cool your Airbox?

k0m3n9

Aug 17, 2005
ulu klang
hmm... yes cpu fan pun boleh laa..
but dont put it ontop of CAI hose coz it will restrict air flow whenever ur engine need to breath faster :eek: u probably need big airbox to place the cpu fan :rolleyes:

anyone got pic of airbox with cpu fan????

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
haha... nola... i mean put cpu fan (coolermaster type) on top of ur aluminium airbox so that it will cool down ur box... nothing to do with restricting air flow... mainly for cooling only... kekekeke...

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
those claiming that connecting the intake hose with a smaller hose to the cabin will suffocate the passenger inside.. better go back study your physics.

Ask yourself some questions
First, how much air that the engine takes at red line, per minute?
Second, what's the pressure reading before the throttle body?
Third, what's the pressure inside the cabin?
Forth, what's the ratio of the diameter of the smaller hose compared to the intake hose?

Then, you will get the answer of "why you won't suffocate by connecting a small hose from the intake hose into the cabin?"

Whether the method works or not in cooling the airbox, or the intake charge temperature, another issue.

Peace.

k0m3n9

Aug 17, 2005
ulu klang
i think what drexchan mean is the small hose is just to letgo the cold air from cabin to ur engine bay just to cool down the air being sucked into engine... by connecting the small hose to the intake hose.. i.e. intake hose got 2 cabang.. 1 mainly to get air for breathing, 1 more the small cabang to make the air cold laa.. that way no restrict la rite????

drexchan... correct me if i'm wrong :)

c-ground

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Seri Kembangan
cground.fotopic.net
you have got it right.

the reason behind this is:-

there is almost no vacuum before the throttle body (unless you have a very restrictive intake system) - answer for 2nd question.

there's no almost no above-atmosphere pressure inside the cabin, nor the aircond under normal circumstances (unless you close all the vents, at full blast) - answer for 3rd question.

So there's no pressure difference between the 2 ends of the small hose. No flow.

If there is a pressure difference (in the case if you close all the vents at full fan speed, and the small hose is connected to the aircond hose), then the air inside the aircond hoses will be forced into the engine intake hose.

But the amount?

At 3000 rpm (100kph in 5th gear), the engine is taking in about 68 cubic feet of air per minute. How much cold air is being supplied by the small hose from the aircond?

Would the amount be sufficient, even to drop the intake charge temperature by 5 deg C?

In addition, to take A % of the power (to run the aircond compressor) from the engine to generate B % of power (from the colder intake charge temp.), where A > B, at the same time sacrifying (wasting) the purpose of using the A % of power in the first place.... reasonable?

Back to the "suffocation" issue, the cabin is not air tight. Otherwise you won't feel the highland effect when you go up to genting, for example.

At the end, no one suffocate, maybe just sweat like a cow in the cabin. No net power gain.

Might as well just turn it off?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
ooo.... if connect alternative route to cabin for additional cold air can la... but if get direct cold air from cabin i still doubt la...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yah yah... aircond take up some power... so they usually switch off the aircond when they race... in racecars, they dont even have the aircond installed... coz the whole set weigh quite alot...

k0m3n9

Aug 17, 2005
ulu klang
Satria racer said:
Man while u turn on ur aircond ull lose more power then u gain... cause usually when u racing u off ur aircond right...
Corect me if i'm wrong...
aiya... ofcoz la u satria racer... alwayz racing one.. :biggrin:

me only wan cooler breath for engine.. hoping for better combustion & better fc ma :cool:

btw it's DIY only... tak rugi banyak la if we just try it.. as long we still can DIY it rite :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bros, what is the average h/p for our campro engine(N/A). I just dyno last few weeks. Just want to compare with other. Is that any different. mind to share?

View attachment 110900
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience