Discussion On Your Daily Ride

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, i guess so. never really care about car paint before. but this time, need to pay some attention. How to maintain it? Coating?
No need coating la, too expensive. Just polish and wax once every 3 months, and wash the car every week should be fine.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Brilliant choice bro. Just saw UMW Toyota tease the “all new” Camry. Carry over old 2.5L 4 pot engine.

Your V6 engine with rear wheel drive makes the X look like a damn good bargain.

Can’t believe still got idiots buy new cars from UMW Toyota.
The power of the Toyota brand cannot be underestimated. :lol:

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
No need coating la, too expensive. Just polish and wax once every 3 months, and wash the car every week should be fine.
I had once heard, some people said they would not send to carwash frequently because the soap used somehow strong to make your car shiny but maybe in the long run will fade the paint. Is it true?

Yeah, i also think maybe no coating la. polish and wax once in 3 months looks reasonable.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Brilliant choice bro. Just saw UMW Toyota tease the “all new” Camry. Carry over old 2.5L 4 pot engine.

yeah.. i choose mark x becoz it has a lil bit of everything. engine is not the most powerful, but enough. design not winning any award but make me wana look it everytime (once parked, while walking away, will look back once), japan made eventhough not new, and the best thing is, it is rear wheel drive. other things/accessories you can add, but not rear wheel drive.

just have the chance to drove it JB-KL last weekend, really nice and satisfied. I think i made a right choice.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
yeah.. i choose mark x becoz it has a lil bit of everything. engine is not the most powerful, but enough. design not winning any award but make me wana look it everytime (once parked, while walking away, will look back once), japan made eventhough not new, and the best thing is, it is rear wheel drive. other things/accessories you can add, but not rear wheel drive.

just have the chance to drove it JB-KL last weekend, really nice and satisfied. I think i made a right choice.
I think in D-segment, smoothness is important, so a V6 will always beat a 4 cylinder, always. No inline 6 engine exists in this price range so V6 is the next best choice. Plus its a rear wheel drive, better dynamics since the driven wheel isn't used to steer.

It was one of the cars I shortlisted as well, but I needed more power. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
I think in D-segment, smoothness is important, so a V6 will always beat a 4 cylinder, always. No inline 6 engine exists in this price range so V6 is the next best choice. Plus its a rear wheel drive, better dynamics since the driven wheel isn't used to steer.

It was one of the cars I shortlisted as well, but I needed more power. Hope you continue to enjoy it.
thanks bro. so, what's your choice/shortlisted cars? if you can share

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur

For the general car buying public (read : non car people) newer is ALWAYS better.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
thanks bro. so, what's your choice/shortlisted cars? if you can share
Toyota Camry Hybrid 2.5
Toyota Mark X
Volkswagen Passat GTi (psst the 2L, wet DSG one)
Mercedes C250
BMW 330e
Mazda CX-5 2.2D
Mazda 3
Honda CR-V 1.5T

The Passat, I wasn't ready to suffer the service centre and crap resale value. The Toyotas were too slow relative to the others at the top of the list. The Mercedes too expensive. The Mazdas not powerful enough, the Honda too uncle.

For the general car buying public (read : non car people) newer is ALWAYS better.
Which is why I mentioned UMW Toyota specifically, in their entire lineup other than the Toyota Camry Hybrid, the rest are utter rubbish. The CH-R is like poverty spec, no HID/LED, no adaptive cruise/auto brake, seriously... for the premium it commands over its segment peers. The Altis vs Mazda 3/Civic hahahaha, the Vios vs City.. etc.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I had once heard, some people said they would not send to carwash frequently because the soap used somehow strong to make your car shiny but maybe in the long run will fade the paint. Is it true?

Yeah, i also think maybe no coating la. polish and wax once in 3 months looks reasonable.
If you send to the car wash shops out there who use those unknown car shampoos or "snow wash" types, you better budget for a paint job in about 3-5 years. You need paint friendly car shampoo otherwise it'll just eat at the clear coat and the UV from the sun kills your paint colour.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Not only the shampoo but also the washing method. If you see them wash/sponge the shampoo on your car from top to bottom to top again, you need to find another shop. This is because the bottom have the most dirt and dirt stuck to the sponge goes back up means yours paint will have swirls. They need to rinse the sponge before using it on the top again.....lol

Also polish and wax 3 months. The polish part should be paint cleaning and not compound polishing. If do compound polishing the clear coat will become thinner....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If you send to the car wash shops out there who use those unknown car shampoos or "snow wash" types, you better budget for a paint job in about 3-5 years. You need paint friendly car shampoo otherwise it'll just eat at the clear coat and the UV from the sun kills your paint colour.
When we opening a detailing shop?

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb

Yup, polishing and waxing every 3 months is good enough. Much cheaper option than the coating option and works as well.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Not only the shampoo but also the washing method. If you see them wash/sponge the shampoo on your car from top to bottom to top again, you need to find another shop. This is because the bottom have the most dirt and dirt stuck to the sponge goes back up means yours paint will have swirls. They need to rinse the sponge before using it on the top again.....lol

Also polish and wax 3 months. The polish part should be paint cleaning and not compound polishing. If do compound polishing the clear coat will become thinner....
Typically the jet spray should be able to loosen most of the dirt and then they spray the soap “snow wash” which will further loosen any dirt stuck. If they are using better quality sponge, it shouldn’t be that bad too. I haven’t seen any car wash place rinse their sponge in between a wash but definitely the sponge used to clean the rims and car body has to be different.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear brothers,

Just need some advice and opinions from you guys, just had a minor accident for the first time in my life.
It's my fault, I ( Silver Myvi ) accidentally bang his car (Orange Myvi) because I didn't pay enough attention while reversing (Only look at left side mirror).

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience