problem evo3(with 4g67 block)--- video attch

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
ok...somehow my car began to make problem again....now car when start in idle...can hear "pop..pop"...sound from the exhaust and the car like wanna die trying to breath..when i start and drive the car..the car cannot go to high rpm...worse top speed only 120km/h(that also feels like the engine running about 180km/h already)....so i tot the problem maybe caused by bad spark plug...so i change the ori HKS spark plug to borch spark plug(new)...well bad idea...its getting worse then before.....b4 i bring to the mech...i wanna know what causing this problem....plze share....tq:bawling:

engine spec: evo3 with 4g67 block,arp head screw, new piston ring and bearing(running around 1100km only, anything else is standard.....

wiraevo32.wmv - YouTube

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
fuel pump problem?..plug cables?..t/body?

Last edited:

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
ohh...is bcoz of damaged piston or just about fuel pump or cable plug...coz just afraid 2moro bring to mech bcoz of piston damage...aiya.....money2...the engine wanna die gegar2 worr.....btw my block is just overhauled.....new piston rings all etc.....

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
I dun really know wat caused yr engine to be like dat..I had a faulty fuel pump before but my idling was stable, unlike urs, just dat i can't accelerate smoothly..engine choke when i try to floor the pedal..your engine is still running in, did u whack yr car ade?..

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
nope...no wacking coz still below 5k.....afraid piston damage so running below 4k of rpm....err....suddenly like that wor.....aiya....

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
i think it could be somewhere along the intake or ECU.

Maybe can check these first :

1) Intake air sensor, filter, and hose.
2) Throttle body motor & sensor

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
ignition not stable. try check all the connector from plug cable, to coil, to power unit and so on.

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
ignition not stable. try check all the connector from plug cable, to coil, to power unit and so on.
yeah..i also suspected the cable coz...b4 i change to borch spark plug....this problem not really accour badly...but after i change to new spark plug...this getting worse...maybe bcoz of i already mess up with the cable?can any one tell me the running number for each cable to the engine?

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
sure ...the timing for the belting is a bit off....i think around 2 gigi.....dunno how lari or lastime the other mech didn't do marking properly so the problem become worse and worse.....the lower belting also lari timing.....argg...hope will be ok already......cheers....

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

ohh ya the mech heard that the engine is knoking...thats y he check the timing and belting....

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
car problem again.....guys...i would like to know...when i race my engine in start up(to high rpm) (as normal before this rpm will go up and down back to 1k rpm)....but mine goes down to 300 then bounce back 1k..seems like car vibrate wanna die/shut down.....same as when i wack my car each gear....rpm will go down to nearly 300rpm and bounce up to 1k(feels car wanna die or shut down)...y ah?

2nd.-my rear wheel now makan dalam....looks like tayar terkangkan..so i do "pressing"...after one week tayar seems kaangkang again,,,do i need rear adjustable camber?

3rd. why my car when i tarik2 feels like engine longgar?mounting still in good conditon...feels like when i change gear engine bounce back and front...

4th. when i low gear(1st gear) time heavy jem...car drive slow in first gear like terhantuk2...or jerking...y?when car like terhantuk2 need to press clutch then ok...2nd and high gear seems ok....

any friends wanna share?tq

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what will happen if i pump normal diesel for new engine?
the petrol station near my house don't got euro5...the nearest petrol station that got sell euro5 is 1 hour more from my house..i looking for petronas brand only
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience