News

New 2018 BMW i8 lands in Kuala Lumpur!

The new BMW I8 lands in KL. While it might look largely unchanged, this refreshed plug-in hybrid ‘supercar’ see key revisions and updates to bring it up to speed with today’s advancements in the ever developing realm of PHEVs

New Aero

Frontal flowing air used to rush through an air outlet from the bonnet. That has since changed in the new I8 as this air is now rerouted to exit via the sides, near the front wheel arches

Bigger Battery Upgrade

The new i8 gets better e-range now with a new 33 Ah battery replacing the previous 20 Ah. This high-voltage battery is located centrally in the i8’s underbody for a lower centre of gravity.

Increased Electric Motor Output

Its all-electric application, performance and range have been raised as well, with an increase in its electric motor output. The increment is huge, from a puny 9 KW to a whopping 105 KW. This will see the new i8 reaching 55 kilometres in all-electric range and substantially widening the plug-in hybrid supercar’s reach well beyond the city limits.

Higher Combined Output

Another big change in the new i8 is the new total output. While its 231hp 1.5L turbo 3 cylinder remains unchanged, the newly revised electric motor that power the front wheels have been increased 12hp from 131hp to 143hp. This gives the i8 a combined power output of 374hp and a new zerotohundred of 4.4 seconds.

Price: RM1.3 mil

<p>I would love a car like this. But I love the money more than the car. Oh well. Not for paupers like me.</p>
<p>I don&#039;t know why but the AutoMan theme keeps playing in my head now....</p>
<p>
I would love a car like this. But I love the money more than the car. Oh well. Not for paupers like me.
</p><p><br /></p><p>Imagine if they ever released a baby i8, maybe an i4 coupe for the masses. that&#039;ll be something</p>
<p>
I don&#039;t know why but the AutoMan theme keeps playing in my head now....
</p><p><br /></p><p>what&#039;s an AutoMan theme song?</p>
<p></p><p><br /></p><p>**i guess</p>
<p>Alcyon - you sure are old.... hahahahahahaha</p>
<p>
Alcyon - you sure are old.... hahahahahahaha
</p><p>Pop culture historian...</p>
<p>I don&#039;t remember any car shows before Knight Rider to be honest but this Automan looks good actually</p>
<p>
I don&#039;t remember any car shows before Knight Rider to be honest but this Automan looks good actually
</p><p>Automan is from the same creator of Knight Rider, but it only lasted one season compared to Knight Rider which had 4 seasons. Another TV series that lasted one season was Streethawk...</p>
<p>
Automan is from the same creator of Knight Rider, but it only lasted one season compared to Knight Rider which had 4 seasons. Another TV series that lasted one season was Streethawk...
</p><p><br /></p><p>Speaking of Streerhawk, I was a huge fan of Airwolf</p>
<p>1.8m for just 370hp due to the hi-tech complexity, certainly not my cup of tea.</p>
<p>Not for normal folks leh......where to find 1.8m or how to pay the installments......lol</p>
<p>
Not for normal folks leh......where to find 1.8m or how to pay the installments......lol
</p><p><br /></p><p>even if I have 18m to burn on cars, I wouldn&#039;t buy it. I&#039;d buy something simpler with maybe almost twice the power.</p>
<p>
even if I have 18m to burn on cars, I wouldn&#039;t buy it. I&#039;d buy something simpler with maybe almost twice the power.
</p><p>If I had 1.8m to buy a <i>car</i> it would mean I have 4 other cars at hand that will probably be waaaay more powerful or waaaay more expensive and this BMW 1.8m would be peanuts. In fact I&#039;d just buy it to bring me to the market cuz it would save me gas. But what is gas? Pfft...RM2.60 per liter &quot;only&quot; mah. </p><p><br /></p><p>:biggrin:</p>
<p>
If I had 1.8m to buy a <i>car</i> it would mean I have 4 other cars at hand that will probably be waaaay more powerful or waaaay more expensive and this BMW 1.8m would be peanuts. In fact I&#039;d just buy it to bring me to the market cuz it would save me gas. But what is gas? Pfft...RM2.60 per liter &quot;only&quot; mah.</p><p><br /></p><p>:biggrin:
</p><p><br /></p><p>If I had that much money, I won&#039;t care about gas prices or how much fuel my cars will drink, so I won&#039;t need such a car.</p>
<p>Go market with it, wonder got enough space for your groceries or not?.....lol</p>
<p>
If I had that much money, I won&#039;t care about gas prices or how much fuel my cars will drink, so I won&#039;t need such a car.
</p><p>Gotta show the world you care about the environment. Despite the gas guzzling Lambo, Ferrari, Rolls Royce and Hummer you have at home. :biggrin:</p>
<p>
Go market with it, wonder got enough space for your groceries or not?.....lol
</p><p>I just need to make sure the maid brings along the Mercedes GLE 450 AMG too</p>
<p>
Gotta show the world you care about the environment. Despite the gas guzzling Lambo, Ferrari, Rolls Royce and Hummer you have at home. :biggrin:
</p><p><br /></p><p>Naah don&#039;t care much about the environment so I&#039;m not going to pretend I do.</p>
<p>
Gotta show the world you care about the environment. Despite the gas guzzling Lambo, Ferrari, Rolls Royce and Hummer you have at home. :biggrin:
</p><p>Not to mention d*mn cheap road tax against those monsters.............lol</p>
V