Touch Screen Frozen (Touch screen kong)

Malcolm

Dec 7, 2003
Shah Alam
Hi all..

Has anyone experienced this?

According to other forums is quite a common problem especially in our hot weather.

It has happened to me though.

Anyone with experience how how they fixed theirs, kindly share.

Thanks!

Malcolm

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all..

Has anyone experienced this?

According to other forums is quite a common problem especially in our hot weather.

It has happened to me though.

Anyone with experience how how they fixed theirs, kindly share.

Thanks!

Malcolm
Touch screen kong. Models? My screen kong I just go eBay and bought the cheap one.
Replaced it myself. :proud:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
the screens are replacable......just like lcd on a laptop...provided they are compatible.

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
How did yours kong ?

No Picture at all or touch screen doesnt respond but got picture ?

Mine kong once too..touch screen not working but picture and graphic as usual.... its the ribbon ( 4 lines ) at the lcd screen that broke its connection, so no touch screen input.

What i did was :

Dismantle the ML head unit
Dismantle the LCD Panel from Head Unit
Remove the Ribbon Insulation
Apply " Circuit Writter" to reconnect the broken connection. (apply at all 4 to be safe)
Assemble back and back to normal.

Or

You can get from a Recon Unit from Ebay which cost around USD 400-500 and replace it one to one.

Malcolm

Dec 7, 2003
Shah Alam
I screwed up trying to fix it up myself.

I spoil the dashboard trying to take the unit out....it was pretty nicely stuck especially the air cond vents...don't believe how easy it looks on youtube...

Then I accidentally yanked out 4 wires from its loom when removing the unit and fried the board trying to figure the sequence.

In the end I sent it to Tom's in Bangsar to mend my wrongs.

Cost me rm2k plus to fix everything up...it could have been a 'mere' rm600+ to replace the touch screen...

Pain

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There might be field hockey and ice hockey but, as anybody that has seen both games played, they share as much in common as a bikini and full-body wetsuit. Another more worthy example for these pages might be Formula One and Nascar.

Though the two might not be associated at all, sharing sponsors has made the jump a little less harsh on the knees lately, especially since Juan Pablo Montoya made the leap...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience