What do you think of this?Any comment?

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
This is what we call as 'Reliability'... you can tune your car up to 300bhp but if it can't last for a reasonable time, then it's a waste of money...but there are a lot of rich people in this world. Cheers !

I have tried we my car 190kmh all the way kl-ipoh, nothing happens.....haha. but i did same again on another car with a bot engine, after 40 minutes overheat liao....hoohohoh

apeq89

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008
i dont really believe if it still using a stock piston.
even any BOT myvi (i have a lot of friends BOT his myvi) boosting up to 0.7bar with only using ihi rhf4 yrv turbine, using 1mm metal gasket, within 3months the piston block all gone. town driving style, daily ride.
even a with a proper dyno tuning and a sufficient amount of fuel.
if not the block gone, the piston must be crack. experience it twice, 2 different owner. the other one, the piston only last for a week, than it make a huge hole on top, using ar48/47 turbine. 0.5 bar of boost.
i wonder how many metal gasket are u used to withstand 1.1bar of boost using a td05.

btw, its totally nice to see a custom made 4throttle myvi. it is really awesome.gud job for that.

Last edited:

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
i dont really believe if it still using a stock piston.
even any BOT myvi (i have a lot of friends BOT his myvi) boosting up to 0.7bar with only using ihi rhf4 yrv turbine, using 1mm metal gasket, within 3months the piston block all gone. town driving style, daily ride.
even a with a proper dyno tuning and a sufficient amount of fuel.
if not the block gone, the piston must be crack. experience it twice, 2 different owner. the other one, the piston only last for a week, than it make a huge hole on top, using ar48/47 turbine. 0.5 bar of boost.
i wonder how many metal gasket are u used to withstand 1.1bar of boost using a td05.

btw, its totally nice to see a custom made 4throttle myvi. it is really awesome.gud job for that.
thats what the "grind" in the head so important...using stacks of gasket wun do any help

apeq89

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008
all i know by grinding the head will make the compression higher.by doing PNP will make the airflow better. perhaps i m still newbie in this field..keen to know how they grind to make the compression lower..by retarding the ignition timing?but only by how many percent?but it still cant lower the compression and nothing to do with compression.
one thing to be add, how they allocate the TPS sensor?and is it the emanage ultimate can control those 4 throttle?

Last edited:

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
all i know by grinding the head will make the compression higher.by doing PNP will make the airflow better. perhaps i m still newbie in this field..keen to know how they grind to make the compression lower..by retarding the ignition timing?but only by how many percent?but it still cant lower the compression and nothing to do with compression.
one thing to be add, how they allocate the TPS sensor?and is it the emanage ultimate can control those 4 throttle?
the grind is for reducing the compression...as for the 4 throttle i really forget already cause its been almost 2 years this project build...
i can check with my foreman for the 4 throttle control system as for the grind in the head area is strictly confidential...i was told by my foreman not to disclose it...even the owner dunno

apeq89

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008
how true is that?
i dont really care bout the recipe part. but how logically it can make the compression lower.
yrv piston or 2e piston all below 1k price. why dont u just change it and it will be safer.
using stock piston still impossible to me even with 3mm or higher of metal gasket.

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
how true is that?
i dont really care bout the recipe part. but how logically it can make the compression lower.
yrv piston or 2e piston all below 1k price. why dont u just change it and it will be safer.
using stock piston still impossible to me even with 3mm or higher of metal gasket.
i attached pics of the original piston used on this mod...judge it with ur own eyes bro...never been changed

Attachments

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Haha I love to see how many people here say its not possible to run medium compression + turbo :rofl:.

2 years dah lets see how long more its going to last... Love this myvi (Y)

Rally [><]

Known Member
Dec 31, 2003
Peejay
www.myvi.com.my
interesting modification.. Everyone is focused on the engine power.. I am more interested to know how the gearbox gonna transfer all the power to the ground.. mentioned modded gearbox, what kind of a mod? lsd?.. gearing mod? is it auto or manual?..

sharin is carin ;)

apeq89

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008
i attached pics of the original piston used on this mod...judge it with ur own eyes bro...never been changed
thanx for that..now it is clear..it actually grind the piston..not the head..seems the piston already got 'kawah' on the top. thus the compression would be lower. standard myvi piston is flat..compression 10.1..

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
thanx for that..now it is clear..it actually grind the piston..not the head..seems the piston already got 'kawah' on the top. thus the compression would be lower. standard myvi piston is flat..compression 10.1..
bro...impossible to grind the piston...we also amazed when we dismantled the head and found that the original piston of Myvi SE is almost same as L500 & L200...under groove so deep we thought it was underpowered...we really did grind some area in the head to lower down the compression...u can check with other Myvi owner whether their piston is same like this one...:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Rally [><];4363298 said:
interesting modification.. Everyone is focused on the engine power.. I am more interested to know how the gearbox gonna transfer all the power to the ground.. mentioned modded gearbox, what kind of a mod? lsd?.. gearing mod? is it auto or manual?..

sharin is carin ;)
bro...gearbox is manual but have transplanted from Daihatsu K-car and rojak it up

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
but i dont know about the 4 trottle thing on this bot engine, but i am very sure single trottle with bigger intake manifold will yeild better result. any idea why your friend choose 4 trottle ?
mebbe inspired by 6-throttled rb26 n 4-throttled sr20det.....to TS, great job!

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
Rally [><];4363298 said:

sharin is carin ;)
more interested to see how long this engine can last..kekeke..my stock turbo engine oredi lasted 20 years plus2..not interested in the power..planting 200hp into a tiny car...dun take the word of the drivability into account..hehehe..if not, daihatsu should alredy atleast dump 160hp into their yrv long time ago...why still stick wiv 140hp?...hehehe...modified transmission??would like to know what modify he did also...hehehe...but nvm la, the owner rich mah...if pecah, buy new car la..hehehe...