Suzuki Swift vs Suzuki Swift Sport

alv

Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi there,
Stumbled on this forum and I happen to be driving a manual SSS. Good that you've chosen to buy the Swift Sport, I hope you went for the manual version. Real driving enthusiast only drive manual cause you want total control and total fun! If you want an auto drive, just go get the 1.5

I have so far clocked in about 5k km and can share some of my experiences.
There are huge differences between the swift 1.5 and the swift sport 1.6, to begin with the SSS's chassis is different. Just open the hood and compare the welding, you'll see the ones that come from Japan uses the latest in welding robotics, its zig zag pattern it seems increases strength and stiffness and you can feel the diff when you drive it.

The high revving 1.6 engine is the same as the ones they use to modify for the JWRC races. So it's highly tunable and you'd expect a much more robust and reliable engine and gearbox.
To really enjoy the SSS's drive, you have to go beyond 4000 rpm, that's when you experience the pure joy of driving an SSS, the perfect combination of power, handling and speed all working together. You'll know it when you get yours. Just think of it as a high revving motorbike engine (think Suzuki Hayabusa....haha)

This car is made not to be the fastest drag car around, it's about fun and handling all with a sense of confidence and safety (6 airbags, actually 8 points). But don't get me wrong, this car is quick... depends on how heavy your right foot is. The dunlop tyres on the car are high end ones, so don't go changing it until you've had some fun.

To me this is the best fun you can get on the road per cc or even per ringgit and I mean only the manual version. Hell, according to the 'infamous' Jeremy Clarkson, it drives even better than the mini and cost a lot less. You won't regret this buy.

Be safe, be alert....have fun!

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
JWRC engine is different from this engine... JWRC have a shorter stroke and a biggger bore. the shorter stroke you had the higher rev the engine can go....
JWRC is producing 200 over bhp on 1.6 engine with rev limit of 9k. dun expect this engine to do the same.......

swift sport is a good handling car but under power....... if you are able to bring the power to 140-160 whp will be great car for time attack for 1.6l

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
there are people doing below 2m50s in sepang with 1.6 NA about 120 whp... if have about 10-20 more whp doing time near to 2m40s is possible.. which can be on par with quite a number of honda b16a and some wrx.. i am hoping i am able to do 2m50s with current setup with proper tuning.

anybody here track with sss in SIC here?

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

tot you always want more power??? :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

still remember those days where not much sss and aftermarket part.... :biggrin::biggrin:
only thing to play around is RnD and DIY with all funny funny ideas....

all slow like :slug::slug:
I need power to reach the next traffic light fast so i can take pole position :ridinghorse:

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

t/c or s/c not much difference la... you still need to custom alot of parts unless you buy the s/c or t/c kit from japan/taiwan.

n/a is good la.. but expensive and no parts in m'sia? especially in ipoh....
I think good TC setup are more ex

1. JE forge piston
2. Eagle forge conrod
3. ARP head stud
4. RS cams
5. Garrett GT25
6. ARC intercooler
7. Blitz BOV
8. Walbro fuel pump
9. 550cc injectors
10. Sard fuel regulator
11. Fuel return line
12. Fuel rail
13. Custom header (usually cost more ex than NA)

Forget abt the HKS kit
Nothing fancy, esp the way it run its piping
The only attractive is its GT25 turbo
ZC31S @ 0.6b it does 208bhp takenote its not whp hor...
Entry level @ 0.3b it does 176bhp again takenote its not whp hor..
http://www.hks-power.co.jp/db/product/files/11001-AS001_003/11001-AS001_003.pdf

I suggest dont waste money on that lah
Total waste of time and effort

If want play turbo go custom
Find a good workshop and start from there

Or if u want invest good TC setup
Better still invest in NA!

Last edited:

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
alv : thanks for the your opinion... its really a fun.. i know...

oinkoink : 160whp N/A requires a lot of mods..... not easy.. have you ever thought of doing pp and itb?

dfx16 : wah... that list of mod is a 'complete' bolt on turbo.... malaysians do things in simple way.. bolt on turbo also very simple.... for ex:
(1) turbocharger
(2) banana
(3) injectors
(4) bov
(5) fuel pump
(6) safc
(7) intercooler and pipings (sometimes not even intercooled)

btw, this is just example only...... i'm just trying to tell that here... bot can be as simple as this... hehe.. and risky also la..

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
kenken... i tot you are checking out the NA mod fr T-R?
You may also want to check out the TSD 1900cc NA Swift mod with 160bhp...

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
koh : im still learning mar... see which side is better mar..... boosted or not boosted... hehe.. .t-r doesnt really give a very clear explanation bout his products.. giving me alot of question marks...

tsd is way over budget la.... sigh.. i ngam ngam can afford this car only... gave up all my savings d...

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

tsd is 13k right?

raptorie54

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
tokyo autolink
Visit site
Greddy cams is a very mild cams not even 0.5 stage... give quite a bit of improve between 3-5k but after that nothing much.... is only 256 deg cams..... price wise i find its not worth it cost about 1.2-1.5k sgd with just the cams... give about 8-10bhp increase. the only good thing is you do not require a standalone to run this cams. installation will be cheaper since no need to change anything else just the cams.

Rrp's cams is better 264 deg give you increase from 4k-8k rpm.... it cost about 3k sgd with all the valves, valve spring, cams, gasket to raise compression to 11.6, retianer or so call valve seat. this cams give about 15bhp increase. require standalone or send the ECU back to japan for reflash. my advice is go for standlone like mircotech LT10s or haltech 1000. installatino will be more expensive since you need to reset almost everything for the head.

cost of sending the ecu back to japan reflash is about 1.5k sgd... so not much different from LT10s or Haltech1000.

my project next year will be monster piston 12.2 compression, rrp's 264 deg cams with all valve spring and valve change. next project in line will be customize intake manifold with 64-70mm cable throttle body.
wow....the Rrp's cam sounds sweet!!! are they selling in singapore?

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Hi there,
Stumbled on this forum and I happen to be driving a manual SSS. Good that you've chosen to buy the Swift Sport, I hope you went for the manual version. Real driving enthusiast only drive manual cause you want total control and total fun! If you want an auto drive, just go get the 1.5

There are huge differences between the swift 1.5 and the swift sport 1.6, to begin with the SSS's chassis is different. Just open the hood and compare the welding, you'll see the ones that come from Japan uses the latest in welding robotics, its zig zag pattern it seems increases strength and stiffness and you can feel the diff when you drive it.

The high revving 1.6 engine is the same as the ones they use to modify for the JWRC races. So it's highly tunable and you'd expect a much more robust and reliable engine and gearbox.
To really enjoy the SSS's drive, you have to go beyond 4000 rpm, that's when you experience the pure joy of driving an SSS, the perfect combination of power, handling and speed all working together. You'll know it when you get yours. Just think of it as a high revving motorbike engine (think Suzuki Hayabusa....haha)

This car is made not to be the fastest drag car around, it's about fun and handling all with a sense of confidence and safety (6 airbags, actually 8 points). But don't get me wrong, this car is quick... depends on how heavy your right foot is. The dunlop tyres on the car are high end ones, so don't go changing it until you've had some fun.

To me this is the best fun you can get on the road per cc or even per ringgit and I mean only the manual version. Hell, according to the 'infamous' Jeremy Clarkson, it drives even better than the mini and cost a lot less. You won't regret this buy.

well said..... we can easily find videos or articles thru websites talking abt how outstanding is this sss. even some extreme comparison with higher class performance car. summary is sss is an all round kicker. power is not the only point to become winner. for example bugatti veron has the most power (1000hp) in this planet but it is not the nurburgring record holder. nurburgring lap-time records:- Nürburgring lap times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

vyruzj

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Haha... i see some SCM members here n oso some from Sg... Me drive SSS MT white :)

60k kms liao still stock... hehe no budget to mod... not much major issue.. only got minor sound problem coming from the rear.

Great handling and yea... abit underpowered, but i still love it! ;)

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
Haha... i see some SCM members here n oso some from Sg... Me drive SSS MT white :)

60k kms liao still stock... hehe no budget to mod... not much major issue.. only got minor sound problem coming from the rear.

Great handling and yea... abit underpowered, but i still love it! ;)
haha... welcome to ZTH.... recently there are lots of ppl buying swift... our family is growing... :biggrin:

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
wow.. alot of sss also ar.. i wonder how much sss are there in malaysia....

opp61

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
Hi there,

Bud

I drive a SSS Manual too. Totally agree with everything you say.

This car is a complete package. Love it!!

ckyee22

Mar 14, 2009
everytime overtaking 2.0cc normal NA car in corner..SSS give me so much fun..:proud:
some of the normal 2.0 cc car try to bully small car like SSS, but at the end ..end up eat dust in corner....:aetsch:

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
haha..... sss can go 2l also mar

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to share some pictures of some Extreme Engine Mods....
All from Tom Yam Land....

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience