Buying An EG/EH wadever la Hatch..

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
okay i am going to get a 5th gen civic, currently looking for an EG/EH hatchback with quitegood condition at a resonable price... im a cash buyer
email me at [email protected]
or sms ah kit 0162336290

and i dun mind if its converted as long the car is in good form
thx for every1 and i appreciate it

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
sorry for not posting my location and my budget..
my location at cheras KL
and my budget is 30-40k.
and im still fresh to hondas
so im thinking of isit possible to bring some1's car to my friend workshop and ask him to check it out for me?
i hope i can get the car before this new year

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
with that amount of budget.. you can get a eg hatch with
DOHC V.tec from B16A,B18C,B20B, interior+exterior JDM spec.. with other plus parts.. like lsd g.box, sunroof, rims,carbon parts n some electronics parts n engine mods... try to find a true honda enthusiast.. an owner which uses it as second car/weekend ride would be better...

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
so u mean with the amount of budget, i get really get a quite good deal EG?
so u guys think its worth to buy with that amount if the car is quite hardly modified?
im still a newbies and i also heard bout some1 mentioning that 40k is not enuf onli can get converted engine still ned to pay for 10+ for touch up blablabla

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
so u mean with the amount of budget, i get really get a quite good deal EG?
so u guys think its worth to buy with that amount if the car is quite hardly modified?
im still a newbies and i also heard bout some1 mentioning that 40k is not enuf onli can get converted engine still ned to pay for 10+ for touch up blablabla
go n ketok that fella... rm30-rm40k quite ok if spend on eg6....
price can go bit higher with some extraordinary thing inside like k20a or otherwise....
in JB ori eg6 market around rm35k-rm37k....
If convert one, the market around rm28k - rm33k.....

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
You can get a good deal with that budget,
the tough part is finding a car that's in a really good condition (especially if its an ori EG6) .
Just take your time in choosing...

May I suggest that if you can't find one to your liking, buy a cheaper EG and convert it your self, for about 8K++ you can get a good EG6 halfcut complete with interior...and if you have extra you can do some mods on your engine before you put it in the car...You can also do any repairs on bodywork/paint/customizations while your at it..

In the end you'll know everything about the cars condition.

But if there an good condition ori EG6 available, personally I'd just go for it as it has a more sentimental value....:biggrin:

Anyways good luck.

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
if you can get a converted eg hatch or an ori eg6.. go ahead... i dont recommend buying a basic eg n then convert it to eg6 with dohc vtec.. it would cost more than buying a prep ready one... the different is.. if you convert it yourself you know what problems it has n will encounter instead of buying other peoples work of convertion... UNLESS u already hv a local/non vtec Eg hatch with you.. than its worth while doing it from scratch...

buying cars thats ready n equipped with dohc n interior n accessories n is owned by a honda enthusiast.. usually u save up more.. especially on the small stuff like foglights,air press,sunroof,adjustables,fuel reg,extractor,electronics,rims n etc which can really do great cost to buy later on... but some owner sell at ridiculus price as well taking everything into account..

usually seller surely give a bit discount.. unless u buy it after a runner or what ever than price starts to rise than what the ori owner wants... hybrid convertion like B20B i suggest you stay away to be on the safe side, usually ppl r temted with the B20B package.. but you wont know what problems it will have later n can it be rectify easily.. n usually it is prone to hv legal problems aswell if you know what i mean...

by far.. the Kelantan'S n terengganu'S owner seem to hv the best Eg's i'v ever seen in malaysia.. theirs are mostly 99% completed in every nook n corner of the car in JDM spec.. n some with USDM style spec..

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
wao aodiolizard,40k....very good offer......:driver::itsme:

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
buying cars thats ready n equipped with dohc n interior n accessories n is owned by a honda enthusiast.. usually u save up more.. especially on the small stuff like foglights,air press,sunroof,adjustables,fuel reg,extractor,electronics,rims n etc which can really do great cost to buy later on... but some owner sell at ridiculus price as well taking everything into account..

yeah....Prices for accessories/parts are ridiculous now...:bawling:.....especially sellers from the net...but you can still find good deals at chop shops.......just have to spend more time cruising the shops.......it used to be the other way around a while back ago.....

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thx for every1. i already get a eg6 yesterday with the price with 38k
the car is running with b16b type R engine and its quite consider high performance car i think.
i know i can find a cheaper price mayb with 33-35k but once i look at the car for 1st time its different from others, hmm now the question is. im still a newbie, i duno anything under the hood except how to open the V is to drive up to 5500rpm hehe..

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Good to hear u finally got your car....:driver:
is it ori EG6?....as long as your satisfied it doesn't matter if its a little bit pricey...hehe

Dont worry about whats under the hood too much....just dont hentam kawkaw too often....
Start hanging out at the workshops and with other VTEC owners / clubs , and soon you'll learn all that you need to know...

Anyways....have fun!

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
thx for every1. i already get a eg6 yesterday with the price with 38k
the car is running with b16b type R engine and its quite consider high performance car i think.
i know i can find a cheaper price mayb with 33-35k but once i look at the car for 1st time its different from others, hmm now the question is. im still a newbie, i duno anything under the hood except how to open the V is to drive up to 5500rpm hehe..
ask the owner what he has done any mods to the engine...if anything has been modified internally ....ask him about the gearbox...external mods normally you can see ... dont have to ask him...

congrats bro on your new car... :top:

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
congrats.. go tt with other b series as well to compare notes.. ull learn a lot for maintenance n future upgrades.. if ur ride is fully B16B engine its already a good platform

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

planning 2 bolt on turbo for my little 1nzfe ~ but really really noob in this.. hope can get advice from sifu around here ^_^ here i got few question

1 how much does it cost ? i mean as low as possible price XD
2 wat boost are most recommand for vios ? 0.5 ? 1.0 ? for safety range..
3 took how long 2 install for all ? :biggrin:
4 donno at bintulu where can recommand 2 install ? :biggrin:
5 will it damage our engine if low boost ?
6 possible can get 7sec 2 hunderd ?? now my current...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience