Modifications That Dont Work

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i think my company is blocking the e-doc. cant view it. anybody have a copy in pdf?

i also have always thought that a bigger spark = better combustion since a bigger spark can ignite a bigger initial globe of gas which improves complete ignition...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
so the truth is intensity of spark is more important?the larger the spark means more time to arc which messes up timing rite?

dabok max7

Known Member
Sep 11, 2010
Johor
"people simply says, people simply believe"... thats the world... hahahaha....
you can say that again. (sometime I also terpengaruh juga) hehheeheh.. if not how can others cari makan maa....heheheh..:biggrin:
the book title is engineering fundamentals of the Internal combustion engine second edition, the writer is Willard W. Pulkrabek...
the intense the spark create less time to fully combusted or less time flame propagation..meaning fast burning...

Last edited:

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
you can say that again. (sometime I also terpengaruh juga) hehheeheh.. if not how can others cari makan maa....heheheh..:biggrin:
the book title is engineering fundamentals of the Internal combustion engine second edition, the writer is Willard W. Pulkrabek...
So conclusion is plug cables do not work (works but don't give gain) what bout racing plugs or iradium? Do they offer significant gain?

dabok max7

Known Member
Sep 11, 2010
Johor
So conclusion is plug cables do not work (works but don't give gain) what bout racing plugs or iradium? Do they offer significant gain?
I don't say it do not work... for me the cable contribute to less resistant current flow meaning give stable high voltage current (it's like flow in side the pipe the bigger the pipe is the easier the flow is) and cable plug materials also play major roles in current flow (if i not mistaken gold is the best material for the current flow because it give the less resistant compared to other materials).. sometime even the cable plug have larger in diameters it doesn't means it will give less resistant because it is depend on materials they used inside the core... and it really needed when the engine at high rev.. because current flow relate to time and at high rev required shorter time combustion.. about the marketing.. well sometimes branded item also doesn't work but because of it's marketing many people believe it work, that's all..
as for spark plug... not so sure... because my knowledge less on that (to lazy la heheheh) but I do believe it relate to the flame propagation and how long the spark plug will last..but i think if u refer to book that i share, it also mention about the spark plug function if I not mistaken la...

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Rakyat...this is what i just read up....

http://www0.epinions.com/auto-review-5C01-866C2FD-397CF16A-prod1

quite a many sifus here would vouch that changing frequently with cheap plugs are better than buying "performance" plugs...
wah rugi la MSD and other company if this the truth... hahahahaha...good info bro...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
the intense the spark create less time to fully combusted or less time flame propagation..meaning fast burning...
hahaha...:biggrin:
not saying everything is right or wrong, but sometime, i just wan the right 1, but not from those "My foreman/mech said...bla bla bla...1.."....
thanks for so many info bro... really appreciated...

1 thing, confirm not working is, "ur car not ready"...eheheheheheee...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
less cable resistance doesnt lead into voltage stability sir, or am i missing the point here?

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

About my belief in this matter is based on my knowledge of this book ref.. this book tells U about the combustion relation in the Internal combustion Engine... and good info about basic fundamental in internal combustion engine.... conventional belief? I don't know how to answer that la..:hmmmm:

please start from the page 229 of this book..
iam sorry, i cant wait for it to load sir. when was this book published? if u think its a good read, then i dont have to explain anything about the cable plugs anymore dah.

well, conventional belief are what most people are discussing here sir, they are spread by the marketeers fyi

dabok max7

Known Member
Sep 11, 2010
Johor
less cable resistance doesnt lead into voltage stability sir, or am i missing the point here?

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

iam sorry, i cant wait for it to load sir. when was this book published? if u think its a good read, then i dont have to explain anything about the cable plugs anymore dah.

well, conventional belief are what most people are discussing here sir, they are spread by the marketeers fyi
Well regarding the books... It is a engineering books...if I not mistaken around 199X i don't remember exactly and they have third edition based on this book and add some more new technology and its engineering analysis but I cannot find it in scribd (much current one i think 2005 something like that)... most off the fundamental knowledge I get from this, even this book being used as a ref. book I used in my previous study..most of the fact comes from analytical method analysis and some from experimental analysis...and it's world wide engineering eqn. acceptance... so basically I'm using this book as my first ref. regarding engine and it's engineering analytical...but still lack on electrical stuff because mostly focus on mechanical engineering..

about the cable things.. care to explain more why u said it will not lead to stable voltage with less resistant cable? because my knowledge on this electrical things quite low (almost to none heheheh) but still if u only said because the dyno run doesn't show increment in h.p it seem like it can be debate the validity of the result unless U mention it being run on engine dyno with inside control environment room...or u run a test in the test rig with high speed camera to see the different of the spark for different type of cable...hope u can explain in engineering ways....or post a quick link regarding the analysis of it...

It is not because i don't believe U but it seem my knowledge or my understanding in this matter have different opinion from ur statement and it is very dangerous for me as a engineering student to have it (if i'm wrong and also to lazy some more to do research on my own heheheehh)...
really hope u can explain more and really appreciate it...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
its a good reference then.. thanx for posting it up

about the cable things.. care to explain more why u said it will not lead to stable voltage with less resistant cable? because my knowledge on this electrical things quite low (almost to none heheheh) but still if u only said because the dyno run doesn't show increment in h.p it seem like it can be debate the validity of the result unless U mention it being run on engine dyno with inside control environment room...or u run a test in the test rig with high speed camera to see the different of the spark for different type of cable...hope u can explain in engineering ways....or post a quick link regarding the analysis of it...
the main question shud be dis sir, are the oem plugs really dat bad compared to the aftermarket dat it produces substantial amount of interference to render the output voltage unstable? at least i dont think so..

as for the test, weve tested and already got the results, conclusion was done based on dat test. the test was done in the real world scenario, i dont think there is anything better, do you? u rnt the only who studies in a uni here sir, ive done tests / experiments in labs / workshops, and found out they can only be used as a reference and most cant be applied in real life, because too many assumptions are made to perform the tests, whats ur opinion on dat subject matter sir?

not all here are engineers, i dont wanna make things difficult by explaining in too many technical terms. i can use the jargons we use in electrical / electronics engineering, but iam not here to explain to u alone, i hope u understand sir. iam explaining / citing my own experiences, i dont have any link for dat..

i think we shud be moving on to another useless mods, anyone? i remember sumone posted about fancy plugs?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
U-grooved/mulitple electrode spark plugs...making larger sparks which in turn creates better combustion. myth or fact?

we pay rm40 for a set of 4 normal NGK and rm160+ for a set of denso iridiums. marketing strategy? is the 4X price justified?

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
U-grooved/mulitple electrode spark plugs...making larger sparks which in turn creates better combustion. myth or fact?

we pay rm40 for a set of 4 normal NGK and rm160+ for a set of denso iridiums. marketing strategy? is the 4X price justified?
I got my denso iridiums FOC from my agent (oso owns sparepart shop) & it is already 60k km still running strong. Previously my spitfire / borsch super 4 would last only 40k to 50k km.

IMO iridium plugs are longer lasting then normal plugs but r they worth paying RM160+? If u r using premium plugs then it is worthwhile adding RM10 to RM30 bucks for iridiums. But if using conventional plugs then the price difference is not worth it. When my iridiums kong, probably go back to conventional plug since there is not much difference in performance

But these days accessory shop recommend racing plugs (Brisk, HKS) which are RM250 to RM3++. Some boy ricer swear there is noticable increase in torque and hp.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
one school of thought says that the multiple electrode part of the sparkies will 'disrupt' the flame kernel expansion, hence why some people actually bother to index their single-electrode sparkies so the open gap will face the center of the cylinder, supposedly better for combustion

denso iridiums didnt work for me :P didnt last long enough, the other time the insulator broke...which could be due to other things also lah hehehe

i say stick to fresh new shiny cheap @$$ coppers :P

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
from what ive experienced, the price isnt justified at all.. i modified a set of plugs and they performed better, and lasts longer then a set of iridium. from my findings, its better to let the flame kernel to be able to expand rather then compressing them in a tight spot between the two electrodes, so a grooved electrode sounds like a good idea. dats one of the reason y i prefer ngk compared to denso (although i seriously think they have the same parent company..). i dont think multiple electrode is needed though, as electricity will only choose a path with the least resistance to flow through, i dont think the plugs will fire through all the electrodes at the same, taking dat principle into account. multiple electrodes design allow the flame kernel to be able to expand freely though, maybe dats what they shud be marketing on.. i dunno..

iam still trying to duplicate the infamous firestorm plugs, it emits sumthing like a plasma blast, iam yet to prove of its effectiveness..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys
anyone using these PU foams in the car??..
i am just wondering how many brands are there out there?..whats the different between the expensive and cheap one...

heard expensive ca go up to RM600 per car..while some around RM100 ..

anyone have any comment of this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience