aeroplane sound

bodybuilder

Dec 3, 2004
Hi everybody my setup got aeroplane sound,quite loud

my kancil ICE i done:
HU : pioneer (used 10months)
front:black mohawk 6" , tweeters
rear:clarion (my fren wira stock giv me)
amp:epsilon 2ch

and i checked ALL the wires,all ok.....

but once i put vol from 0 to 1 on the HU,will sound POP and aeroplane sound will come,if i put vol on HU to 0,will be silent no aeroplane sound

then i tested on discman to amp(rca) no problem....with HU vol=0

whats the prob guys......is it grounding or my HU kong?or somekinda wirerings behind HU??i saw a lot of wires on HU....but i dont understand at all

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
you bolt the ground to where?

try to use a wire directly from your battery -ve terminal to your amp... it worked for me...

tron07

Known Member
Dec 24, 2003
Try this step to determine where the pop comes from

Remove the RCA from the amp, and on the HU. If still got pop, means your amp, if no pop means from the RCA from the HU to amp is the problem. Most probably I would say its the amp.

bodybuilder

Dec 3, 2004
i tried different amp and rca wire also same prob....but if i use my discman no prob

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
head unit ground maybe, could aslo be rca, have to try-2 la few things and see, troubleshooting is a b1tch.

azmi2020

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
hi
So U already test ur system with another HU, i mean discman, so no problem.. i think the problem coming from ur HU, also check ur amp vol level, if u wanna check it, please turn ur amp volume below half level, then try turn on ur system again, make sure ur ground cable HU connect directly to the body or to the battery. Another test is turn off ur engine and turn on ur system on, what will happen? will u hear the aeroplane sound again? This thing can be done if u take some little time to setup ur system correctly dont be rush and be carefull...

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
First of all, when you install your ICE? I mean are you install your ICE seperately. Install HU first, then after sometime only install amp and speakers. Maybe the remote they never connect from HU to amp, or maybe have problem with your HU, try to change the HU or connect RCA cable from your friends car to your amp(need another length of RCA cable) then try again.

mat_rad

Dec 18, 2004
i also got the pop prob same as u before..but it already resolved....wat i do is i connect the remote wire for AMP to acc wire...same as the HU..before this i connect the wire to remote wire from HU...

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
check HU

bodybuilder

Dec 3, 2004
Thanks for everybodys help here
i just now send 2 my frens accesory shop....
test test change rca,amp,HU all cant....

so at the end jus put all the wires direct HU.....take out amp...no more plane sound....nice....

rm25...lol

but don care la...now i wan save $ for my myvi ICE project which is nex month:
i already got :
-1set audio quart component
-4ch amp
-1 rca cable

needs:
-preamp budget rm100-150 (which i cant find yet)
-2 rca cables budget is rm20-25(which i cant find yet)
-NORMAL not cheap ETC cables which is needed include power cable+fius,speakers cables (my fren quote me rm 150)
-installer(my fren shop quote me rm125 , what u guys think?they r quite pro...)

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
needs:
-preamp budget rm100-150 (which i cant find yet)
-2 rca cables budget is rm20-25(which i cant find yet)
-NORMAL not cheap ETC cables which is needed include power cable+fius,speakers cables (my fren quote me rm 150)
-installer(my fren shop quote me rm125 , what u guys think?they r quite pro...)[/QUOTE]

Pre-amp you can get from Lelong, but I not that recommend you to buy, cheap one normally will give you airplane sound.

Why do you still need 2 RCA cables as you have 1 already? For this price is hard to get a good 1. Last time Lelong got sell, now no more liao.

How thick the power they give you? What is your amp rating?

bodybuilder

Dec 3, 2004
audio quart is rm230 the preamp....quite pricy

because 1 is from HU-preamp and 2 more RCA from preamp to amp(4ch)

duno...jus he said thick 1...not cheap type...,amp rating85w x 4 RMS

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
is the problem solve? if not then pm me..

yewnen

Sep 5, 2005
Malaysia
1du.org
I have the same problem as well. Previously is OK, after testing 3 way electronic crossover in my car. Found it doesn't suits my audio, so I put everything in orginal position. Then the aeroplane sound started.

I've tried all the method and ideas given by sifu. In the end, I unplugged the RCA connectors behind my HU. Aeroplane sound disappeared. So that means I have to change a new RCA cable? I really scared that after changing a new RCA cable, the same problem still there. :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have any of you watched the video where Michael Schumacher takes a gorgeous red SLS and loops it in a tunnel? While some are still debating on the authenticity of the commercial, it is still an impressive video nevertheless. I personally like the part where all the crew members are preparing for the run, showing how much preparation, precise calculation and teamwork involved in accomplishing a specific project...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience