Suzuki Swift vs Suzuki Swift Sport

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
i wouldn't dare to play with scooby if i'm you.. hehe... wow... your car really low profile arr... no bov, no bodykit, nothing... what type of muffler are you using then?

besides all the cars that you mentioned, other cars cannot poke meh?

sigh... no point comparing actually.... it's just a small car with very good handling.. thats all... tsuchiya can play with rx7 and R34 gtr with his oldschool AE86 also la... hehe
the rest have to depend on driver already.... EVO and STi still can't touch them.... FD2R abit difficult... RX8 any time tar bao.. GTR dun think about it..... S2K also can't touch them... RX7 dun think about it....

you watch too much Initial D already :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
the rest have to depend on driver already.... EVO and STi still can't touch them.... FD2R abit difficult... RX8 any time tar bao.. GTR dun think about it..... S2K also can't touch them... RX7 dun think about it....

you watch too much Initial D already :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

sorry ar friend... i'm not really into AE86.... i prefer Wangan Midnight over Initial D... hehehe.... I saw 'Hot Version' from youtube. That's why I mentioned Tsuchiya.. hehe.. btw, is RX8 really that slow? I never really encountered any aggressive RX8 before...

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
Kenken

I'm using no brand stock look universal muffler 2.5" in/out :biggrin:
Had u got your car?

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
sorry ar friend... i'm not really into AE86.... i prefer Wangan Midnight over Initial D... hehehe.... I saw 'Hot Version' from youtube. That's why I mentioned Tsuchiya.. hehe.. btw, is RX8 really that slow? I never really encountered any aggressive RX8 before...

mind if i join in the conversation? haha...actually rx8 aint really that slow, its just that the ones here are mostly auto. The manual ones are pretty quick but it really depends on your definition of fast. autos 0-100 abt 7s+, manual ones will take about 6s. They are not exactly very fast off the line but i heard their mid to high end are not to be taken lightly. Due to the nature of rotary's high revving and the rx8's curvy streamline body and its FR layout...they have pretty good top speed despite their small "capacity" of 1300cc which is 2 650cc rotary...in actual fact, the output from this rotary is double that of a normal inline engine...so effectively it is ard 2600cc...

Last edited:

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
there are 2 version of RX8. one is low power which on paper is about 200bhp but seriously i dun feel that they got 200bhp.... some dyno only about 150 or 160 on wheel...
the other version is high power version rx8 is quite fast which is about 280bhp on paper... but is rare on road... look out for their blue brake calliper.

the big problem with rx8 is the cooling design of the engine. the car over heat pretty easy due rotary engine produce huge amount of heat and wear and tear. rotary engine actual fact you should multiply by 3 sue to the 3 phase of the engine. so if the 1.3 u need multiply by 3 which is 3.9L

I ever encounter a RX7 tar bao my friend's Nissan Skyline R33 at the speed of 280km/hr..... estimate the rx7 is having at least 800 bhp...

there is a rx8 in sg which is super claim pushing 300 over horse on wheel which only did 2m49s in SIC.... they make a big fuss that they are fast...... the thing i hate most of sg rx8 driver is they will think :stupid::stupid: their is super car and look down on other car :mad::mad: where most of them doesn't even know how to drive.:biggrin::biggrin:

ultimate is still the driver that matter regardless of which car you drive :burnout:

swift sport is not a very fast car but overall is a good handling car with a reasonable price tag. i believe you will not be able to get a new car with the handling which swift sport had.

so learn to :driver: before you ever think of comment on other cars....

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
as quoted from wikipedia: "National agencies that tax automobiles according to displacement and regulatory bodies in automobile racing variously consider the Wankel engine to be equivalent to a four-stroke engine of 1.5 to 2 times the displacement; some racing sanctioning bodies ban it altogether." ....do a search on wankel rotary engine.

Anyway im not really such a huge fan of rotary engines so im not sure about exact specs and their history but if my memory didnt fail me, the 2 version is 200hp and 240hp... Personally i have only sat in one which is auto and mildly modded, i could say it actually feels "normal" and slightly faster than normal 2L family sedan and most of the rx8 owners in Singapore buy the car for its looks only and not so concerned about its performance, for those real hardcore petrol heads, they would have gone for best bang for buck wrx and those with higher budget would have gotten either the STIs or EVOs.

i've driven my friend's stock SSS once, indeed the car feels great with punchy engine and good low end torque probably due to its close ratio gearbox. i bet it'd be pretty fun to bring it for a few rounds at the track.

ps: i've heard from a friend that one his friend had the rx8 engine sent to japan and tuned by RE-Amemiya and after it got back, the rx8 could do 0-100 in less than 5s, faster than the supercharged rx8 in the same group.. and i do agree that the driver's skill is definately more important than the car itself...

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
Kenken

I'm using no brand stock look universal muffler 2.5" in/out :biggrin:
Had u got your car?
believe or not... this is my third week waiting for the car to be delivered.. loan ok already... just need to wait for the car to arrive from KL and to be inspected and registration.. sigh....

mind if i join in the conversation? haha...actually rx8 aint really that slow, its just that the ones here are mostly auto. The manual ones are pretty quick but it really depends on your definition of fast. autos 0-100 abt 7s+, manual ones will take about 6s. They are not exactly very fast off the line but i heard their mid to high end are not to be taken lightly. Due to the nature of rotary's high revving and the rx8's curvy streamline body and its FR layout...they have pretty good top speed despite their small "capacity" of 1300cc which is 2 650cc rotary...in actual fact, the output from this rotary is double that of a normal inline engine...so effectively it is ard 2600cc...
yeah... i think its the auto trans that slows down the car la... i heard from my mech(who does a number of old school rotary powered cars) that RX8 needs to upgrade its ecu, i think he means standalone la.. coz he's a "PROTECH" support.. I love Mazdas too, I'm still driving my Mazda now until my new SSS arrives.. hehe
* PROTECH is a local made standalone ecu

there are 2 version of RX8. one is low power which on paper is about 200bhp but seriously i dun feel that they got 200bhp.... some dyno only about 150 or 160 on wheel...
the other version is high power version rx8 is quite fast which is about 280bhp on paper... but is rare on road... look out for their blue brake calliper.

the big problem with rx8 is the cooling design of the engine. the car over heat pretty easy due rotary engine produce huge amount of heat and wear and tear. rotary engine actual fact you should multiply by 3 sue to the 3 phase of the engine. so if the 1.3 u need multiply by 3 which is 3.9L

I ever encounter a RX7 tar bao my friend's Nissan Skyline R33 at the speed of 280km/hr..... estimate the rx7 is having at least 800 bhp...

there is a rx8 in sg which is super claim pushing 300 over horse on wheel which only did 2m49s in SIC.... they make a big fuss that they are fast...... the thing i hate most of sg rx8 driver is they will think :stupid::stupid: their is super car and look down on other car :mad::mad: where most of them doesn't even know how to drive.:biggrin::biggrin:

ultimate is still the driver that matter regardless of which car you drive :burnout:

swift sport is not a very fast car but overall is a good handling car with a reasonable price tag. i believe you will not be able to get a new car with the handling which swift sport had.

so learn to :driver: before you ever think of comment on other cars....
i think you're talking bout the RX8 type s with 6 speed transmission is it? RX8 has too much specs and confused a lot of us.. As for the blue calipers, I only see Endless.. hehehe... Cooling has always been an issue for rotary engines..... until now still the same... but I love the sound produced by rotaries...:biggrin:

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
believe or not... this is my third week waiting for the car to be delivered.. loan ok already... just need to wait for the car to arrive from KL and to be inspected and registration.. sigh....
Swift sport is CBU import from Japan.... most likely you need to wait for it....
hmm.... hope you can get your car b4 the TT....

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
kenken: hope you get ur car soon and remember to share pics of your car with us

oinkoink: i havent seen any rx8 with blue calipers but i do know that the manual and auto version comes with different specs...the 6speed manual comes with bigger brake rotors and calipers i think..

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
the calliper is blue with RX8 engrave...

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

HowStuffWorks "How Rotary Engines Work"
thanks for the link... helps alot of people... seriously i never see rx8 with blue calipers before....

Swift sport is CBU import from Japan.... most likely you need to wait for it....
hmm.... hope you can get your car b4 the TT....
bad news.. have to wait till next week... if i still cant get the car by next week, i probably will fxxx them upside down...

oinkoink: i havent seen any rx8 with blue calipers but i do know that the manual and auto version comes with different specs...the 6speed manual comes with bigger brake rotors and calipers i think..
hahaha.... stock car also wanna share photos?? heheh ok la... i will take some nice photos for you...hehehhe....

raptorie54

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
tokyo autolink
Visit site
i heard stock FD2R can beat stock evo & scooby at high speed corners in SIC. FD2R is 1 serious FF car. imagine a FF car can push those 4WDt to their limit at cornering.

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore

i only seen once.... is very rare...

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

i heard stock FD2R can beat stock evo & scooby at high speed corners in SIC. FD2R is 1 serious FF car. imagine a FF car can push those 4WDt to their limit at cornering.

FD2R is a car that is built for track.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
think it depends alot on skill of the driver, although the fd2r is equipped with LSD, i doubt its better than the SAYC of the evo in cornering though im not 100% sure..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Open advertising markets overseas makes for very interesting viewing especially in regards to automotive ads. For one thing, it definitely adds some spice compared to the local ads we get with a certain car going up against the dreaded ‘Competitor-X.’

The last major one we saw ended with Mini being handed their petite ass’s on a fine piece of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience