ECU P27 Civic Eg 1.6 SOHC Repair report..

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Another nother ECU honda P27 Saved...
Warning!!! Pls repair you caps before leak and cause major trouble..

On 3 Dec, I received 2 ecu's send by member of zth for "emergency procedure" aka repair lor...
P08 with thunder chip for Onconnet- Kedah ( no vtec) and
P27 manual ecu from Pencalat @ calat- JayBee (cannot start).

For P08 I have reported it in another thread. This will be the report for P27...

Report:-
When open up, it was confirmed that the caps have leaked.
Major leak came for C18 which cause major damages.(pls see picture)

All caps (7X) was remove and area clean up.
Near by components was also checked for damages..

After all clean and checking done, some additional ceramic cap and transistor also
was required to be changed... not forgetting broken copper trace and etc.
Put in and soldered all the new component and marked it with green paint marker..
All connection was confirmed and reassemble back the ecu.

This morning went to Boyz Workshop to loan a car to test out the ecu...
Plug in the ecu and turn the key on.... Check light on then off.- OK!
Turn the key to start... engine started immediately and idling was smooth.:proud:

Drove:driver: for 15mins without any problem except vtec did not trigger.... why?:banghead:
Oh... the ecu and engine is the local 1.6 single cam with out vtec....:biggrin:Ha ha ha- OK.
SO an0ther ecu safe!
Pls recycle your ecu.... if you have 1 for me pls PM... thanks.:itsme:

Last edited:

guangek9

8,000 RPM
May 7, 2008
I think I got a ECU need to repair. That one from my customer. But waiting his reply. If no mistake his ECU is EK manual 1.6 single cam ecu. Will inform u. :biggrin:

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
As an early detection, would you mind telling us how do we know the caps are near to its life prior to sending? Can we just spot an almost burnt board or caps to confirm?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
I think I got a ECU need to repair. That one from my customer. But waiting his reply. If no mistake his ECU is EK manual 1.6 single cam ecu. Will inform u. :biggrin:
Bro, Ok... Contact me once confirm..
Tq

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

As an early detection, would you mind telling us how do we know the caps are near to its life prior to sending? Can we just spot an almost burnt board or caps to confirm?
Bro....
1. Generally.. IF ecu more than 10 years, then caps are over its lifespan.
Change ASAP.

or

2. Already start to have crazy crazy symptoms..... diff to start, idling NG, misfire, check light appear,
vtec no open, fuel pump no function... However this already too late.....

or

3. Open up the ecu cover and look around the capacitors....if have signal of oxidation or dark green stuff beside/under it, then better change before failures....

TQ

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
tengkiu etech...... next time i bring my p30 project ecu... mind on testing it....
got 3 bijik maaa........
launch control / rev cut / speed cut / kill vtec.... hehehe

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
tengkiu etech...... next time i bring my p30 project ecu... mind on testing it....
got 3 bijik maaa........
launch control / rev cut / speed cut / kill vtec.... hehehe
Bro "losak" or just want the caps to be change?
Ganas.... 3 bijik.....
Anyway...n.p, once confirm contact me... Tq:biggrin:

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
Bro "losak" or just want the caps to be change?
Ganas.... 3 bijik.....
Anyway...n.p, once confirm contact me... Tq:biggrin:
Aiya... ini bukan losak one... just got 3 unit just for my emergency...
1 unit standby if i wanna go for hondata.... 2 unit for project one...
wanna built sumthin like CROME lah.... can ar???

fazrul80

Apr 18, 2013
kedah
hello bro e-tech... I'm a newbie.. Sorry to ask...my ECU also P27-T00 but i use for AT car... i want to ask about both of the BLUE capacitor..
What is the value of that BLUE capacitor.. i can't see mine coz the value is gone.... Another is about the 3 leg black capacitor the no. is D1779... i can't get it at my place.. anyway I'm from alor setar...Can i buy it from u??

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
been considering sending my OBD1 ECU to u for a full cap replacement for quite awhile already...

nothing wrong with ECU at the moment, but like u said, better change before it leaks and damages other components.

where is ur location ah bro? and how much to do the job? and what brand caps do u use?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
been considering sending my OBD1 ECU to u for a full cap replacement for quite awhile already...

nothing wrong with ECU at the moment, but like u said, better change before it leaks and damages other components.

where is ur location ah bro? and how much to do the job? and what brand caps do u use?

Location Muar
Caps : Rubycon, Japanese brand.
Price will depend on actual ecu condition. PM for costing.

ruff36

Nov 16, 2006
Shah Alam
Bro..Just recycling bck this bck dated post.

I oso having a problem right nw with my ecu.1stly it was happen when i turn on the key to ignition,found out my check light didn't turn off as usually.Try to start the engine,but no respond.I suspect my distributor is 'kong' b'coz that symptoms happen b4 last 4 years,so call up my mechanic wit a recon distributor.Fixed,but check light still ON & engine still cant start.Check ignition & fuel pump,everything is ok until my mechanic open up my ecu & found out some of the caps was burnt.

Looking around like hell,finally found 1 ecu code P29 (mine is P27-T51)The seller told me it can be use except no vtec function.Fix bck to my car and test,ok but after running on the road for 15 minute,suddenly check engine light pop up and few minute later engine stopped.Start back,ok for a while but now it becoming a continious problem on and off.

Back to the seller (halfcut conversion w/shop),he recheck the ecu unit by looping a wire and drive to the diagnose socket under the dashboard but the ecu is ok.(try in the situation engine is running,put the loop wire in,the check light is pop up,remove bck the wire check engine light off)he told me thats the way to check malfunction or working ecu.

Base on his experience he told me that the recon distributor coil is not so good,the coil is 'Hot' so it cut off the ignitions,he ask me to replace just the coil it self or find another used distributor.FYI my Idle Valve Controller unit also was not so good..was it also cause that too?

I m thinking to repair bck my actual ecu,and place it bck to my car(another RM)but would the prob solve?Was the coil in the recon distributors not good?Get another 2nd hand unit??Need some advise and sharing information from you about this.Currently i was driving on a zc single cam non vtec civic also,in a swap MT drivetrain.I swap the gearbox about 6 years ago,untill then this problem appears.

Need help urgentl..I running with the check engine light pop out and frequently need to start while driving.

Ruff (012 687 5653)

Attachments

Last edited:
May 5, 2016
philippines
Hi guys
I'm new here and I need help for my Honda civic LX PH16 engine auto. 95 model

I bought this car and everything is not working, I'm new in Honda cars also, I just notice many have change, like TB change to a multicab carburetor, so looking at it I was thinking maybe the ECU is not working that's why they change it. Anyways I put back TB and fuel pump in the tank, and it was running, but the prob is no check engine, but their is a prob misfire in 1 cylinder, shifting prob( like in 4gear but f it low rev it would go back to 1st gear even still running.) so thinking maybe the lock A and B check and it's working. So thinking sa ECU. Then the idle is low like out of spec, 450 rpm, and when aircon engine dies. So thinking iavc not working,so check it's working and in ryt spec. So thinking ECU again. Then rev f reach to 1500rpm staggered, but f move than that she's ok. So thinking of the TPS, check and it's ok with the perfect condition and tried swap with my extra TPS still the same, so thinking of the ECU. Check my MAP definitely it's working coz its easy start. So I check my ECU and found out some of the resistors are burned and I think somebody tried to repair it but maybe didn't win it. And the board is i think damage also.
So guys that's the story of my Honda civic.
Plss.. need help..

P.S
Change new spark plugs, high tension voltage wire, didn't check the pressure of the miss fire though. And it's 1st cylinder, and check also the CYL, CRANK sensor,TDC all is in good operation.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Location Muar
Caps : Rubycon, Japanese brand.
Price will depend on actual ecu condition. PM for costing.
E-Tech, do you still do ECU capacitor replacement service ? I'm thinking of sending mine to you for cap replacement. The ECU is P2T, JDM B16A engine. Nothing wrong with the ECU, just preventive maintenance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When word broke about the BMW 1 Series M Coupe, many touted it as a spiritual successor to the E30 M3 with its lightness and inline engine, something that the current E90 M3 was chided with a V8 and notably larger girth compared to the older models. Once the M Coupe has hit the roads, there were whispers that it could actually be quicker than its...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience