Buying a Lancer Evo?

panaroL

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
just querying all those who already own an Evo here in MLOC. would ya advice someone who juz have a normal wira to buy an Evo? what car(s) did you drive prior to owning your Evos. i'm contemplating (thinking of trading in my ol wira for something else - civic FD2, evo? etc), but some of my thoughts:
- would the HP jump be too much to handle (? so far ony old wira mah. lite mods je)
- don't really know much on car technical stuff (i often read you guys posting stuff in the engine n performance section, and the mods u do on ur rides, and i can't really grasp as many stuff as would luv to due to lack of knowledge arhghg)

would it be better for me to juz jump into buyin an evo and learn from there-on, or would it be better for me to buy somethin else first and learnlearnlearn till pandai siket.

im juz contemplating. and oh ya, what car did u drive b4 buyin ur Evos? Tq!

Last edited:

lude

Known Member
Aug 5, 2004
KL
panarol.. if u already have your sights set on an evo.. go for it..
-as for the jump in bhp.. doesnt matter if ur driving a kancil or an evo.. always drive within ur limits and the car's capabilities.. if u get an evo, slowly learn the car's capabilities and characteristics..
-as for technical knowledge, the web has tons of information u can read up on.. take ur time, nobody is expected to be an expert overnight..

as for what ive driven:
putra-> satria r3-> impreza sti-> golf gti-> evo x

Kira X

Jun 21, 2009
i'm more worst situation.i drivin saga 1.3 n i jump to evo3 converted lancer.nothing much different.just cant catch with ur both eyes.

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
just querying all those who already own an Evo here in MLOC. would ya advice someone who juz have a normal wira to buy an Evo? what car(s) did you drive prior to owning your Evos. i'm contemplating (thinking of trading in my ol wira for something else - civic FD2, evo? etc), but some of my thoughts:
- would the HP jump be too much to handle (? so far ony old wira mah. lite mods je)
- don't really know much on car technical stuff (i often read you guys posting stuff in the engine n performance section, and the mods u do on ur rides, and i can't really grasp as many stuff as would luv to due to lack of knowledge arhghg)

would it be better for me to juz jump into buyin an evo and learn from there-on, or would it be better for me to buy somethin else first and learnlearnlearn till pandai siket.

Evo is a bitch car to drive :banghead: but also a fun car to have :driver::stupid: nvm get used to drive normal car. I was a mat rempit once upon a time :smokin:

Prince_Lycan

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm planing to own a evo 9 or the mr version but have no idea wats the big difference between them ( evo9 mr and evo 9)
I hope any1 here can help to intro me to a good car dealer which have this evo 9 2 make my life easier.
regards,

Kira X

Jun 21, 2009
differents not much....
just lightened roof,nice front bumper lips(cf if not wrong),n evo mr batch at gear knob console...
thats all but rarely species,will consider to make it collection(if i)...

Modellista

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2004
ive got an unregistered 2005 White Evo 9 RS for sale..just arrived from Japan.PM me for details..
cheers

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia

Hello panaroL,

Option in your hand. From my point of view, E is a good ride.
Maintainance wise kinda higher but if you don't have itchy hands everything will be fine.

HP jumping: no la... but feel the G when over taking.
technical stuff: learn after you get the ride... since in MLOC/ZTH we could ask anything at anytime. If you in peninsular, you can get helps easily + reputable workshop.

if not mistaken there is a MLOC member get the E from Russian lucky draw...
maybe you could find him & to guide u for any other contest.... :itsme:

my ride: Lorry to E (big different oooo) :rofl:

ShaolinTiger

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.shaolintiger.com
Great article for those looking to buy an Evo.

BTW for the spluttering problem could be many things, need to go to an experienced workshop to get it checked out.

Usually is mis-firing, but could also be faulty AFS.

Nazman

Known Member
Feb 8, 2010
East Coast
Planning to view used Evo 8MR this weekend from dealer near damansara.

What the major things should i check?

the dealer said they already change the clutch, system fluid...

Hope advice from you guys.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

SIFU.

Wat is the difference after put mivec head into gsr engine !!! got any torque difference. plsss elaborate... pilisssssssss:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience