something wrong??

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
HI there... :itsme:

I wanna ask something that i realised when i'm cruising down the highway. I'm using EK with b16b with stock gearbox.

My problem is this, i drove around 1hr plus on the highway using 5th gear and constantly around 110-130km/hr.

So when i drive into a R&R for breaks. I realised that my gearbox is a bit heavy. i.e. shifting down to 4th or 3rd would be heavier than normal.

So my question is.... is it normal?? or a symptom to a greater damage??

Thanks in advance for your comment...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
most importantly, do u alwiz change gear lembu-style? i think the synchros are out, anymore points u wanna tell? changing to a better gear oil does help, but up to a certain extend ler

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
Ever changed ur gearoil?
When?
yeah, i did changed my gear oil.... I think almost 6mths liau. I wanna get some feedback, so i can fix it all in 1 shot instead change oil and the problem still persist..

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

most importantly, do u alwiz change gear lembu-style? i think the synchros are out, anymore points u wanna tell? changing to a better gear oil does help, but up to a certain extend ler
lembu style?? Sorry, i don't understand.. :biggrin:

Other point? Just that when I stopped at the R&R, when the car is idle. The gearbox is still heavy. i.e. shifting to 1,2,3,4 and 5 gear will be heavier than normal. But after resting awhile in the R&R, maybe around 15mins. Then the gearbox is normal again. But after i continue my journey for another 1-2hrs, the problem came again.... :confused:

Now, during normal city driving.. The problem of heavy shifting ain't there. As i said, this problem only occur when I'm using constant 5th gear for maybe around 1-2hrs on the highway. And as i went into R&R and downshifting, the gearbox are heavier than normal.

FYI, wat is synchros?? How much to fix the synchros if tat is the problem???

Last edited:

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
rm500 a pop last time if i remember correctly...

1-2 = 500
2-3 = 500
3-4 = 500
4-5 = 500

i tot syncro koyak is when u get the crunching sound when changing gear? always koyak my 2-3 syncro during the good ol days...hmmm

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
satanic..where do you change your synchros?
how much is the labour?

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005

1-2 = 500
2-3 = 500
3-4 = 500
4-5 = 500

i tot syncro koyak is when u get the crunching sound when changing gear? always koyak my 2-3 syncro during the good ol days...hmmm
no... no crunching sound... Just very heavy to downshift from 5th to 4th cuz slowing down while entering Highway R&R.. Even when i stopped my car, shifting from N to any gear seem to be heavier than usual... However, after a few minutes cooling down the car. The gearbox seem fine...

As i said, only happen after cruising the highway on constant speed on 5th gear. So far haven't encounter this problem while city driving...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
lembu = kasar, harsh, etc. lol

so, did u?

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

no... no crunching sound... Just very heavy to downshift from 5th to 4th cuz slowing down while entering Highway R&R.. Even when i stopped my car, shifting from N to any gear seem to be heavier than usual... However, after a few minutes cooling down the car. The gearbox seem fine...

As i said, only happen after cruising the highway on constant speed on 5th gear. So far haven't encounter this problem while city driving...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
ohh, i'd check the linkages first if i were u. lubricate them and see how it goes

xteiner

Known Member
Oct 3, 2004
Kuala Lumpur

1-2 = 500
2-3 = 500
3-4 = 500
4-5 = 500

1-2
3-4
5-R

correction =D

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
anyone knows how much is a reasonable labor fee to take down the gearbox and replace a synchro ?

cat77

3,000 RPM
May 5, 2006
anyone knows how much is a reasonable labor fee to take down the gearbox and replace a synchro ?
try leman puchong.......i heard his labour charge among the lowest......thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey all,

just wanted to find out what the general opinion is for the top range Honda City and the Kia Forte.

City around 90k and the Forte around 94k.. but City oni 1.6, Forte 2.0.

In terms of exterior Forte and City look like clones...Interior got any comments?

Anyone compared these cars? in terms of performance and quality which would be a better buy?

Appreciate any feedback :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience