B16B Block, what crank & rod to put in?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
For setup 3, Can use b16b piston mod with b16a rod?
Bro...
Basically cannot.
B16A block is short... when put in 18 crank & 16a rod n 16a piston, piston will come out of the block already.... like alot of mm... same if use b16b piston, even more come out...

Spoon sell this "stroker kit" for B16A block which is basically = B18c crank, 16A rods and special short piston wit just 1 oil ring and 1 compression ring...

If budget constrain and onli want to pay 1.6liter road tax...
just get b16b block + ur B16A head first...- better high rev gain
When got $$$- next CTR type r cams
When again got $$$$- get a 18c crank & rods

If dun mind 1.8liter road tax....
just get a b18c block + ur 16A head..

If want to "cheat" and take risk...(block punch number "B16A"):listen:
B20 block + B16A..

For me it was B16B block + B18c crank n rod + b16B pistons...

all up to u.:biggrin:

LuKa

Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
use the cheat method n install extractr heatshield for difficult to identify method... but a trained/experienced eye and ear can easily identify it..

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
E-tech: thanks for sharing alot of useful information. Im still new in vtec mod.

Normally if we change to b18cr engine from 1.6cc need to go puspakom do inspection or just go jpj to register? My fren change to b16b no need go inspection just go jpj but not sure bout B18c.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
E-tech: thanks for sharing alot of useful information. Im still new in vtec mod.

Normally if we change to b18cr engine from 1.6cc need to go puspakom do inspection or just go jpj to register? My fren change to b16b no need go inspection just go jpj but not sure bout B18c.
For my case...

B16A--> B16B went for puspakom...reason different "A" and "B"
if a B16A to B16A no need puspakom.....

so
B16A-->B18C sure must puspakon cause cc up...
But sometime different location different law.... u know lah...
MAS... mana ada system..:biggrin:

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
For my case...

B16A--> B16B went for puspakom...reason different "A" and "B"
if a B16A to B16A no need puspakom.....

so
B16A-->B18C sure must puspakon cause cc up...
But sometime different location different law.... u know lah...
MAS... mana ada system..:biggrin:
Ohh maybe diff location diff law hahaha malaysia mah! I saw jpj website said that can increase only 25% from stock cc. Only need to upgarde better brakes.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Yup... that is da written law.
But still need surat beranak (i mean surat teknik).and puspakom checking...
Bila siap, report okay....

^slownyer^

Apr 28, 2005
wonderfulplanet
Bro...
Basically cannot.
B16A block is short... when put in 18 crank & 16a rod n 16a piston, piston will come out of the block already.... like alot of mm... same if use b16b piston, even more come out...

Spoon sell this "stroker kit" for B16A block which is basically = B18c crank, 16A rods and special short piston wit just 1 oil ring and 1 compression ring...

If budget constrain and onli want to pay 1.6liter road tax...
just get b16b block + ur B16A head first...- better high rev gain
When got $$$- next CTR type r cams
When again got $$$$- get a 18c crank & rods

If dun mind 1.8liter road tax....
just get a b18c block + ur 16A head..

If want to "cheat" and take risk...(block punch number "B16A"):listen:
B20 block + B16A..

For me it was B16B block + B18c crank n rod + b16B pistons...

all up to u.:biggrin:
nice info bro....

terenceng

Feb 13, 2008
add me to your msn,
i had pm my msn address to u..
for your infomration, i'm ek4 owner and part-time tuner.
see u there~~

zollo

Aug 1, 2009
hi i noob here i jz buy a so4 engine set up like this head b16ainside ctr cam n valve spring,skunk2 manifold,s90 tb,cam adj cam pulley,b18c gsr block,b18cr piston n hondata s300 ecu.can this block put in B18cr crank n rod?can it give power?1 more thing when i hit rpm5000 vtec open but power drop till rpm6000 power only come dun know wat problem.any sifu know wat problem wit this set up?all pls help thnaks give some advise pls.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
hi i noob here i jz buy a so4 engine set up like this head b16ainside ctr cam n valve spring,skunk2 manifold,s90 tb,cam adj cam pulley,b18c gsr block,b18cr piston n hondata s300 ecu.can this block put in B18cr crank n rod?can it give power?1 more thing when i hit rpm5000 vtec open but power drop till rpm6000 power only come dun know wat problem.any sifu know wat problem wit this set up?all pls help thnaks give some advise pls.
Wah bro damn lucky ler... got hondata s300 wit car...
For this engine set up 5k is a little too early if u have std gear ratio and final...
So just connect a lap top with smanager soft ware to your hondata-ed ecu and adjust your vtec to 5400 or 5500...
If will be better...if your are near my location,, i can do it foc for you.

Or if got money, go dyno tuned it...gt auto or millenium or etc
If got more money... put in better cam... jun 3, pro 3 and etc...

Just the 18cr crank wil not make much different...

Just my 50cents...:biggrin:

AD_EG

Apr 5, 2009
5k rpm might be too early....best to get it checked and retuned...

better just remain to the GSR crank...send it for balancing instead of buying another crank...

zollo

Aug 1, 2009
thanks e tech n ad eg.it is good if i stay in kl but i stay in penang so hard to find a good hondata tuner in penang n ipoh hehe when i go kl then i find u for foc tuning wakaka anyway thanks.wa put in type 3 cam er can use wit daily drive?ad eg i jz wondering how much cost to do balancing the crank?is tat my s90 td is too big for my engine setup now?last week i try to play wit my fren eg b16a wit tifini cluch n rechip ecu 1st gear n 2nd gear i lose only catch wit gear3 so poor haha...

SA6YEuro

Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Nice to see the Honda thread still goin strong after many years :biggrin:

Ol fart like me!! Still proud to be a Hondarian!!

Anyway, sorry the topic side track a bit but quite relevant. I always wondered can you use the PCT @B16B pistons with forged conrods like Eagle or Blueprint Racing? For the B16A1 application.

From what I gather the issue would be the wrist pin fitting of the forged conrods which is bigger that of the B16B's pistons wrist pin? Am I right to assume tt?

What would be the next best alternative? Use back the B16A conrod and machine it to fit the bigger wrist pin of the B16B piston?

Need some advise.... May consider my next project. Thanks guys.

To all sifu's which may guide my on this problem,

I'm going to installed 390cc injector(mitsu gsr) to take over my std injector 255cc(nissan march).But there's too much question on my mind including some bad explanation from foreman outthere.

I also have a piggy back(r-fit),quite same as safc2.

the question are,

1.can my car started when i start the engine(seem it will be to rich fuel mixture)
2.how to set the afc...do i need to set +50% or -50% to tipu my ecu to send low fuel...