Turbo Without Intercooler

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
alots of drag monster not use intercooler... see below....

YouTube - FASTEST 4 CYLINDER CAR IN THE WORLD
YouTube - Magnus 2007 CSCS Final
YouTube - low 9second 1/4mile 900+fwhp 4G63 mirage dragcar
YouTube - Black Betty lives again Slowboy's RWD 1g DSM Drag Car
YouTube - 4G63 Dragster - Dyno Session

but all of them running on methanol ... methanol is acting like "chemical intercooler" ... but it will corrode alu & steel ... there ambient temperature also low...

-----------------------------------------------

can try water/meth injection if dun want to use intercooler...

------------------------------------------------

intercooler also not good if no airflow run through to cool it.... most run turbo engine want to hide the intercooler, spray black laaa, put big plate number lah... huhuhuhu .... it can make intercooler heat soak .... it cannot cool the charge air anymore ..... it will be the heater to the charge air.... hahahaha.... better not use intercooler if like that...

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
please dun be screwed by the drag thingy. the fella wanna low boost oni maa

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
please dun be screwed by the drag thingy. the fella wanna low boost oni maa
yaaa... i already give the explanation right.... i not say can hi boost with no intercooler....

i just say can try water/meth injection for low boost.... but need to log the charge air temp. first @ peak ambient temperature.... but it not cost effective lah... need to topup the water/meth always..... better put intercooler lah...

better i explain why drag car not use intercooler is ok ...... they will get the knowledge ... if they see drag car no intercooler & do not have knowledge, they will say drag car also no intercooler... normal car no need lah... that's why sharing knowledge is good... :driver:

panjang ensem

Known Member
Jan 23, 2009
dera syenie, mayb u should do up ur kancil first as it is already barai at bengkel ann.............

n dun forget to buy the wheel nukel from me.....ekekek

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
i've seen quite afew turbo application without using IC with my own eyes. There is a guy running T28 without Ic on his 7AFE AE92, boosting 0.8bar. Power Enterprise turbokit for MRS stage1 also doesnt use IC. Toyota Hilux also doesnt use IC.

But here i throw 1 question.

Given SC compressor producing X amount of CFM @ 14psi VS turbo producing the same CFM as SC compressor @ 14psi, will the air temp of both same?

here i dont really agree that SC heat can only be caused by friction or engine bay heat. SC DO compressed/pressurized air and once air get compressed, it does get hot. The only different is how its being driven

Last edited:

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
of coz lah turbo produce hotter air temp compare to supercharger.... heat transfer from turbine housing also need to calculate....

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
that's why sharing knowledge is good... :driver:
yessss.. us small time tuners mah..
discussions like these are gud! :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Given SC compressor producing X amount of CFM @ 14psi VS turbo producing the same CFM as SC compressor @ 14psi, will the air temp of both same?
so you think the rate of air being compressed will vary the temp of air charge?
the faster air is being compressed, the higher IAT? :confused:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
actually the main important thing is just cooling system...wat ever machine hot edi also wont run as good...the intercooler makes denser air which denser air has more oxygen for more power
if u wan make ur engine run cool enuf then its no prob 2 run witout intercooler also

changchewsoon

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.viosturbo.com
hi there, the suggestion of running a water/methanol injection is actually a constructive one, be it u're on the drag strip or not. especially if u're not planning to use an intercooler for whatever reasons, such as shorter pipings or to reduce lag.

the design of the intercooler itself will also contributes to the lag, and again if your turbo is properly sized u shouldn't experience any significant turbo lag.

if u have time, please read up this post about water/methanol injection that i posted. i have a unit installed in my car and it does wonders.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
so you think the rate of air being compressed will vary the temp of air charge?
the faster air is being compressed, the higher IAT? :confused:
This is what im trying to find out. Also is there any different in air temp should it be compressed by different device but at the same pressure

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
dera syenie, mayb u should do up ur kancil first as it is already barai at bengkel ann.............

n dun forget to buy the wheel nukel from me.....ekekek
Sabar jang ... in the making ... :smokin: ... ko lupa ker aku hutang member RM2K apa :rofl::rofl::rofl: ... %$$%#%$#$%^ !!!

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

After some research over the net and advise from expert ... they say that with the malaysian climate its safe to boost 0.5bar without an intercooler ...

and regarding the hyundai coupe which is running without intercooler ... i met a friend who use to own one and he told me the freaking radiator is huge ... he was boosting at 1.0 bar ... not only is the radiator huge ... the fan is also fast as hell ... that is according to what he said ...

now main question is .. has anybody here done BOT without intercooler ???

Bro HKS - thx for the post ... ive checked with DPengineering and the kits are for 1.6 and 2.0 peuget 206s ...

none made for 206 1.4 ... :bawling:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Bro HKS - thx for the post ... ive checked with DPengineering and the kits are for 1.6 and 2.0 peuget 206s ...

none made for 206 1.4 ... :bawling:
cry so early one.. yur malaysia boleh spirit where gone? :smokin:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Put ice in your intake box. They do this also at drag race.
But, err... u need to carry a small freezer in your car.. then stop every 10km to replenish the ice.

panjang ensem

Known Member
Jan 23, 2009
dont talk crap here laa syenie, u cant even tapau a stock savvy with the 206 and now u want to bot it???? even a cheap kancil u cant effort to do up after the engine blew more than a year ago and u wayang kaw2 here like u are some modified otai??? hang in laa bro:nurse:

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
dont talk crap here laa syenie, u cant even tapau a stock savvy with the 206 and now u want to bot it???? even a cheap kancil u cant effort to do up after the engine blew more than a year ago and u wayang kaw2 here like u are some modified otai??? hang in laa bro:nurse:
cilaka nyer mamak ... :biggrin: ... jaga ko ... :thefinger:

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

btw ... - panjang is still FAKAP !!! :thefinger:

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

cry so early one.. yur malaysia boleh spirit where gone? :smokin:
Hope is not lost ... hahaha .. consulting Ali pr*dr*g about this ... seems he has a few tricks up his sleeve ... :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Brand?
Price?
Where can get it?
Hows the result?
Can last how many weeks?

Anyone using Zaino or Zymol?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience