1.6 VTEC sure can la
i've tapaud a mini cooper S and an AE86 supercharged before

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
1.6 VTEC sure can la
i've tapaud a mini cooper S and an AE86 supercharged before
salute to u!
wat is ur boost? 1bar? AE86 supercharger is 1.6 DOHC also kena tapau by u. u are FF lorr. FF=farking fast. maybe ur nt running 170bhp, its 170whp. keke....

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
bro,
how much u BOT ur 4G15p?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
4g15, kudos to ur BOT'ed powerplant!

see, interesting mah ppl mod this dino engine...haha

very nice mods u got as well, how early does the boost come in? how is d fc of driving without activating turbo?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
No problem. Modding forum sure must discuss mods mah. Did you manage to fix your rpm glitch that we talked about at kaichia not long ago (this was just after you installed your performance camshafts) ?
yeah, i have, turned out cam setting was too advanced, fuel supply was problematic as well....solved the problem....now gtech oso cant use edi, mounting rosak....argh...may have to order new one...cant wait to see the outcome of urs...

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
Not disagreeing with anyone here, nor am I trying to justify any particular position.

I think we can safely say when it comes to playing around with car stuff there really isn't a right / wrong answer. It's just a lot of different ways to do things and the main reason for doing it does not necessarily have to be because it is the fastest engine, or the most modern, economical or whatever.

Why I want to mod my Iswara 4G13 with Powerzone ? My reasons are only specific to me and I don't speak for anyone else. Basically, I don't want to buy another car. I want to retain my old ride for as long as I can hold on to it in a configuration as close to the original as possible but I also want the ride to have some balls and the engine must be reliable enough to be driven hard but also function as a daily drive. Playing around with a balanced and blueprinted 4G15 upped to 1.6 with a stroker kit seemed the logical choice. I can, I suppose, transplant something with much more cc and more grunt but for me JPJ approvals is also a consideration.

I'm not looking to eat any Porsches, M5s, Mivec turbos or B16A boy racers. In any case, I don't get picked on by the loud and proud turbo crowd. These guys tend to go for more challenging targets. I do however get picked on by the assholes in the reasonably stock Vios, and Wajas who like to go for easy meat like a wimpy 1.3 Saga. I just want a souped up Saga with deceptively sleeper looks so I can pull a fast one on an unsuspecting fool in a Vios.

Put it this way. If a Vios can do 0-100 in approx 11 secs, and my Powerzone Saga can do that in 7 secs, it's a no-contest. A little, but nevertheless meaningful, victory for the small people like me who tend to get pushed around by the larger cars.

I chose Powerzone because they have a proven track-record for coming out with zippy rides that are also 100% reliable as a daily car.

I would say that a larger chunk of the budget is going into handling and safety mods, so it's just not the engine that is getting all the attention. No point going fast if I can't stop worth a damn.

Tofu and Nothhiswara, of course, had been modding their Sagas longer than I have and had been very helpful with advice and recommendations.
hehe... to have a 0-100 in 7sec for 4G13... tht must be satisfying and an accomplishment in itself. furthermore got LSD gearbox one lor... VR4 brake system... strut bar... you can play with Vios and eat them anytime you want, hehe. Wonder about the fuel consumption for RM10 how may kilometres? you use ur car to go to work?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
hoxy, his one will be 4g15 liao lah haha

u noe the powerzone iswara? according to the owner his fc was more or less like his ori 4g13...y? bkos its almost effortless now for the car to move around; uphill, overtaking etc etc...good stuff iznt it hehe

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
u noe the powerzone iswara? according to the owner his fc was more or less like his ori 4g13...y? bkos its almost effortless now for the car to move around; uphill, overtaking etc etc...good stuff iznt it hehe
oic. this is great! 4g13 has higher fc compare to 4g15 cozs 1.3 is underpower.
if u tekan the fuel habis i think the FC is sth like perdana.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
u hantan in all those things? then the bil dont dare to see lorr.
good luck to u. make sure CNY u collect more angpau. haha....
hehe I'm not even done with it yet. After Powerzone, I'm going to re-cushion the seats and also replace with better fabric and throw out the two front seats and put in place semi-buckets. I think SSCUS will be good enuff...plug and play somemore..retain the ori seat-rail. After that I'm thinking of an ICE...not decided what brand wor.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Hello
I drive a 4G15P. The current set-up's a TD04 turbo powered bolt-on system that's pushing 170bhp on the engine. It's also an everyday car.
6.....Here's the best tip. It's ugly, but it gives the best airflow. Take out the grill of your car. Straight-flow instant air-ram. I can see drastic improvement in my cooling cause i have an intercooler now. But i'm sure an N/A setup would benefit from the air being directed straight into the engine bay as well.
Wooo...that's some monster you got there. TD04 hooked to a 4G15. Salute to you man.

I'm thinking of that tip too but putting in a grill or a CAI for my NA setup.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
fvel,

u so rich kah? sekaligus u buy the 2nd hand car that got mivec inside, ICE inside with recaro seat. settle everything. haha....

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
hoxy, his one will be 4g15 liao lah haha

hoxy,

I actually asked them if they could do something for my ori 4G13 to get the same level of performance as their 4G15 but was told some performance increases is available for 4G13 but not as great since the Powerzone products caters for 4G15 and above. So I transplant to 4G15 loh.

Of course if you want to monster your 4G13, you have to DIY and customize like Northiswara or khoyos (was it khoyos ?...or was it someone else ?). They discussed in a thread not long ago.. slapping in those crazy performance cams and related mods. Don't play play with these innocent looking Sagas. They'll eat you alive.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
fvel,

u so rich kah? sekaligus u buy the 2nd hand car that got mivec inside, ICE inside with recaro seat. settle everything. haha....
2nd hand car many times can be hit or miss lor. My dad bought his 2nd hand Merc....forever fixing it. This wrong..that wrong...this broken, that broken. You know us car nuts lah......gatal......even buying a 2nd hand MIVEC sure won't leave alone for long......sooner or later sure will mod this, mod that , replace this and that. $$ all adds up in the end.

I don't think I spend too much lor...reasonable amount but not obscene, and leave it to Powerzone ppl to makeover the car...become practically like brand new.

And that blardy tofu_manic poison my mind with his Mythelogy Pulley review. Now I oso cannot tahan and bought one.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
hehe yeah....it was cipan_supercas that went all out on his 4g13...

Fvel, u have not really gone into ignition mods yet...

go multi spark babeh, u wont regret it hehe

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
2nd hand car many times can be hit or miss lor. My dad bought his 2nd hand Merc....forever fixing it. This wrong..that wrong...this broken, that broken. You know us car nuts lah......gatal......even buying a 2nd hand MIVEC sure won't leave alone for long......sooner or later sure will mod this, mod that , replace this and that. $$ all adds up in the end.

I don't think I spend too much lor...reasonable amount but not obscene, and leave it to Powerzone ppl to makeover the car...become practically like brand new.

And that blardy tofu_manic poison my mind with his Mythelogy Pulley review. Now I oso cannot tahan and bought one.
wahahahaa good stuff must let ppl noe mah

if interested lemme noe, can poison u summore hahaha :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

900K cars sold: Honda Malaysia wants to give away 9 cars

No Limit - 900,000 units but the Mugen Concept's not one. Honda Malaysia's just announced that by Q3 of 2019, they would have sold over 900K cars in the country since their establishment in 2002. It still reigns as the #1...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience