eg6/9 vs dc2R

eg9_05

1,000 RPM
Jun 7, 2007
hi...just want to ask can
1.dc2R front lower arm install on eg6/9?
2.dc2R stereng shaft on eg6/9?
3.dc2R crossmember to replace ori eg6/9?

what is the different between both?

thanks for sharing info...

ahxun^^

Known Member
Dec 23, 2007
Everything are same.
Just the size different, if not mistaken.

correct me if im wrong.

eg9_05

1,000 RPM
Jun 7, 2007
......come on can anyone sifu explain in more specified...
as i already know the dc2R antiroll bar size are bigger than the eg...
how about the lower arm,crossmember and stereng shaft?

thanks

eg9_05

1,000 RPM
Jun 7, 2007
over 100+ view.....no 1 dare to share!
...all honda civic owner SLEEPING meh????

ahxun^^

Known Member
Dec 23, 2007
Everything can be fit in nicely, just like buying a dc2 b18 halfcut, everything from that halfcut can be directly transferred to an eg chassis, even the suspension, brakes.
I hope this helps.

eg9_05

1,000 RPM
Jun 7, 2007
Everything can be fit in nicely, just like buying a dc2 b18 halfcut, everything from that halfcut can be directly transferred to an eg chassis, even the suspension, brakes.
I hope this helps.
ahxun thanks for reply...i know everything can transferred to eg.
but i need to know the difference bcos the parts that i listed above looks like same as eg
except the antiroll bar look bigger .......

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
tumpang tanya
how much did u paid for dc2 lower arm?
cos im thinking of changing mine

kent75

Jul 18, 2005
Cheras, KL
ahxun thanks for reply...i know everything can transferred to eg.
but i need to know the difference bcos the parts that i listed above looks like same as eg
except the antiroll bar look bigger .......
Based on my experience, specific part designed to handle the car's body, weight and etc to improve stability. There is no doubt that you can fit almost all chassis part of DC2 into EG's body, but sometimes the part is meant to be too good for certain chassis. For example, installing some aftermarket anti roll bars that is harder than TYPE R into a GSR body may end up causing the arm crack. Knowing your car chassis's potential and limitation is a very important step that cant be missed before proceed with any modification.

There's a very good example too on absorber. Eg's absorber is designed to support EG's weight, length and etc. If we are installing EG's absorber into a DC2, in fact it's not so suitable that resulting too low or too harsh on a DC2.

As a conclusion, study more on your own ride's specification and understand your need. Don't end up modify something that you don't like and force yourself to cope with it especially absorber.

Hope this help.

testpower

Known Member
Nov 29, 2006
1.dc2R front lower arm install on eg6/9?
- just plug n play, coz it's also sr3 code.

2.dc2R stereng shaft on eg6/9?
- just a little bit mod.

3.dc2R crossmember to replace ori eg6/9?
- also plug n play... no mod

FYI : dc2 type r crossmember (include lower arm, antiroll bar, steering rack) also can put on EK chasis.

nates_GTR

Known Member
Aug 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i have done full conversion of b18cR on my eg. Everything works better. The suspension is better. The beefier anti roll bar from dc2 will increase your cornering. Even try a full tank at sepang until it dry out. Really good even with stock dc2 susp. but of course i give my ride a full slick.

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
i think everything from DC2R can be fitted into the EG with no problem..and would work quite well

but its best you get an adjustable hi lo soft hard absorber to tune it with
i've done a full conversion from dc2 gsr into egbody...so far im happy with most of the thing..except for the suspension..hoping to save enough money to change a good absorber soon

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, im planning tu buy a new car yet could decide upon which one.would be best if anyone in the forum could give me a little help here.

Im planning to buy honda civic 2.0 model 2011 but it seem now they are not selling any new stock for model 2011 anymore and im not fond to look for used car since i dont want to risk paying for other ppl problems later on with constantly semding the car for maintenance. Since they dont sell new civic 2.0 inthe market anymore, so iam also looking on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience