who the best tuner for apexi power fc

rainbow

Known Member
Mar 9, 2009
[/COLOR]

hmm...i think just the no.6 tune by him. actually i am very confusing on choose tuner.

Rainbow,
Why dun you get a tuner in from Japan and all yours problems will be solved already!:hmmmm:[/QUOTE]

now just seriously understand the meaning of What you pay, what you get. LOL!!!:adore:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Yes. I have some experience with them.

nobody mention about trial tuning at sungai besi...
got any experience tune power fc there???

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Some people have good experience but I did not.

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
... MSZ Tune is more into HALTECH - MOTEC - MICROTEC ... and i heard that they are in the midst of finetuning silvertop equipped with HALTECH 1000 ... hehehe

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Actually I withdraw my statement regarding Trial because I didn't end up going there not because of the tuning but what an employee did. I was referred to William by a credible source and based on my discussion with him, I have absolutely no doubt that he is capable of delivering what he believes is possible given my mods, ECU and rest of setup. Basically, he knows what he's talking about.

But I guess different tuners have different approaches. Some are conservative while some tune for high HP. But sometimes customers want to have high HP, pushing everything to the maximum. Some would like to have the comfort of knowing that they are producing power well within the limits of their supporting mods.

Importing Japanese tuners isn't something new; even in Malaysia. My friend used to have Koyama tune his car and a few friends but this was in HK. But one thing about some Jap tuners is their approach to road tuning especially at high/top speed. Because road tuning in Malaysia I believe improves the overall driveability but how many are going to tune at very high speeds?

And whoever says that 'dynos go up to xxx km/h' consider the fact that just the amount of air flowing at top speed alone cannot be replicated on a dyno.

Last edited:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
in terms of price, are there any difference if im using PFC or F-con for tuning?

JK
Apparently tuning for F-con will cost double if not triple the tuning for PFC.

Still, F-con is a better ECU.

(In my humble opinion, tuner is more important than ECU). :hmmmm:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
in terms of price, are there any difference if im using PFC or F-con for tuning?

JK
Which F-Con? V-Pro then certainly. The map has a higher resolution than the PFC. Are you talking from scratch or just fine tuning though? Also, not everyone can tune F-Con but pretty much any tuner even yourself can tune the PFC.

Apparently tuning for F-con will cost double if not triple the tuning for PFC.

Still, F-con is a better ECU.

(In my humble opinion, tuner is more important than ECU). :hmmmm:
The price to install a V-Pro with all the goodies including tuning was nearly double what a DJetro cost but this was awhile back. F-Con is definitely a far better ECU than PFC. Depends on what you are willing to spend; because at the same time I asked about a Motec and that was more than double of what the V-Pro costs so its all up to you.

It's important that your tuner has experience with the ECU you want to use. There are two ways going about it; first is to go to someone who specializes in a certain ECU therefore knows it inside out but you guys might not speak the same language as a tuner must understand what the customer wants and whether he can deliver based on what the mods are etc. Sometimes we expect what's not possible.

The other option is to go to the same tuner you have used all this while and discuss because he would have an idea of what ECU would not only meet your demands but is also an ECU he has tuned hundreds of times.

CP9A020

Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Just to share my own experience. Got my evo 6 power FC tuned at GT Auto. I think they did a good job I did the tune 4 months ago and my car is running great. Cost about 800 for dyno + tune for about 6 hours I like the results and think it was worth it. Would definately send it there again if I had to retune.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everybody,

Need help.. my car is overheating it's a wira 1.5 carburated engine. Did an overhaul (Full) after white smoke started coming out. Just did it about a week ago. My mechanic says it's the motor oil type I should change from 10sae to a 20 sae or something like that. Everything is fine for about 20 to 30 mins but after that the temperature rises gradually to almost the red line. I've tried flushing the radiator, changing the termostat, changing the hoses, changing the fan but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience