Buying a GTR.

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
I'm about to renew mine soon....what do u mean by wanted list? As in 'favourite'? Hehehe usually insurance say performance car in high risk category

Last edited:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Yea high risk is politically correct.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
I recall back last time when I bought my Vspec2, the insurance company all refuse to accept this car, lucky at last found one -_- Now I'm thinking next time if i sell my car, will they accept trade-in or not....

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Got my insurance recently when I bought my car.. I was worried that I would have difficulty in insuring the car which is almost 20 years old already.. I figured that even if I managed to get insurance, it may be well below the cost I paid for the car as from what I've seen throughout the years a 32GT-R still retains 80-100k which basically is a seller's market..

But I was pleasantly surprised that the insurance company covered the total cost I paid for the car..

:biggrin:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
yep, depends on the insurance agent.

For r32 gtr its quite easy since its not listed on their database, so they just follow market value and the primary agent will need to endorse.

Mine is insured for exactly the same value as yours, Temujin :biggrin:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
For r32 gtr its quite easy since its not listed on their database, so they just follow market value and the primary agent will need to endorse.

Mine is insured for exactly the same value as yours, Temujin :biggrin:

Yep.. The insurance company did not have any data on our cars hence just follow market value as per purchase..

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
Yep.. The insurance company did not have any data on our cars hence just follow market value as per purchase..

no la bro.. front desk staff sure wont know the exact price for the skyline.. but when accident happen, they will hire adjuster and the price is subject to the latest price..i.e for R33 GTS, the market price in insurance data base only RM 45k..so no matter if you insured 100k, they only will pay at the market price. they also have their own calculation like example, if car above 10 years, you wont get full amount of the repair cost.my brother working at insurance industry that is why i know all about this hehe..if there any insurance issues, please to let me know and ill ask my brother to help..

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
i am looking to insure my 180sx too which insurance expires every soon. Currently im using tokio marine and they dont want to renew my insurance cause they dont cover 20 year old cars (wtf). I tried AXA insurance and they dont cover 180s or even skylines!

Any one know what other insurance companies would cover for a 20 year old nissan?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
sorry to jump in your discussion...

but have u try to check with Uni-Asia????

from my experience their quite friendly about insurance coverage for car >10years old....

(or u can ask any runner with insurance services) :burnout:

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
I bought new business insurance via takaful ikhlas.. no problem at all even my antique mercedes insured under them..renew direct from HQ..i can give you their no if you want..

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
i am looking to insure my 180sx too which insurance expires every soon. Currently im using tokio marine and they dont want to renew my insurance cause they dont cover 20 year old cars (wtf). I tried AXA insurance and they dont cover 180s or even skylines!

Any one know what other insurance companies would cover for a 20 year old nissan?

Did the insurance for my ex-180SX as well as the current R32 GT-R with same agent and with no problems..

If you're interested please PM me back and I could give you the name and number of the agent (my family have been dealing with him and his father before him for all our car insurance issues.. good service :proud:)

grayfox

Sep 5, 2010
Kedah
errr..newbie here...well i oso have same problem here in Kedah, tried to find so may insurance to cover my GTS R33 but no luck..they said more than 15years, high cc, cannot take risk...wallaweh..now using third party..huhuhu

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
sorry to jump in your discussion...

but have u try to check with Uni-Asia????

from my experience their quite friendly about insurance coverage for car >10years old....

(or u can ask any runner with insurance services) :burnout:
My auntie has close ties with Uni Asia and has a close friend working there, and yet, no luck in getting my car insured there

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Basically I think most insurance companies will try to avoid insuring Skylines/GTRs UNLESS the main agent endorses your car....can anyone in the insurance line confirm or correct?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all sifus out there :) ,i need ur help about bushing..from wat i know, theres also a pu bushing..?how much is it,for satria gti?and where can i find it?of coz with installation lah.. :P ..thank you!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience