Ideal daily driver AND trackday car??

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
What do you guys think is a good all-rounder car...??

one you can go to work in, go shopping in, balik kampung with AND one you could bring down to the tracks too have some decent serious fun in... what do you guys think...??

or is there no such thing?? :biggrin:

coz currently i have an city idsi for daily drive and a street legal old cheap EF for trackdays. But the thing is, the EF collects a lot of dust over quite a long period between trackdays. It basically just sits in the driveway waiting for another trackday to come along. Not to forget the space it takes up... :biggrin:

so, i was toying with the idea of maintaining one car which i could use for both....

Last edited:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
In the old days... a Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 (or it's poorer cousin, the E33A) and a Subaru Legacy would be the ideal choice.

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
I think you should post a budget, coz from the way you describe, I would say a BMW M5 (doesn't matter which generation coz they are all 4-door saloon) or Audi RS2/RS4/S4 (station wagon somemore) is the sort of vehicle engineered to suit your description.

eg you can drive the M5/RS4 from your house to work, with all luggage in the trunk, pick up some passengers after work, drive all the way to the Pasir Gudang in JB, drift round a few corners, then come back with all the luggage and passengers.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
yeah, i know... its more for the sake of discussion. It could be something we dream about, something from mags we read maybe, or something practical in the Malaysian context....

what crossed MY mind was an Evo 3/4 or a scobby version 3/4/5 or an 4 door EK VTEC .... those are in my budget range... below 100K ... as for the Evo and Scobby's i've mentioned, i don't really know how good they are as daily drivers...

Any of you guys out there who drives track, but the car is also taken to work and stuff??

or is it wiser to have a car dedicated for track...?? but as i pointed out earlier, for a amatuer hobby racer like me, the car is so seldomly used and just sits there collecting dust...

hellojeffo

Mar 20, 2005
Hello, I think Lotus exige won't be fit as a regular driving car. It's not really that easy to drive, according to my uncle's friend, who owns one. I think the BMW M5 would be the best bet, but it will be very expensive.

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
It is not easy to maintain such a car. You will have to sacrifice some element to gain another. But at least I can share that my very own Corolla AE101 that I drive daily is also good for SIC anytime - and so does a quite a few of my fellow Toyota Corolla frens. What we did was simply upgrade the engine to 4A-GE 20V - an engine that was originally built for NA Hi-Rev usage and invest on suspension gadgets and tires - and they are good to go. But the tough decision has always been how much comfort you want to sacrifice for a faster SIC timing.

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
Wira aeroback with VR-4 engine and adjustable suspension... tau pau man.... 2nd hand will only cost u RM 20k +... get the quite old one so tak sakit hati wanna transplant... but u need cash for it... then u can tau pau V-TEC's :rock:

kikaider

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL
I drive an EK9(converted) with B18CR as a daily driver. I drive down to Penang with 3 other passengers, stil comfy. Although its a 2 door hatchback, you'll be surprised with the leg room in the back seats. Performance wise, what more can i say. It speaks for itself. I've managed a time in SIC around 2m45s, with Tein NA suspension and AD07 rubbers.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
money no object a 911 (993) RS. 3.8ltr with 300+bhp . Race ready suspension, Race buckets (Recaro no less) Porsche ,Motorsports Roll cage optional.

Or maybe a 996 GT3 RS.

Failing that buy a old Satria and mod accordingly

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
subaru wrx. (STOCK)

-AWD
-4 door
-turbo
-sports and comfort
-track ready
-city & highway driving with no issue
-its a sedan!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

clutch slip?>? or distributor problem??? cant find out this problem for 1 month dy.. headache!!!!! some say distributor kong, the ignitor in it went wrong, some ppl say tuning wrong, some suspect clutch slip... oh god why... PLS HELP!!:banghead::banghead:

http://youtu.be/wrLV_TZqtBE

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

poping start when vtec kicks in
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience