wira 1.6 auto convert to 1.6 manual

dxsamurai

dxsamurai

Apr 19, 2005
just waanna know. is it ok for me to convert my wira 1.6 autu gear box to 1.6 manual gearbox? in fuel comsumtion which is more save ( manual or auto). And how much does the wira 1.6 manual gearbox will cost.

Any one wanna buy my wira 1.6 auto gear box. prise Rm 700.00 nego.

Last edited:

Kopi

500 RPM

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
manual will give better fuel consumption... especially when driving under 3000rpm... standard 1.6 easily go 80km++ per RM10

manual GB is around RM900 - RM1200. But it is advisable to get 4G93 1.8 (Putra / GTi) gearbox for better performance and mileage when driving long distance, which may cost a bit higher. 4G92 MIVEC gearbox with LSD is around RM2000. W/out LSD is RM1400, both deliver very good torque thruout whole RPM range.

bem69

Known Member

bem69

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
I'm thinking of changing my gearbox to Manual also, since my Auto gearbox mau mati. Changed 3 times so giving up with auto. The problem is, is it that easy to convert from auto to manual? My bro say its not feasible, should change the whole engine cause auto engine different than manual engine? Sigh, really confused.

You can use 4G92 MIVEC gearbox gearbox? Didn't know also.

dxsamurai

dxsamurai

Apr 19, 2005
that's mean manual more pick-up ,top speed, and save fuel then auto right.
anybody wanna buy my auto 1.6 gearbox. condition stil cunn.

simon

Known Member

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
bem69 said:
I'm thinking of changing my gearbox to Manual also, since my Auto gearbox mau mati. Changed 3 times so giving up with auto. The problem is, is it that easy to convert from auto to manual? My bro say its not feasible, should change the whole engine cause auto engine different than manual engine? Sigh, really confused.

You can use 4G92 MIVEC gearbox gearbox? Didn't know also.
no need to change the engine , u just change the g/box only. but u may need to change other parts like drive shafts & other minor stuffs but it depends on what car it is. but actually auto g/box should last very long if taken proper care & driving is very convenient . hw do u know yr auto g/box mau mati ? what symptoms ??

bem69

Known Member

bem69

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
My car previously overheated and because of that the mechanic checked the gearbox and some of the parts are broken (not sure which), and what they did was put a gear or something just to make the car move. Not gonna last long for sure. How do I know? The gear sometimes doesnt change, hence major revving. I just wanna get rid of auto and go manual, as I prefer it myself.

Just wanna know the complications of changing to manual.

d3s

500 RPM

d3s

500 RPM
May 1, 2005
KL
Well... complication?? :confused:
There shouldn't b any problem changing Auto gear-box to manual gear box... but some say after changing ur power might lack!!!

simon

Known Member

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
d3s said:
Well... complication?? :confused:
There shouldn't b any problem changing Auto gear-box to manual gear box... but some say after changing ur power might lack!!!
no actually there wil b more power....2 yrs back i converted my iswara 1.5 auto to manual the power was more , with auto the top speed achieved was around 165-169kph but after change to manual it was around 185-190kph . the fuel consumption improved tremendously & pick up was great but the mechanic who did the conversion used some second hand drive shaft & after a year when it had problems i went to another mechanic to replace a new drive shaft but they could not fit in the new one & they had no idea what drive shaft the previous mechanic had used !!!! i had to find the previous mechanic (sudah pindah) & then he said it was mitsubishi super touring one...normal iswara drive shaft would not fit in !!!!!! donno why..but the mechanic said my auto model (1992/3) was weird.....so had to get another similar 2nd hand drive shaft again.......it got no new stock . the thing is not everything is similar in manual & auto cars....so when changing fr auto to manual make sure all other parts replaced are sourceable when the need arises for replacement !!!!! some mechanics like to put bits & pieces together to make their job easy

d3s

500 RPM

d3s

500 RPM
May 1, 2005
KL
Well... that's wut i heard from ppl... i know lots of ppl changing gearbox but mostly got no problem... maybe some parts that not compatible that need to change.. :p

bem69

Known Member

bem69

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Oh now that's scary leh.. any idea what kind of budget you need to change from 1.6 (a) to normal 1.6 (M)?

dotn3t

dotn3t

Mar 19, 2005
jpj approval?

tumpang thread bro.....

about this transmission conversion, do we need JPJ's approval? Some ppl said yes....some said no......abit confusing la.

Last edited:

simon

Known Member

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
dotn3t said:
tumpang thread bro.....

about this transmission conversion, do we need JPJ's approval? Some ppl said yes....some said no......abit confusing la.
i am not very sure......i myself did not inform jpj & the insurers , but still last year when my car met accident the insurers did not question me , maybe becos the gearbox not damaged lah , but best to inform the jpj & insurers as well. in case the gearbox damaged/fly off in accident then the insurers may make noise.

tk2005takeru

Known Member

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
hey i'm thinking of changing my GB too. my GB is auto Wira 1.6 stock from 92. i dunno what's wrong but the GB will soon die too... Making a 'kunk' sound when it change gear, but this is sometime la... can this be repaired or it's going to die???

jee_square

Known Member

jee_square

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
Taman Melawati
My friend changed his GB to manual from auto last month.. Doesn't seemed to have much hassle.. Just get an extra pedal and a new shift knob.. Acceleration is greatly improved with manual GB and so does the fuel consumption.. Some guy told me before, an auto 1.6 tapau a manual 1.6 in shah alam.. both are wira a/back.. Dunno how far true lah.. But 1.6 auto GB have u much longer cut.. I've dynoed a wira 1.6 and it cuts at 240 km/h.. Pretty good for top speed.. Manual I'm not so sure, but for sure better lah! :)

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
based on experience, auto to manual conversion isnt complicated at all if the mechanic knows what he's doing. power wise a bit better but not by much. dont expect to get a tremendous gain of power. no stress when moving in a heavy traffic area cos auto tends to use higher gears even when the car is crawling and that makes the pick up suck big time. top end dont seem to improve a lot...maybe by mere 10-20km/h. fuel consumption got better. with auto i managed to clock 400km for RM50 of fuel (not at current rate of course) and after converting i got 500km. and the main satisfaction is the stress of over taking cars after slowing down is wayyyyyyyyyyy less.
parts that u need to convert a 4G92P from auto to manual are gearbox, drive shaft, pedals, gear stick, clutch, flywheel and pressure plate. thats just about all that u need. happy converting!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

With the first Touring Car race to commence this weekend on Sepang's recently revised circuit, featuring a brand new surface that is matched with changes both subtle and substantial, Many have speculated the changes, some have tried the circuit and formed mixed conclusions including me, If you haven't already seen my preliminary impressions and on-board video, then click here. But, enough of the uncertainties, let's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience