{Beware}Fake Automotive Parts

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
just to let u guys know that skunk2 fake intake manifold has arrive on our shore.
so for those potential buyer,be aware what u paid for.what i'm afraid of is some
of the shop pass it as genuine item.i'm not saying that they purposely sell u a fake
1 and claim it to be genuine but some of them doesn't even know how to tell the
different.that's not all,some of their supplier don't even bother to tell them.
for those of u who don't know how to differentiate between them,just look
at the vacuum nipple further inside the plenum.the fake 1 should stick out.
the runner is not smooth (rough surface) and the built quality is off compare
to the genuine.even the box fail.these intake come with sticker and everything
like the genuine do.if u know ur buying fake 1,it's really ok with me as long as u
know what ur paying for.sorry for lag of pic.really lazy leh to take it.
thanks for reading guys.
here's the link of u guys curious about the intake manifold.

http://www.skunk2.com/editorial/intakeComparo.pd

note:the new version of the fake intake manifold looks a lot better and more identical with
the original 1 then the 1 that they compare in the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Re: {Beware}Fake Skunk2 Intake Manifold

that is different bro.they got better deal from the state to purchase in bulk thus the cheap
price.if i'm not mistaken,they told me that they have to bring in around 100 per order to be able
to sell at that price.same goes to pivot super baby timer.remember?at autobac japan,they sell for
rm320 while in m'sia at that time only cost us rm230.both r genuine.

back to the manifold,right now i got both ori n fake in my hand.as i mention earlier,this 1 look
exactly the same as the ori 1 not like the 1 they compare in the net.

JuizeeeBrain

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Equine Park, SK

that is different bro.they got better deal from the state to purchase in bulk thus the cheap
price.if i'm not mistaken,they told me that they have to bring in around 100 per order to be able
to sell at that price.same goes to pivot super baby timer.remember?at autobac japan,they sell for
rm320 while in m'sia at that time only cost us rm230.both r genuine.

back to the manifold,right now i got both ori n fake in my hand.as i mention earlier,this 1 look
exactly the same as the ori 1 not like the 1 they compare in the net.
my point is, if u think properly fake ones are more cheaper than the ori ones, not talking about buying them in bulk. i too saw the ori and the fake manifold before and they really have differences in terms of the finishing. One very obvious thing i noticed is the surface and the paint of the fake manifolds. They are rougher.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com

my point is, if u think properly fake ones are more cheaper than the ori ones, not talking about buying them in bulk. i too saw the ori and the fake manifold before and they really have differences in terms of the finishing. One very obvious thing i noticed is the surface and the paint of the fake manifolds. They are rougher.
yup,fake 1 definitely cheaper then ori.here's the pic that i took.the finishing is nearly 90%
the same as ori.
DSC00514.jpg fake vs ori DSC00524.jpg fake vs ori

DSC00515.jpg fake DSC00516.jpg ori

DSC00519.jpg fake DSC00520.jpg ori

DSC00523.jpg fake DSC00521.jpg ori

hopes this help.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ

they do look similar. and u can probably only tell if u compare it side by side.. haih.. nowadays buy things also need to know the product in such where u can tell the diff between ori and fake...

not so fun in buying anymore. there's always a worry.

good info bro. thanks for letting us know!

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com

the paint job settles everything..
so easy to see which 1 is fake
yup,if they're side by side.the only way to be sure is to look at the inside.

btw......for those power timing belt lover.....the fake 1 has arrive too.
be careful.i can't compare this for u guys as i don't want to sell it.
it's dangerous and risky.i really don't know how long can this belt last.

MaNofWaR

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site

slight off topic...but i noticed there is a sudden availability of 'tomei' cams with various profiles for 4g93. i've seen a tomei cams for sr20's which has the 'tomei' embossed on the camshaft itself. i wonder the one's for 4g93 has it as well.... just curious.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com

slight off topic...but i noticed there is a sudden availability of 'tomei' cams with various profiles for 4g93. i've seen a tomei cams for sr20's which has the 'tomei' embossed on the camshaft itself. i wonder the one's for 4g93 has it as well.... just curious.
if i'm not mistaken,that a special request from their distributor in m'sia since there's a lot
of 4g93 kaki here.about the 'tomei' embosed logo on the cam,i've never seen it with my own
eyes before.i only sell evo1,2,3 tomei cam.

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch

damn its getting more & more difficult to buy product from internet if like this:banghead:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com

damn its getting more & more difficult to buy product from internet if like this:banghead:
depends la bro.if u know the seller and his track record,it shouldn't be a problem.
some of the seller in market place is very honest in doing business.:biggrin:

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch

damn its getting more & more difficult to buy product online if like this:banghead:

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

who knows bro hehe like this hv to go KL@Jb myself to buy parts lor :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This week is a pretty busy week. Super GT weekend starts soon and everyone is going to be busy preparing for the event. So there wouldn't be much updates for the project, as I have to discuss with my sponsors on what needed to do. But then again, I've dreamed up some great concepts. Check out the photo up above. It came from a 1970's Datsun Z432. What is a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience