Magnitude 7.9 earthquake strikes Indonesia...

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
JAKARTA, Indonesia (CNN) -- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.6 struck Indonesia on Wednesday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The quake was recorded about 33 miles from Padang, the capital city of West Sumatra, which is home to more than 800,000 people.

Several buildings were damaged, Metro TV reported. People were seen running out of their homes and toward the hills.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration issued a tsunami watch for Indonesia, India, Thailand and Malaysia.

NOAA could not immediately say whether the quake generated a tsunami, but such advisories are issued when a quake has the potential to cause one.

On Tuesday, a magnitude 8.0 quake -triggered tsunami killed at least 84 in the Samoan islands and Tonga.

source:CNN.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i did feel it...around 5pm to 6pm...im surfing zth that time...suddenly feel dizzy and a little shaky...

and the whole peninsular m'sia can feel it...

more info here
M7.6 – Southern Sumatra, Indonesia

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
Tsunami happened again.....damn....:banghead::banghead:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
7.45pm awani & 8pm AEC got cover this news

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
some of my friends who were working had to run down many floors from their offices... :listen:

Harv

Known Member
Nov 15, 2008
I slept through the quake.. just great! Only found out when 9/10 news feeds on my facebook was all about the earthquake..hehe

passo123

1,000 RPM
Aug 3, 2007
putrajaya/sban
my head feel dizzy during the quake....haha..i live 7th floor putrajaya apartment...my fren from that work in japan told me people should stay under a table with cellphone and a bottle of water if any shake happen there...is that true?:stupid:

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
my head feel dizzy too but not the quake is the beer.:rofl:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
passo123,
yes, that's the regular practise for quakes. I didn't search up why we should do that but I supposed the table will be somewhat a 'shelter' from your collapsing home/building. Cell phone is for contact purpose when you're trapped under the table under the rubble. Water is for survival. This is what I'm guessing based on general logic.

I was on 8th floor of my building and even the plants on the table were swaying. I guess all this natural disasters is probably caused by human's ignorance to nature? Or is it global warming? or whatever?

passo123

1,000 RPM
Aug 3, 2007
putrajaya/sban
passo123,
yes, that's the regular practise for quakes. I didn't search up why we should do that but I supposed the table will be somewhat a 'shelter' from your collapsing home/building. Cell phone is for contact purpose when you're trapped under the table under the rubble. Water is for survival. This is what I'm guessing based on general logic.

I was on 8th floor of my building and even the plants on the table were swaying. I guess all this natural disasters is probably caused by human's ignorance to nature? Or is it global warming? or whatever?
hait....agree wit u dude..lucky that we in malaysia....:smokin:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
it's funny...i am always never able to feel the quakes.... yesterday i was in bangsar.... no feeling also!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
My office light just flickers for a while and yesterday night till this morning. internet connection was sloppy...due to the quake?

Harv

Known Member
Nov 15, 2008
My office light just flickers for a while and yesterday night till this morning. internet connection was sloppy...due to the quake?
bro, connection in malaysia is forever sloppy .. :rofl::rofl: One earthquake can totally cut off our speed hell like crazy..
seriously Najib if ur on ZTH :biggrin:, we need our connection to boost up its capability .. U.K and Korea are planning for a 100MBps next year .. currently running at 24mbps and korea is running at 43Mbps.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

my head feel dizzy during the quake....haha..i live 7th floor putrajaya apartment...my fren from that work in japan told me people should stay under a table with cellphone and a bottle of water if any shake happen there...is that true?:stupid:
Japan should practice using concrete or carbon fibre work desk already if its their ultimate dependence during a quake.. kekeke. summore carbon fibre light weight ...carry the table while you evacuate ..if to late just camp at a position and hide underneath. hehe

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
i read in STar papers today one of the apartments for hospital staff in KL got cracks... scary man... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this morning my fren found that his car is gone when he going to work.....he suspect car get stolen by midnight.....his car is wira special edition black colour..wif engine 1.8 twin cam..16 sport rim..others all standard...location car stolen is sg.buloh new village...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience