FreakedOut

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if you're an Islam, put an al quran inside your car.....if christian, bible....or your own religions...at least better than nothing....i put yasin in my car....touch wood, so far nothing happened........

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Remind me of a Porsche Cayenne GTS by royalty kena hijacked during Puspakom inspection

i think no one want to take it also
somemore if strip the car,
porsche part not easy to dispose as well

heterodyne

Known Member
Jul 2, 2007
i think not much ppl wanna steal a skyline locally, not unless the stolen car have a comfirmed buyer in saudi arabia.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
BNR...car thieves go for paths of least resistance....put as many barriers as u can and they will almost always go for the other car...unless the other car is a tank then i kenot help u aredy la hahhhaah

but the thing is, if a thief aredy target yr car....theres really nothing much u can do other than slow him down then track him down. it's their profession and they're blardy good at it. somebody here is selling that gps tracker...i think it's quite nifty. hide it somewhere really really hard to find and hope they dun bring yr car off in a metal shielded truck(cos gps cant go thru thick material).

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Sorry to dig-up an old thread but like BNR, I was bored so I was reading the Crimes section and I thought we could discuss this issue further. There was some useful information but there was also a fair amount of ridiculous ideas. One guy suggested wiring the car in such a way that whoever touches the car would get an electric shock. To be honest, the thought crossed my mind and I even discussed this with Peter at CV Audio. Entirely possible but what if a curious kid happened to touch your car?

Another option I considered was to have a removable steering wheel especially if you're going to leave the car for long periods. But then where do you find the boss kit? Hicas boss kits are easy enough but do they even have quick release ones?

kasi jampi itu kereta, so thieves won't touch it..lol..kl and johor really full car thieves..capalang cars can go missing..no wonder u all so worry la..can i ask a noob question here?..does a 10k worth of alarm system helps to deter thieves?..just wondering..
I spoke to a few car thieves and in general, the longer it takes/harder it is to steal a car; the more likely it is that they will move on. This is for the types of cars that they regularly steal due to demand. Used to be Wish, then Hilux, etc. We're not talking about cars that are specifically targeted, but those that fall into the category of crime of opportunity. So short answer is yes definitely a deterrent but not impossible.

PS: What kind of security alarm is good at Malaysia currently?
I've decided to paste Tom's question here since he kacau the other thread - only Perlis people would do such a thing :biggrin: When I did my alarm system, I asked Peter frankly how many of his customer's cars were stolen and if I remember correctly (this was awhile ago) it was less than 5 but they were recovered further down the road.

Firstly, the installation is very well done. Secondly, it's not a cheap RM700 alarm that you see advertised everywhere, multiply that by about 10 and you'd be close I think. How it works, what it does etc is best kept between you and your installer. The third reason is the use of additional modules/functions. There are also many other little things. Even having different keys for the boot and the doors is worth doing - luckily our cars come that way.

Security tint helps; slows thieves down. Especially if your alarm is so sensitive that it goes off when people lean against it, smashing repeatedly will surely trigger it. Helps if the car informs you that the alarm has been triggered as well. I hear people say that if the car is parked in a basement then the GSM device won't work. I totally disagree because when I lived in a condo, my carpark spot was in basement 3 and it still worked.

One thing that caught my attention were posts stating that thieves now have devices to jam any GSM tracking devices. I know these things exist but how about GPS? Those use satellites don't they? How does someone block such a signal? I think I might find out more from Peter on the validity of these statements.

Finally, I'm curious to know what the current methods are. Stealing cars in public places or from homes is a normal occurrence but what about car-jacking? Which of the two techniques is more popular now? I believe any car regardless of the level of security is most vulnerable in a carjacking situation. Not only is the owner in danger but the car is most likely to be driven off successfully.

I have heard of cases of this method backfiring though, because the majority of them although armed with their parangs are caught off guard because their target so happens to be carrying a licensed firearm. Of course, even if a car thief does have a gun himself does not mean he's any good. Legally, even if the car thief dies its very likely that you will go free because there is a legal precedent about 5-7 years back a lawyer shot dead another man in Bangsar and he was acquitted as it was self defense. Anyways, that's an extreme example since not everyone is licensed to carry a firearm and even if they were it's a hassle really because it's meant to be concealed at all times.

Coming back to the original topic, when performance cars like ours are stolen where are they usually headed for? I know that cars like Alphards (a Deputy Minister's was stolen recently in Damansara Perdana) etc usually go overseas in one piece; is this the same for Evos, Subarus and Skylines? The guys I spoke to usually go after Alphards, Harriers, Hilux, etc but have yet to speak to one that steals Evos, Subarus, Skylines etc. Do they strip the car locally? Or is the car meant for specific order in which case they would drive across the border/ship in container?

Like BNR, I found the threads there disturbing because thieves seem to be upgrading their technology. If they strip the car, then obviously your tracking device will be found. If they drive it across the border either north or south then at least you have more time to get customs to stop every single Evo/Subaru/Skyline or whatever car you have had stolen regardless of whether the number plate matches or even color matches.

So who worries constantly about their car and what other approaches have you guys taken to secure it - do not post details of alarm etc but other things such as not driving at night or never leaving your car with the valet etc.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Very relevant discussion...thanks Pimpin...

Unfortunately the risk comes with owning a high value car, probably less for VERY high value cars like high-spec continentals or exotics since the car thieves are looking for the least resistance to cashing in their stolen goods.

From listening to the word on the street several years ago, the popular targets seem to be Honda eg. CRVs, Evos (big market for parts), national cars (of course), pick-up trucks - I'm sure it's evolved now to include the newer model cars eg. Alphards, Hiluxes, Caldinas etc...

Unfortunately Skylines have also been targets - Russ Westwood's BNR34 and that black ECR34 that made the headlines after being hijacked (still, can't help thinking the owner was somewhat dodgy).

My humble opinion is that thieves are always looking for the easiest way to do it - ie. its a crime of opportunity. Where you park is the best protection against crime I feel. Fortunately hijacking is quite a rare occurrence in Malaysia, still a possibility though. Especially if you own a well-known car.

I was most secure driving my worthless beat-up old Skoda, all around UK I didn't even need to lock it. In Malaysia I did the same with an Iswara. However, saying that, my only car that was stolen was a 1987 Ford Orion that a friend gave to me for free. Maybe it was just too easy to steal and go for joyrides.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Unfortunately Skylines have also been targets - Russ Westwood's BNR34 and that black ECR34 that made the headlines after being hijacked (still, can't help thinking the owner was somewhat dodgy).
Yes, what happened to Russ was definitely something that was planned for sometime. I don't know much about the black 34. Is this the one that resulted in a car chase? Plates 212 or something? What makes you say the owner was dodgy. I'm a fairly dodgy character myself; I've done my share of peeing on people's toothbrushes and in their shampoo bottles.

So what's the story?

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
[PIMPIN];4499424 said:
Yes, what happened to Russ was definitely something that was planned for sometime. I don't know much about the black 34. Is this the one that resulted in a car chase? Plates 212 or something? What makes you say the owner was dodgy. I'm a fairly dodgy character myself; I've done my share of peeing on people's toothbrushes and in their shampoo bottles.

So what's the story?
Well, dodgy by virtue of driving black R34 LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I've met the owner of the 212 car IIRC, really nice bayside blue R34 running a lot of tuning parts... he told me he doesn't really run with the other skylines, more with his own mates...mostly evos in that group I think.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Well, dodgy by virtue of driving black R34 LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I've met the owner of the 212 car IIRC, really nice bayside blue R34 running a lot of tuning parts... he told me he doesn't really run with the other skylines, more with his own mates...mostly evos in that group I think.
You're equally dodgy. No Malaysian is born that tall. Any giraffes in the family?

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
A story from friend

when he want to go inside his car ( hilux )
2 fella come from behind. one parang at your neck
then one fella take his key
start the

then the another fella bring my friend to sit inside another car. waiting saja
another fella inside the car.. parang still pointed to him

after 45min. got one call. then friend released him

Friend make police report
police say he lucky due since got some fella car was hijacked but build in immobiliser inside wallet
kena whack after the car stalled.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
[PIMPIN];4500310 said:
You're equally dodgy. No Malaysian is born that tall. Any giraffes in the family?
Hey I'm not that tall... just about average in Western Europe. Plus I know many more Malaysians taller than me.

Oh well, no decent person would drive a Skyline anyway...:biggrin::driver:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
A story from friend

when he want to go inside his car ( hilux )
2 fella come from behind. one parang at your neck
then one fella take his key
start the

then the another fella bring my friend to sit inside another car. waiting saja
another fella inside the car.. parang still pointed to him

after 45min. got one call. then friend released him

Friend make police report
police say he lucky due since got some fella car was hijacked but build in immobiliser inside wallet
kena whack after the car stalled.
Actually I wouldn't mind if someone took my Hilux, preferably when I park it somewhere with the driver's door open and the keys in the ignition and a full tank of petrol. Yes, that is my opinion of this beloved car.

In all seriousness, just give the car lah, no point fighting or resisting. But as I said, it seems that carjacking is when we're most vulnerable.

Hey I'm not that tall... just about average in Western Europe. Plus I know many more Malaysians taller than me.

Oh well, no decent person would drive a Skyline anyway...:biggrin::driver:
Of course bro. All Skyline owners are born at high boost. Suddenly wastegate open and the baby pops out, nurse waiting down the hall to catch. Then the need for speed never goes away unfortunately.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
pimpin
it not about fighting for the car
it just the robber want to make sure the car never stalled half way
so another crime partner waiting next to you till the car is consider safe for them
they also want you not able to call those tracking system company as well
then only release you
if halfway stalled, i think you might kena slashed..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody knows what is proton 1.8 radiator capacity? 5l, 6l?
i want to change the coolant to Caltex extended life.. it is sold in 0.5l per bottle.. 50%-50% mixture.. so i need to know how many bottles do i need
and how much per bottle anyway? caltex stations are selling RM16.50 each :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience