dc5 clutch

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Hello to all the DC5 sifus,

i've used up my dc5 clutch...anybody knows the price of dc5 and CTR clutches?

Thanks!!!
it cost me around RM1400 inclusive everything if my memory serves me correct to replace my finished clutch with new one (stock). if you opted to install after market CLUCTH be prepared to pay as much as RM3000++ and above

some aftermarkets may sell lower than that try ask around!

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
i intend to replace with fd2r clutch....still got 95%....they quoted me 800....it is advisable to take??
i will not install used item especially wear and tear parts just to be on the safe side. it didn't cross my mind that FD2R clutch can be installed into DC5R.

is RM800 includes labour charge or item only?

ilovemydc5

Known Member
Jan 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
labour is 350.......the fd2r clutch is pratically new...that fellow changed to super single after driving the car for not more than one month.....

i heard the fd2r clutch spring is thicker....the rest it the same....what do u think??

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

i went SIC the open track last Thurs....i din see much DC5...actually only 3 including me...and one dc5 banged into C corner wall at 5 pm...it was heartbreaking...

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
labour is 350.......the fd2r clutch is pratically new...that fellow changed to super single after driving the car for not more than one month.....

i heard the fd2r clutch spring is thicker....the rest it the same....what do u think??
my previous car was DC5R and now im driving the FD2R. i do not know about the clutch spring but after driven the FD2R i would say the stock clutch has the same feeling like the ones in DC5R. not hard on the leg...easy to press.

RM800 + RM350 is a fair deal i would say. just be aware of extra cost such as bearing and so on.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

[/COLOR]i went SIC the open track last Thurs....i din see much DC5...actually only 3 including me...and one dc5 banged into C corner wall at 5 pm...it was heartbreaking...
it is heartbreaking indeed. but that the risk you need to take and accept when going to the track. how bad is the car? is the driver ok?

ilovemydc5

Known Member
Jan 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the driver was ok...but the car wasn't ok...it was quite bad...i could see the engine protruding from the bay from far....sigh...

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
it cost me around RM1400 inclusive everything if my memory serves me correct to replace my finished clutch with new one (stock). if you opted to install after market CLUCTH be prepared to pay as much as RM3000++ and above

some aftermarkets may sell lower than that try ask around!
where did you get your clutch done?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

the driver was ok...but the car wasn't ok...it was quite bad...i could see the engine protruding from the bay from far....sigh...
ouch. and the worst part is you cant claim a single cent from accidents on the track. :banghead:

ilovemydc5

Known Member
Jan 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
actually i got the ITR clutch from a fren.....:-)

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Anyway...is the handling of ITR better than DC5?

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
just get an exedy or trinity or works clutch replacement.
Without the flywheel, just the clutch cover + clutch , it's practically only rm1.2K to 1.4K.
labour, i've seen as low as rm200 , as high as rm400

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sizzling Start at Sepang's New MCS Season Last Weekend! - 2018 Round 1

Sunday, 1st April 2018- Action on track were exciting with 66-year old grandfather, Tony Teo outshining his more celebrated and younger challengers to win Race 2 for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience