News

Honda Malaysia: Buy New Civic-R and win a trip to Japanese F1 GP Suzuka

Honda Malaysia’s just announced a campaign aimed at rewarding customers who purchase and register their All-New Civic Type R between April 2018 and June 2018 where they will stand a chance to win an exclusive trip worth up to RM30,000 to Japan to experience the iconic 2018 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka Circuit in October.

Campaign Details

• The ‘Sprint to the Suzuka Circuit’ campaign will take place over a period of 3 months, from April 2018 to June 2018.
  • Customers who purchase and register an All-New Civic Type R during the campaign period will need to fill up a form and answer 2 short questions at any of Honda’s 20 Sport Dealers* to be in the running to win the exclusive trip to Japan.
  • 10 exclusive winners will be selected based on the creativity of their answers to the 2 short questions.
  • The 10 exclusive winners will each receive 2 Business Class flight tickets, 2 tickets to watch the 2018 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix, 5 days 4 nights of accommodation in Japan and 2 official Honda merchandise, all worth up to RM30,000.
  • Customers can visit any of Honda’s 20 Sport Dealers* to place a booking for the All-New Civic Type R during the exclusive ‘Sprint to the Suzuka Circuit’ campaign to be in the running for the trip to Japan.
  • For more information call Honda at 1-800-88-2020 or visit www.honda.com.my

2018 Civic Type-R In Depth Detail & First Impressions

2018 HONDA CIVIC TYPE R (FK8R) SPECIFICATIONS

Engine: 2L Turbo 4 cylinder
Power: 310hp
Torque: 400nm
Zerotohundred: 5.7 seconds
Top Speed: 272km/h
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Weight: 1,380kg
Price: RM320K

яндекс

Z
He presses and then he releases - Specifically entrusted with publishing auto news, Zerogram is much like The Stig from Top Gear. He says nothing, lis...
<p>To be honest, for those who can fork out RM320k to buy this Civic Type R, he or she can afford a trip to Japan anytime that they want. In a way, this contest is just giving more to those who don&#039;t really need more instead of giving it to those who will really appreciate it but can&#039;t afford it.</p>
<p>
To be honest, for those who can fork out RM320k to buy this Civic Type R, he or she can afford a trip to Japan anytime that they want. In a way, this contest is just giving more to those who don&#039;t really need more instead of giving it to those who will really appreciate it but can&#039;t afford it.
</p><p><br /></p><p>In a way, you can look at it as an encouragement to existing potential buyers to make the move to bite the bullet</p>
<p>Getting to drive a Civic Type R on the Suzuka track with the test driver during the CTR development phase would have been a more suitable prize.</p><p><br /></p><p>Because people who buy the CTR is hardcore anyway. A guy with RM320k to spend, who is NOT hardcore, would buy a Nissan GTR for its flappy pedals, or a Golf R, or even a Mercedes A45. </p><p><br /></p><p>Manual is really for the dedicated these days.</p>
<p>
In a way, you can look at it as an encouragement to existing potential buyers to make the move to bite the bullet
</p><p><br /></p><p>To stir up sales. But to encourage such owners, I think 30k worth of performance enhancing parts might even be more effective. :biggrin:</p>
<p>
To stir up sales. But to encourage such owners, I think 30k worth of performance enhancing parts might even be more effective. :biggrin:
</p><p>That depends too, all in the marketing. Anyway, trips have been the norm for prizes in many many industries......lol</p>
<p>
To stir up sales. But to encourage such owners, I think 30k worth of performance enhancing parts might even be more effective. :biggrin:
</p><p><br /></p><p>How about parts that money can&#039;t buy? That would stir up sales.. a race team only rear wing... not for public sale.... yup, that would make the hardcore snap up the car even faster.</p><p><br /></p><p>And considering the CTR is different from normal Civic, no risk of it getting stolen by Civic who wanna convert to Tipu-R</p>
<p>
Getting to drive a Civic Type R on the Suzuka track with the test driver during the CTR development phase would have been a more suitable prize.</p><p><br /></p><p>Because people who buy the CTR is hardcore anyway. A guy with RM320k to spend, who is NOT hardcore, would buy a Nissan GTR for its flappy pedals, or a Golf R, or even a Mercedes A45.</p><p><br /></p><p>Manual is really for the dedicated these days.
</p><p><br /></p><p>Now that sounds like a better angle. </p><p>To learn how to fully wring the Civic R is tons better than just making a visit to Suzuka and like you said, these hardcore guys would surely appreciate the added skill that&#039;ll last a lifetime.</p><p><br /></p><p>Suzuka would be awesome but Sepang will do just fine</p><p><br /></p><p>
</p><p><br /></p><p>Or a year&#039;s worth of trackday could drive a better campaign and potentially generate more revenue via maintenence</p>
<p>
</p><p><br /></p><p>Or a year&#039;s worth of trackday could drive a better campaign and potentially generate more revenue via maintenence
</p><p>Pass this to Honda marketing team......lol</p>
<p>People still watch F1?</p><p>What is there to watch and be amused?</p><p><br /></p><p>They should make a &#039;Buy a Honda Cub and watch Moto GP for free at circuit of your choice&#039;.</p>
<p>
Pass this to Honda marketing team......lol
</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>can hint them I think, let&#039;s see</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>
People still watch F1? What is there to watch and be amused? They should make a &#039;Buy a Honda Cub and watch Moto GP for free at circuit of your choice&#039;.
</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Buy a Honda Cub and win Civic Type R will be nice too</p>
<p>
</p><p>Buy a Honda Cub and win Civic Type R will be nice too
</p><p>That will be good for the bike division......hhahhahahhaha</p><p><br /></p><p>Buy Civic type R get Honda Cub can?.....lol</p>
<p>
That will be good for the bike division......hhahhahahhaha</p><p><br /></p><p>Buy Civic type R get Honda Cub can?.....lol
</p><p><br /></p><p>definitely, there should be enough margin to do that, although Civic-R owner may not necessarily know how to ride a bike</p>
<p>
definitely, there should be enough margin to do that, although Civic-R owner may not necessarily know how to ride a bike
</p><p>Ride bike go to neighborhood store buy small item, no need find parking.....lol</p><p><br /></p><p>True also, if fact many nowadays just go for driving license no more bike license.....</p>
<p>
Ride bike go to neighborhood store buy small item, no need find parking.....lol</p><p><br /></p><p>True also, if fact many nowadays just go for driving license no more bike license.....
</p><p><br /></p><p>I am imagining a matching Cub in Championship White :pepsi:</p>
<p>
How about parts that money can&#039;t buy? That would stir up sales.. a race team only rear wing... not for public sale.... yup, that would make the hardcore snap up the car even faster.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>And considering the CTR is different from normal Civic, no risk of it getting stolen by Civic who wanna convert to Tipu-R
</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I highly agree on this. Some exclusive Mugen or Modulo parts would be a good attraction. </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Well, for now the FK8&#039;s body style is exclusive over here unless Honda Malaysia decides to bring in the normal Civic hatchback for sale.</p>
<p>Surely a great fun car to drive but the horrendous rice boyish style just turns me off completely. A45 anytime any day over this.</p>
<p>Different age market loh.....</p>
<p>
Different age market loh.....
</p><p><br /></p><p>Hahaha yeah, I guess I&#039;m too old already for that!</p>
<p>
Hahaha yeah, I guess I&#039;m too old already for that!
</p><p>You already answered your choice, so you know your category......hhahahhahahah</p>
<p>
Surely a great fun car to drive but the horrendous rice boyish style just turns me off completely. A45 anytime any day over this.
</p><p><br /></p><p>beauty lies in the eye of the beholder</p><p>I&#039;m on the other side of the fence actually, and I quite fancy the look of the new R to be honest</p><p>I think Honda did great by pushing the envelope to make this radical design a reality</p>
<p>
beauty lies in the eye of the beholder</p><p>I&#039;m on the other side of the fence actually, and I quite fancy the look of the new R to be honest</p><p>I think Honda did great by pushing the envelope to make this radical design a reality
</p><p><br /></p><p>This I agree. I personally don&#039;t like the styling of this CTR, I like the FD2R. BUT if i were to buy the FD2R i wouldn&#039;t be too happy with all the Tipu-R running around. </p><p><br /></p><p>The styling is bold and fresh, and something radically different. This is a toy, and for a toy, you wan&#039;t something out of this world and not conform to the norm. </p><p><br /></p><p>The current Impreza STI, you can remove the Subaru logo in the front, put on a Toyota or Mitsubishi badge and nobody would bat an eyelid. I find the V7 bug eye more iconic than the current one, tho the current one looks more &quot;mass market&quot;. Not saying its ugly but nothing special.</p>
<p>Well to me it just has too many fake holes and stuff, just way too busy design. Maybe what you guys call &quot;Ah Beng&quot; styling? :lol: I&#039;m ok with different aggressive styling but to me this just went way overboard.&nbsp; I guess like what bro VR2 has indicated, I may have passed the age group for that kind of stuff. :lol:</p>
<p>
Well to me it just has too many fake holes and stuff, just way too busy design. Maybe what you guys call &quot;Ah Beng&quot; styling? :lol: I&#039;m ok with different aggressive styling but to me this just went way overboard.&nbsp; I guess like what bro VR2 has indicated, I may have passed the age group for that kind of stuff. :lol:
</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Hard to say. After you’ve driven it maybe you’ll feel different.</p>
<p>
Hard to say. After you’ve driven it maybe you’ll feel different.
</p><p><br /></p><p>Well as I said I&#039;m sure it&#039;s a great fun car to drive but I really doubt it will change the way I feel about the styling. I very seldom change my mind on those sort of things. There are many great cars that I still never like to see or own no matter what.</p>
<p>
Well as I said I&#039;m sure it&#039;s a great fun car to drive but I really doubt it will change the way I feel about the styling. I very seldom change my mind on those sort of things. There are many great cars that I still never like to see or own no matter what.
</p><p><br /></p><p>The reason why I say you feel different driving it... is because from the INSIDE you won’t see it’s styling. LOL</p>
<p>
The reason why I say you feel different driving it... is because from the INSIDE you won’t see it’s styling. LOL
</p><p>Pass age group but still young at heart......lol</p>
<p>
The reason why I say you feel different driving it... is because from the INSIDE you won’t see it’s styling. LOL
</p><p><br /></p><p>Hahaha well yeah but I&#039;d already see it from the outside first before getting into the car and since I already see it as ugly, that thought will never disappear. Exterior look is very important criteria for me when buying a car coz I&#039;d have to see it everyday. If it&#039;s a sore to my eyes then that&#039;s it, no chance no matter how good the car is. It needs to have the best balance between performance and looks, and I&#039;m willing to compromise a bit on the performance rather than taking a car which is the best performing but too ugly to see.</p>