GC8 in town?!?!

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
Hi all ,

anyone know if there is any gc8 sti for sale?!?! my friend is looking for one , already has cash on hand if can find a good condition one.

thanks

turb0

1,500 RPM
Oct 22, 2005
Penang
www.kenshiro.lelong.com.my
hard to find this pis of metal..
u just like digging for a gold in desert.
GC8,once in a while got info in my car list.
if you want to get update,feel free to msg me at 013-4300386

limfk7

Known Member
Feb 18, 2006
PENANG % KEDAH
additional info

his spec
gc8 for sale
year 1993 or 1994 (not sure)
fully convert ver3 sti
new timing belt set
drive shaft jus change
new excedy clucth
top just over hauled (by AE)
adjustable suspension
price 55k nego
(loan arrange urself)
seldom drive low mileage
He live in alor setar

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
that is soo far away , for some reason i cant register/log into mysubaru forum

so thats all guys? no ver 5 or what for sale? =\

So i guess spare parts for the gc8 is worse if the car ever breaks down or gets involve in a crash?

i'm looking to build a fun track car . pls let me know your opinion

limfk7

Known Member
Feb 18, 2006
PENANG % KEDAH
1)not really all the engine part were easy because u can hybrid your engine like V5 using V9 or V8 block is compatible even head(no issues) But if you wanted AVCS u need a standalone ecu. Like mine Ej20K with V9 block. But the airflow sensor very easy to spoil careful with that(cost me brand new from MI about RM1850(better fit aftermarket ecu by using map sensor alternate then the Air flow sensor)).
2)The under carriage bushes superpro , whiteline and hardrace got it all
3) only the rubber(trunk door rubber seal) and glass are very difficult find in malaysia(last time i ask windscreen MI charge about RM3950 without labor charge and the side window cost RM 1530)
4) bodykit can be customized right so that should be a problem
5) Door panel some time(very rare) can find in the chop shop door panel instrumental panel can customized right so that should be a problem(but for track car i think u will strip everything right?).
6) most of chop shop are normally keep later version used part like GDA and GDB.
7) for most of the wear and tear part, aftermarket has it all.
8) gas tank i think mun lee still have a few.

Any others thing u wanted ask?

Hope this help u :)

Last edited:

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
limfk , wow sounds good to see the aftermarket support

ok tuning , then any reputable boxer engine tuner?

and last of all are all the gc8 in malaysia wrx'es ? none are real sti?

cause i think the biggest concern of a track car , sure bang so have to get parts support assitance or blown engine hmmm

limfk7

Known Member
Feb 18, 2006
PENANG % KEDAH
limfk , wow sounds good to see the aftermarket support

ok tuning , then any reputable boxer engine tuner?

and last of all are all the gc8 in malaysia wrx'es ? none are real sti?

cause i think the biggest concern of a track car , sure bang so have to get parts support assitance or blown engine hmmm
Some are real sti some are not and some are uk and aus spec sti(but currenlty for sale are normally wrx convert sti). Sti and wrx using same body
Actually no much different if your really wanted made track car. Sti gc8 got forger internal bigger turbo different suspension some mounting and ecu and back pink REAR ADJUSTABLE ARM, larger abit injector. also la some interior different just abit and with the DCCD control.

You sure is change to bigger turbo use aftermarket ecu and more harder suspension or maybe change internal right? Only the for the DCCD control, but u got money sure u can change later GDB 6 speed with DCCD right?

For the tuner list:-
LMY AUTO
AE
RS
Edge tuning (singapore) My personal favorite la. They many spare part and treat me very good.
this what i know which is good tuner for subaru.

zachdelarocha

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Hi, can anybody please explain more on the difference between an STi and a WRX?
I've been looking for some GC8 and i found some really dodgy sellers who claimed that their scoob is a converted Type-RA, converted to STi, converted to version 5 and so forth..

I've googled on this a little bit and i have some facts with me but the thing is when i view the car, i did not know how to differentiate the specs as i have not seen most of the engine parts. For example, how do i know a 6 speed gearbox from sight? Suspension wise, they are exchangeable between STi and WRX no? So, how do i know if the owner has changed the suspension to a STi set and claimed that the whole car is an original STi? Oh man, this is tough.

I also noted that the intake manifold for the STi is red. The other day at Sunway, the seller just told me "Aiyah, manifold only mar..can change wan la...dont worry..See the badge behind, STi mah!" sigh..

Also, i do not know how to differentiate the injectors sizes as i have never seen a WRX injectors. What about the ECU? What is the code?The same goes to the turbo. It takes an owner to tell the difference. Forged internals are not visible to the eyes too! Oh this is frustrating..I'm so confused.

I dont wanna be deceived into buying what i dont intend to have, like many buyers and forummers here. Can anyone give me and other users some head-ups? I plan to get someone who has some practical knowledge to accompany me to view some GC8s but i don't have any scooby owner friends.

I have also registered with mysubaruclub.com but for some strange reasons i could not log in to the site. Anyone can help me with this? I'm gonna check out another GC8 tomorrow evening and i'm still confused now. Guess i'll just list down all the parts he has and post it up here for you fellow forummers to verify.

Thank you.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
check chassis, vin plate

wrx intercooler normally is in black color, sti is stainless steel(silver color)

sti got power steering oil cooler, wrx tiada

GC8 only got 5speeds, no 6 speeds unless modified.

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ

zachdelarocha

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Why thank you huakenny and jester for the quick response:)
I'll check out the link provided. Jester, are you formerly known as Fisto?
How do i log in to mysubaruclub?

Anyway, will try to get some vital informations from the owner later this evening.
Thanks a bunch guys..wish me luck lol:):nurse:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
I'm not sure where to post this but I think most DIY members should know better.
I'm looking for this clip which hold Wira's rear number plate frame.
Anyone knows where to get them? I've tried spare part shops and they don't have it.
Where else could I get hold of this? Thanks.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience