Fire sound from exhaust

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
Bro, gonna need some help here. My car was run around 100-120km/h, sometime i can hear my exhaust got sound like fire comes out like (boop boop). Normally this happen during 3rd and 4th gear. Is it got any problem?
Try checking your air/fuel ratio as well...u never know..:) By the way BHP 97 is not a bad choice either...i would say almost on par with v power and cheaper

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Sorry all bro I did not stated this Problem Actually was solved at few months ago. Yup, is the a/f ratio problem, after retune the ecu now ok edi ^_^

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
I am facing the same problem, can I simply lower the fuel pressure to fix this if I don't bother to re-tune the ECU ? Would it break anything ?

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
I am facing the same problem, can I simply lower the fuel pressure to fix this if I don't bother to re-tune the ECU ? Would it break anything ?
What you are trying to do is more of a trial&error method which can be very costly ...try installing a wideband commander with new o2 sensors..to get better and improved reading on th air/fuel ratio....Over time o2 sensor deteriorates.

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
When O2 sensor deteriorates, does it show richer or leaner as compare to actual value ? or just slower in response time ? I got a K&N AF ratio meter that does not work very well after migrated from another car.

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
The sound is okay as it shown that your engine is getting enough of fuel and its not "dry" as it will hurt the engine parts! So, you can ask your tuner to tune down a little and can be done in a minute!

RB4840

Mar 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hello, i also facing the same prob.with my rb 25 the pop sound normally came when i shift gear but only when i floor lah but i think my fuel managmet was not enought to control.currently iam using evo 510cc injector and safc to control.my boast level is set at 1 bar and using s256 bulleye power. to all sifu any suggestion or comment to eleminate problem.do the pop sound will damaged anything

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
SAFC mapping too small at 8X8. Change to a Power FC with 20X20 mapping for more minute tuning. :P

cutebomb86

Jun 1, 2006
Kuching
erm... i have problem with aftermarket ecu.
when i plug it in, everything works fine. the problem is when i turn off and take away my keys, the engine is still working, until i remove the ecu then the engine stop works.
anyone can explain what's going on and is there any solution to solve this problem?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello, I have car which is Myvi lagi best 1.3 manual that already finished it’s warranty so I thought I want to do some modification. So, i would wanna ask for the otai's advice before i go do something stupid. I've done some research on what to do but I want to know does those part really work or just placebo effect

Things I've done:
15" 6.5jj rims w goodyear f1
Sports spring 4flex

The list :
Spark Plug Iridium
Exhaust system
Tein adjustable suspension
Performance clutch
Lcp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience