DIY projects

keisukosan

Known Member

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
Haiya i not good in english tats why many people also say tat to me,hope u dun mind... :wavey:

savahn

Known Member

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
As I said, I dont know how that worked out. A Motec technician told me about it - apparently, the electrical harness is made here in Malaysia.

Rotaries run hot, turbos just soak up the heat and superchargers are worse. There is no way to make a low heat rotary in that configuration. Unless you have multiple radiators and multiple pump systems.

adamckc

Known Member

adamckc

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
this the late pic of how to strengtern the inner door handle,, 1st pic has the inner door cup strengterned with metal plate at the friction area.. i drilled it to become bigger hole to allow the screw to go thru. 2nd pic has additional screw into the part of metal very close to the pulling part.. i also had to make a little drill..

Attachments

Last edited:

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Anyone interested in porting the intake & exhaust holes for FD?

Anyone wanting their RX to sound as if U're running high cams....blaa...blaa...bla....bla....

Work done on precision CNC machining center, all "LEFT-RIGHT" porting will be equal & symetrical...guarantee!! Only a balance porting job can bring out the full potential of your rotary monster.

Will upload photos of a complete FD engine we just completed....

Engine will be assembled & dynoed next week...

[email protected] / 012-283-3635

phat7

2,000 RPM

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
AvanT This is awesome!! It is so important to have ports match balanced.

AvanT

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Anyone interested in porting the intake & exhaust holes for FD?

Anyone wanting their RX to sound as if U're running high cams....blaa...blaa...bla....bla....

Work done on precision CNC machining center, all "LEFT-RIGHT" porting will be equal & symetrical...guarantee!! Only a balance porting job can bring out the full potential of your rotary monster.

Will upload photos of a complete FD engine we just completed....

Engine will be assembled & dynoed next week...

Our CNC porting includes machining of 4 intake ports & 2 exhaust ports.

INTAKE:
FRONT housing (1-port)
MIDDLE housing (2-ports)
AFT housing (1-port)

EXHAUST:
2 ROTOR housings (1-port each)

See pics for better understanding.....ENJOY =D

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

INTAKE:
FRONT, MIDDLE, AFT housing

EXHAUST:
2pcs ROTOR housing

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Closeup pics of the INTAKE ports, notice the equal & symmetrical shape & dimension of the FRONT, MIDDLE & AFT housing.

---------- Post added 09-25-2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 09-24-2011 at 11:51 PM ----------

Closeup pics of the EXHAUST ports on the 2 ROTOR housing, also see the already machined, but unpolished surface inside of the port

Last edited:

AvanT

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
CNC precision machining the seal slot to fit the thicker & better quality SuperSeal on the 2 rotors. The new SuperSeal is 1mm thicker than the standard apex seal.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
i can feel some big power coming up.......long life... BRAP !

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004
I hope those are not your finished ports in the pics. If they are , I would suggests that you do not sell them as is. There are a few points to take note of.

1. All the ports be it exhaust or intake need to be chamferred/beveled out. Those area are important as there are opportunitiess for the seals (corner or side ) to get caught on the closing / side edges of the port.

2. Chamfering / Beveling out those area allow for less chatter as the seals have a smoother transition from the from the opening of the ports to the closing of the ports.

A 2mm border with a 20 to 40ish degree bevel / chamfer would be sufficient. No need to be all gungho about it and make it and exact angle.

AvanT

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
I hope those are not your finished ports in the pics. If they are , I would suggests that you do not sell them as is. There are a few points to take note of.

1. All the ports be it exhaust or intake need to be chamferred/beveled out. Those area are important as there are opportunitiess for the seals (corner or side ) to get caught on the closing / side edges of the port.

2. Chamfering / Beveling out those area allow for less chatter as the seals have a smoother transition from the from the opening of the ports to the closing of the ports.

A 2mm border with a 20 to 40ish degree bevel / chamfer would be sufficient. No need to be all gungho about it and make it and exact angle.

U're right about the importance of smooth transition when the seals rub pass the ports, but I think the correct process here is blending "radius", not "chamfer", chamferring normally creates a sharp 45 or 30 degree angle. See below for what we did....

...HAND POLISH

Last edited:

AvanT

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Finally have the engine in the car & running-in after much delay.
See followings pics for car on dyno for fine tuning....bllaang...blaaang...blaang...bllaang...
Boost was set at 0.6bar max for run-in period... result....310+ WHP at 0.6bar boost!!!

Last edited:

AvanT

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009

AvanT

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Dyno chart for RX7 with CNC porting of intake+exhaust, max boost set at 0.6 bar

adamckc

Known Member

adamckc

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
due to shortage of parts,, started this project for modifying master power window switch,, due to poor response towards the previous posting ,, i would make long story short,, connect the wire (easy la plus minors electric points bla bla) then make bigger hole or reduce size of switch then voala,, ready..
if you think it is easy it is because you havent tried it hands on till whole biji(assembly) is produced.. if you need more info could pm me.. welcomed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hope bros here can help a little

currently my car have some dent and rust..so i do all the bodywork,knocking and simen all by myself..but the problem now..i dun hv enuff money to paint my car

so is there anything i can spray?not the normal can..cos when i wanna paint..all musr rub again..i need something to spray just for a meanwhile by tyhe time i get enuff money

is there anything like can type undercoat for automotive use?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience