Drive a Honda Civic Eg/EK Must Read!

decorn87

500 RPM
Apr 8, 2009
Kota Kinabalu
huhu.. i have faced this problems twice.. huhu.. 2 times my p08 ecu burn because of this same problem.. rm700 gone.... huhu...

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
elo bro hw's bisnes nowadays hehe so far after repaired by taikor e-tech my ecu in perfect condition:biggrin: tanks a lot for this useful thread :adore:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
elo bro hw's bisnes nowadays hehe so far after repaired by taikor e-tech my ecu in perfect condition:biggrin: tanks a lot for this useful thread :adore:
Hi Shah...
Everythings good..will continue to advise/help those with problem.
Glad to hear ur ecu is still good.:proud:

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Forget to mention... did 3-4pcs of P27 ECU... they seems to give more trouble this year...
Troubles mainly- idling with black smoke (like too much fuel)... so if you got a SR4- Local EGs pls take note....tq

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Friendly reminder....
Recently another symptom for P27 is check engine light take long time to go off... some waiting till 30mins then only off....
After off then only can start.....

Last edited:

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Friendly reminder....
Recently another symptom for P27 is check engine light take long time to go off... some waiting till 30mins then only off....
After off then only can start.....
I have this problem. check light wont go off, I cannot hear the fuel pump. I change the fuel filter on the engine bay and problem solved.

What do you call the green stuff you placed on the board of your repaired ecu.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
I have this problem. check light wont go off, I cannot hear the fuel pump. I change the fuel filter on the engine bay and problem solved.

What do you call the green stuff you placed on the board of your repaired ecu.

Green stuff = solder resistant ink.
Can get from PCB supplier like CMKS- JB or buy frm electronic shop.

Rgds,

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
mods...can we put this up as sticky? really useful stuff..i had idling problems n the first thing i checked was my ecu as E-tech thought...

also the green stuff is called solder mask and while u guys doing the DIY, get some IPA or kester(since the boards are non-ROHS) to clean it up before doing yr soldering...try not to touch the PCBA while in an aircon dry room to avoid static or u'll have components failing without any signs.

E-tech...if u need bulk qty of lifted pad repair kits or solder mask just let me know...i give u my contacts to these sort of stuff heheheh

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i think i have some problem here...not always for now..
driving a honda integra DA7 1.6cc fuel injection single cam (ODB1) which engine is D16a1 i guess..
when starting (engine cold) must crank for 1-2 times then only engine can start..
when start fuel light will be on for like 2 sec the off (becomes normal)
idling all ok..
when run for sometimes then stop..try to start back cannot (check ecu like tak jalan)
but after a while then can start back liow...what problem arr?
is it the fuel pump? what about ecu? i try to open and see but manage to open 3 nut only,1 more cannot open,susah somemore corner:bawling:)
does anybody repair or check ecu in KL or klang?

USJ101

Known Member
Aug 1, 2009
Selangor
I know a guy in USJ1 who is doing wiring for Authorized USJ Honda/Subang Jaya Toyota.

He can help u out, but always have a long q.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Sorry tat I cannot help you since we are 2 hours apart...
Get the other screw open and hv a look inside the ecu or take pictures and pot it.
If it looks okay... it could be fuel pump related...and many other possiblities...

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Hi guys, I drive a civic EJ7 year 1997, using D16Y7 non-VTEC engine with manual gearbox. Do U know where the ECU is located? I wanna try to check it tomorrow, see whether got problem or not..

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Thanks E-Tech! I still didn't check the ECU yet, plan to do it as soon as possible bcoz my engine is a bit rough at idle and not very smooth at other RPM range. My temporary solution is to reset the ECU by disconnecting the ground from the battery and put it back after 10 min. However after 1000km the problem came back.. Must be ECU problem I think.. :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

do we really need to flush our car for the frist 20000km???some said it is unneccesary but some said it's a must...also if i'm flushign my trans, how many litre do i need if the manual says it need 7.7L???!?!
anyway what other things should be replaced at the first 20000km service?sparks plugs??
thanks a lot in advanced la sifuss....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience