New Proton Inspira now available for booking!

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
A govt MP was quoted saying "Proton going backwards....This is very embarrassing for the country." in a local newspaper today. Good on you bro~!! :D

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
first of all, malaysians really wont mind driving a rebadge car would they? i mean ppl put beamer badge on waja ... thats rebadging right... ??
that's a 'malaysian thing' fer sure. convert is somewhat our way of life here! :biggrin:

lotsa ppl buy kancil then spend cash summore convert to mira bodykits, them buy lancer gt oso put evo 10 bodykit. buy skyline GTT convert to GTR bodykit.

but when proton do it y'all bash kao kao. :stupid:

PowerMonster

Known Member
Nov 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
you bashers are tuff bunch to please.

now go buy a lexus or something. :burnout:

They are ingrates and cant afford a Lexus nor even the Inspira - but like to be dogs barking up a tree they cant climb - just blinded by senseless herd mentality

EVERY SINGLE PERODUA on the road is a rebadge, all PERODUA does is assembly and yet gets National Car status - so why not Proton ?

PERODUA quality is no better. I own one. Everything falls apart and rattles after 8 months - and why no PERODUA bashing ?

Take a great man/company to admit past mistakes - and thats what Proton is doing

Proton should rebadge more !! A rebadge PERSONA is coming soon too in today's news

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
that's a 'malaysian thing' fer sure. convert is somewhat our way of life here! :biggrin:

lotsa ppl buy kancil then spend cash summore convert to mira bodykits, them buy lancer gt oso put evo 10 bodykit. buy skyline GTT convert to GTR bodykit.

but when proton do it y'all bash kao kao. :stupid:
IMHO, they are already doing well with the last few models which obviously make this a step backwards. If they love the Lancer so much, at least build something of our own -- maybe proton engine + lancer chassis or mitsu engine + proton chassis. That way, at least there will be some R&D by Proton which could be used for future models.

I don't hate proton or anything but sometimes the choices they make confuse me.

Ratbit

Known Member
Feb 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
...errr..i wonder how the waja campro cps owner feel right now, especially those which had buy their car early this year...

Niemans1116

Known Member
Jul 1, 2010
SinCity
Let's have an impartial review on this car before we start to bash it up with negative comments. Perhaps Keshy or Dinesh would like to volunteer? Writing it is like threading a mine field though..giving a too good or a bad review...either way displeases both camps of suporters...:biggrin::biggrin:

Cheerz

Amhar Haron

From Facebook
Oct 19, 2010
www.facebook.com
You are damm right. Nowadays every company will try to cut cost by rebadging. As long as we can get a good product with a cheaper cost, who cares.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

I agree with you 100 persen.

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
I'm not too sure about to previous few models doing too well, I don't have the numbers so I can't comment.. What I have is the presence of these cars on the road. Understand that a manufacturer cannot survive by just enough numbers, they need a lot, wira was a very successful model, the numbers sold ensured survival and growth. Thats vital to make back for the investment spent on the toolings. As a user we want vehicle to be cheap, good, no problem...and all that so it's not easy for a local company to enjoy success by it's own without help. Not like proton is not trying, but locals just don't give them room for error. The GTR suffered gearbox failure in the first 2 revision by the launch control and yet people forgive them, proton just have to screw up on the power window and they're blamed for not doing
their job. Let proton grow by giving constructive comments, bashes will only demoralize them, givie some and take some. The world works better that way. My opinion

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
Btw cant they rebadge the new Lotus Elan to proton for half the price so I can rebadge it to Lotus again??? At least we malaysian can enjoy somewhat the pride of our country without forking out too much. I would support Proton 100% if they do it... yummmm..

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Lotus Elan to Proton TuLan

bubblebee

Known Member
Dec 14, 2007
still hot haa???:driver:
leave it to proton lor....
as bung mokthar said ' PROTON SHOULD CLOSE SHOP AFTER 25YRS STILL REBADGING & COPYING!'
shame on you proton! its not trully MADE IN MALAYSIA anyway.
the point we discuss is about rebadging & the quality of the proton & the quality we paid,
it doesnt match, for cheap plastic interior car wont be more than 50k.

Last edited:

willyace

Known Member
Oct 18, 2007
Btw cant they rebadge the new Lotus Elan to proton for half the price so I can rebadge it to Lotus again??? At least we malaysian can enjoy somewhat the pride of our country without forking out too much. I would support Proton 100% if they do it... yummmm..

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Lotus Elan to Proton TuLan
ya la... rebadge la lotus... seen they always put lotus handling in proton cars now...

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Proton going backwards.....25 years,but still need to copy paste to survive for local automotive market industries...For first model should be OK coz still 80% Japan parts, But We will see,after 65% local vendor provide the parts for this model,quality will be lesser and embarassing...

Ahmad Afif

From Facebook
Oct 19, 2010
www.facebook.com
it's not that it's wrong for proton to rebadge , perodua does it coz they claim themselves as a car assembler company . Proton in the other hand , claim that they are the nations CAR MAKER , and rave about kereta BUATAN MALAYSIA alot . i think that is why most people fire proton when they come up with a new car that is a ripoff from other makes , and the price is no cheaper than a Lancer GT without tax...

my sikit sen saja k? sharing thoughts :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi anyone still owning wira c99 here ? Still stock ? How to fix rust and roof bubble rust issues.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience