Best of the best engine oils

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
Lazada sale today. Can grab

BTW why do we Malaysians only pay attention to the viscosity and certs.

I see bobistheoilguy forums they pay details to what b1 b2 acea c3 c4 kinda thing. Is that important for our cars?

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Lazada sale today. Can grab

BTW why do we Malaysians only pay attention to the viscosity and certs.

I see bobistheoilguy forums they pay details to what b1 b2 acea c3 c4 kinda thing. Is that important for our cars?
Dude, b1 b2 b3 is the cert, just like API SN, and to be clear, I always use ACEA A3/B4 oils.I make sure the oils I use have this cert. And I will never buy engine oil from lazada.

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
Dude, b1 b2 b3 is the cert, just like API SN, and to be clear, I always use ACEA A3/B4 oils.I make sure the oils I use have this cert. And I will never buy engine oil from lazada.
Any differences to have diff number?
Bec I don't quite grab why do bitog ppl ask abt changing c3 to C2 for example.

I am using acea c3 on myvi and I nv pay attention before this.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Any differences to have diff number?
Bec I don't quite grab why do bitog ppl ask abt changing c3 to C2 for example.

I am using acea c3 on myvi and I nv pay attention before this.
C3 is mostly for modern cars like myvi which has catalytic converter. They have lower zinc and phosphorous antiwear additives but added other additives to offset this. This is to avoid poisoning the catalytic converter.
Since I am driving a much older car and I had my cat-con removed, I prefer A3/B4 which has higher amount of traditional antiwear additives. Also european specs like ACEA A3/B4 and C3 is more stringent than US based API standards. API SN is easier to pass than ACEA standards.
Normally a ACEA certified oil can surely pass API cert, but not the other way around.

Reactions: Darth Evillus

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
Tangan gatal changed to amsoil signature series 5w30 for a try.
Should I still stick to OCI every 6 months for this oil or 1 year? I know my annual mileage is not 25k miles but somewhere about 10k to 12k km.
If I push it a little further, for good. Maintenance but cost saving purpose, I change my oil filter 6 monthly but the oil yearly?

Any sifu on this oil before pls advise

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Should I still stick to OCI every 6 months for this oil or 1 year? I know my annual mileage is not 25k miles but somewhere about 10k to 12k km.
If I push it a little further, for good. Maintenance but cost saving purpose, I change my oil filter 6 monthly but the oil yearly?

As a former user of SSO. 1 year or 15k km is fine. Unless you race with it. Full throttle for 30 minutes or something like that then 10k km.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why former user.

U got other fav brand now a?
I'm cheap now. I buy Shell Helix Ultra for RM99
The boat is seldom driven, so I change every year instead of following OCI.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur

1 year is ok, heck even myself on shell helix ultra 1 year oci. Less than 10k km.

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
I'm cheap now. I buy Shell Helix Ultra for RM99
The boat is seldom driven, so I change every year instead of following OCI.
Any perceived difference when u drove with shell vs amsoil? I also store shell in my storeroom for my less driven cars. Hence I can't make the difference. Those cars nv go to highway. Only around penang Island

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
1 year is ok, heck even myself on shell helix ultra 1 year oci. Less than 10k km.
As you know my VR running Pennzoil HDEO 15w-40. Suppose to change every 6 months since very low mileage, Recently was busy so push to 8 months since mileage only 1k plus km, but after change can feel the smoothness of the engine......lol

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
As you know my VR running Pennzoil HDEO 15w-40. Suppose to change every 6 months since very low mileage, Recently was busy so push to 8 months since mileage only 1k plus km, but after change can feel the smoothness of the engine......lol
Difficult to say since you aren't comparing apples to apples (15W40 isnt synthetic)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Difficult to say since you aren't comparing apples to apples (15W40 isnt synthetic)
When I first use FS, I did keep OCI at 10k km, but my engine seems very dirty (meaning oil quite dark), thereafter I change them earlier also.
Was suppose to use this HDEO to flush the engine, but my engine ran quieter, that is why I start using this oil instead.....lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Any perceived difference when u drove with shell vs amsoil? I also store shell in my storeroom for my less driven cars. Hence I can't make the difference. Those cars nv go to highway. Only around penang Island
My ass can't tell any difference. But I can tell you running 3 years with a mix of Amsoil SSO and German Castrol, my turbo was pristine condition. Cause took it out to fix a leak on the hoses, so checked the turbo again.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys. Have question on evo I.

It was OK after the convertion. But only got this problem lately.

The boost doesnt come on time. Sometimes 3.5K rpm full boost sometimes may be 4K-5K.
The car feels laggish compare to last time.

Sometimes after boosting, the check engine light will be on.
Then when idle, RPM will be less than 1K. The car will be shaking.
Throttle becomes heavier. Can acccelerate but rpm takes very long to build up.

After body has any idea whats happening?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience