something wrong??

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
HI there... :itsme:

I wanna ask something that i realised when i'm cruising down the highway. I'm using EK with b16b with stock gearbox.

My problem is this, i drove around 1hr plus on the highway using 5th gear and constantly around 110-130km/hr.

So when i drive into a R&R for breaks. I realised that my gearbox is a bit heavy. i.e. shifting down to 4th or 3rd would be heavier than normal.

So my question is.... is it normal?? or a symptom to a greater damage??

Thanks in advance for your comment...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
most importantly, do u alwiz change gear lembu-style? i think the synchros are out, anymore points u wanna tell? changing to a better gear oil does help, but up to a certain extend ler

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
Ever changed ur gearoil?
When?
yeah, i did changed my gear oil.... I think almost 6mths liau. I wanna get some feedback, so i can fix it all in 1 shot instead change oil and the problem still persist..

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

most importantly, do u alwiz change gear lembu-style? i think the synchros are out, anymore points u wanna tell? changing to a better gear oil does help, but up to a certain extend ler
lembu style?? Sorry, i don't understand.. :biggrin:

Other point? Just that when I stopped at the R&R, when the car is idle. The gearbox is still heavy. i.e. shifting to 1,2,3,4 and 5 gear will be heavier than normal. But after resting awhile in the R&R, maybe around 15mins. Then the gearbox is normal again. But after i continue my journey for another 1-2hrs, the problem came again.... :confused:

Now, during normal city driving.. The problem of heavy shifting ain't there. As i said, this problem only occur when I'm using constant 5th gear for maybe around 1-2hrs on the highway. And as i went into R&R and downshifting, the gearbox are heavier than normal.

FYI, wat is synchros?? How much to fix the synchros if tat is the problem???

Last edited:

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
rm500 a pop last time if i remember correctly...

1-2 = 500
2-3 = 500
3-4 = 500
4-5 = 500

i tot syncro koyak is when u get the crunching sound when changing gear? always koyak my 2-3 syncro during the good ol days...hmmm

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
satanic..where do you change your synchros?
how much is the labour?

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005

1-2 = 500
2-3 = 500
3-4 = 500
4-5 = 500

i tot syncro koyak is when u get the crunching sound when changing gear? always koyak my 2-3 syncro during the good ol days...hmmm
no... no crunching sound... Just very heavy to downshift from 5th to 4th cuz slowing down while entering Highway R&R.. Even when i stopped my car, shifting from N to any gear seem to be heavier than usual... However, after a few minutes cooling down the car. The gearbox seem fine...

As i said, only happen after cruising the highway on constant speed on 5th gear. So far haven't encounter this problem while city driving...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
lembu = kasar, harsh, etc. lol

so, did u?

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

no... no crunching sound... Just very heavy to downshift from 5th to 4th cuz slowing down while entering Highway R&R.. Even when i stopped my car, shifting from N to any gear seem to be heavier than usual... However, after a few minutes cooling down the car. The gearbox seem fine...

As i said, only happen after cruising the highway on constant speed on 5th gear. So far haven't encounter this problem while city driving...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
ohh, i'd check the linkages first if i were u. lubricate them and see how it goes

xteiner

Known Member
Oct 3, 2004
Kuala Lumpur

1-2 = 500
2-3 = 500
3-4 = 500
4-5 = 500

1-2
3-4
5-R

correction =D

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
anyone knows how much is a reasonable labor fee to take down the gearbox and replace a synchro ?

cat77

3,000 RPM
May 5, 2006
anyone knows how much is a reasonable labor fee to take down the gearbox and replace a synchro ?
try leman puchong.......i heard his labour charge among the lowest......thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to share some pictures of some Extreme Engine Mods....
All from Tom Yam Land....

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience