Suzuki Swift vs Suzuki Swift Sport

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
try dig deeper into tsd website... they got 2l kit for m16a la.. hehe

if can play with stock fd2r is good enough d la... wow... oink... you're kinda famous in swiftclubsg.com worr... hehe i think i'll gonna copy your style also la.. hehe getting my car soon d.. hehe

alv

Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Bud

I drive a SSS Manual too. Totally agree with everything you say.

This car is a complete package. Love it!!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention about the wonderful short throw gear-shifting...that's a Joystick for you!
And since I've been mentioning all the good stuff, here are some cons about the car too:

The sound system is OK...but could do with a USB/ipod connection.
The driver's power window could have been 'one touch'.
No hooks to be found for all your ta-pau moments. - any suggestions?
Could be a little tiring for your eyes when you go long long distance at max out speed. - don't expect a long wheelbase car feel.
An additional 15 to 25 bhp wouldn't hurt, that'll be just great! - then can fight fight with cooper S, I guess for that you'll have to go supercharged and some serious weight lightening exercise.

Well that's just being petty....now go enjoy your drive!

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
does any1 carry R's Racing Service products in Singapore?

yes... but you can try to talk to ST wangan in sunway. they have some R's product over there and can bring in some for you if you are interested. If you wish to come to sg for installation i can help you link up as well.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Oh yeah, forgot to mention about the wonderful short throw gear-shifting...that's a Joystick for you!
And since I've been mentioning all the good stuff, here are some cons about the car too:

The sound system is OK...but could do with a USB/ipod connection.
The driver's power window could have been 'one touch'.
No hooks to be found for all your ta-pau moments. - any suggestions?
Could be a little tiring for your eyes when you go long long distance at max out speed. - don't expect a long wheelbase car feel.
An additional 15 to 25 bhp wouldn't hurt, that'll be just great! - then can fight fight with cooper S, I guess for that you'll have to go supercharged and some serious weight lightening exercise.

Well that's just being petty....now go enjoy your drive!
i tot there is a tow hook in the tire repair kits?

the passager behind will feel shitzzz.. hahaha
i had push out about 15whp from stock till now.... pushing 25whp require high cams.

currently doing at 129whp and about 15kg torq.

one of my friend did 2m45s in SIC recently while i did 2m54s... his car is seriously ligthen.......

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
i totally agreed. that chassis of sss is concerntrated for total handling. i think it still handles gud up to 160whp. anything above 160whp will end up only for straight line. moreover, is ff car n its lightweight. incredible power will coz understeer n will lost the fun of the car.

my next project will be greddy easy cam. any1 from malaysia or singapore tried this cam?
yes... but you can try to talk to ST wangan in sunway. they have some R's product over there and can bring in some for you if you are interested. If you wish to come to sg for installation i can help you link up as well.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

i tot there is a tow hook in the tire repair kits?

the passager behind will feel shitzzz.. hahaha
i had push out about 15whp from stock till now.... pushing 25whp require high cams.

currently doing at 129whp and about 15kg torq.

one of my friend did 2m45s in SIC recently while i did 2m54s... his car is seriously ligthen.......

st wangan not very cheap..... but im not sure if compared to s'pore la...

hehe so is 129whp good enough for normal daily use? or still need to horsies? hehe.. btw, fully stock zc31s wheel hp is around 100 right? how bout the torque?

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore

hehe so is 129whp good enough for normal daily use? or still need to horsies? hehe.. btw, fully stock zc31s wheel hp is around 100 right? how bout the torque?
about 12-13 kg is less then 100 whp.. about 95-98whp.

daily road drive is more then enough... but need more horse for faster timing on track.

sg is more expensive i can tell you....

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com

you should enjoy and master the swift sport before start to mod it.... :burnout:

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
you should enjoy and master the swift sport before start to mod it.... :burnout:
agree with that... if you dun know how to drive a stock car, what make you think you can drive better with a modify car? learn to drive the stock car first before thinking of any modify to be done...

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
true enough... for now i'm just gathering info... and learning only since i haven't even get my car yet.. hehe.... actually now I'm driving a 1.8l N/A car, I'm jut too worried that the SSS isn't as fast as my current car... due to smaller displacement.... hehehe... thank you sifu... :)

btw, pickup can play with myvi or not? i mean first gear can leave myvi or not? coz my 1.8l can't.. hehehe

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
true enough... for now i'm just gathering info... and learning only since i haven't even get my car yet.. hehe.... actually now I'm driving a 1.8l N/A car, I'm jut too worried that the SSS isn't as fast as my current car... due to smaller displacement.... hehehe... thank you sifu... :)

btw, pickup can play with myvi or not? i mean first gear can leave myvi or not? coz my 1.8l can't.. hehehe
Why not with the shorter gear? :creep:

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
Why not with the shorter gear? :creep:
you mean the acceleration is much much better coz of the gear ratio?? oh..... i was busy thinking bout engine and stuff.. hehehe thanks for the tip.. hehe

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
you mean the acceleration is much much better coz of the gear ratio?? oh..... i was busy thinking bout engine and stuff.. hehehe thanks for the tip.. hehe
i think he mean short shifter instead of close ratio....
swift sport MT gearbox is already close ratio....

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
i'm not that skillful in shifting fast...... so does short shifter really help that much? hehe... or maybe dfx was talking bout the shorter gear ratio of SSS can accelerate better than myvi?

myvi really not bad..... and i tested a kenari with k3vet... damn fast even with stock exhaust system(for ej-de)...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

There are a few friends of mine who are interested to learn automotive engineering/technology. They said they're interested to work in a tuner shop or motorsports team someday. Any local college/university that you guys can recommend? :smokin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience