fuel regulator

zakie

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
fuel regulator??
hmm... its completed if combination goes like this...
fuel catch tank + external fuel pump + fuel regulator + upgraded fuel rail + upgraded fuel injection.... confirm smooth...... :thefinger:

wasteg4te

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
jb
ok maybe next year.
my car will complete with those items.
heheeh hopefully

Gobbi_21

Known Member
Feb 15, 2007
All sifu .... im currently using 4g91 carb .. all standard ..
im totally new to fuel regulator or fuel pressure regulator ..
im totally confused which to install for my engine ..
i need the best suggestion on the brand and what is the differences of FP & FRP....
going to fix soon to have a better fuel consumption and better driving ..
hope to get the best info
thanks sifu

Bump: All sifu .... im currently using 4g91 carb .. all standard ..
i need the best suggestion on the brand and what is the differences of FP & FRP....
thanks sifu

Wira_lover

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
All sifu .... im currently using 4g91 carb .. all standard ..
thanks sifu

Bump: All sifu .... im currently using 4g91 carb .. all standard ..
thanks sifu
Bro,

Previous Sifu have explained i think on the 2nd page that a carb engine will be pointless using a FPR...insuffiecient pressure.Another thing is also carb engines split the supply of petrol to 4 different runners then into the combustion chamber.Fuel injection cars inject/spray the supply directly into the combustion chamber.

From previous threads ive read,for carb cars,better to upgrade to Walbro fuel pump.Other than that im honestly not so sure i too am only a newbie and i dono much about carbs.

Another thing,if youre looking to save petrol....then you are in a difficult position.Cause only your right foot can save you fuel and also patience.Performance needs fuel.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Bro,

Previous Sifu have explained i think on the 2nd page that a carb engine will be pointless using a FPR...insuffiecient pressure.Another thing is also carb engines split the supply of petrol to 4 different runners then into the combustion chamber.Fuel injection cars inject/spray the supply directly into the combustion chamber.

From previous threads ive read,for carb cars,better to upgrade to Walbro fuel pump.Other than that im honestly not so sure i too am only a newbie and i dono much about carbs.

Another thing,if youre looking to save petrol....then you are in a difficult position.Cause only your right foot can save you fuel and also patience.Performance needs fuel.
for carburetors, it is not recommended to use high pressure fuel pump... hence, increasing ur fuel pressure for carburetor engines is a bad thing... u will flood ur carb as carburetor fuel delivery is through a float inside the carburetor body... (imagine having a toilet flush system inside ur carb)... valve will close when the float reachs a certain level... if u have high pressure fuel pump, it will force open the valve and floods the carburetor...

hence, carburetor engine best to use high flow fuel pumps... CARTER is one of recommended high flow fuel pumps, works best with weber/solex or other performance carburetors....

walbro fuel pump also high pressure... so, not recommended for carburetor engines...

Wira_lover

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
for carburetors, it is not recommended to use high pressure fuel pump... hence, increasing ur fuel pressure for carburetor engines is a bad thing... u will flood ur carb as carburetor fuel delivery is through a float inside the carburetor body... (imagine having a toilet flush system inside ur carb)... valve will close when the float reachs a certain level... if u have high pressure fuel pump, it will force open the valve and floods the carburetor...

hence, carburetor engine best to use high flow fuel pumps... CARTER is one of recommended high flow fuel pumps, works best with weber/solex or other performance carburetors....

walbro fuel pump also high pressure... so, not recommended for carburetor engines...
ohhh, yeah now i get it. Last time i had a Saga Knigt,4g15 carb.now i remember how it applies.Thanks sky.

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
yes...sky is on the dot...also changing fuel rail is important to handle the pressure.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
actually for those running external fuel pumps for the carburettors, they do have fuel regulators which are meant for use just for carbs, but uncommon...dunneed lah....better put the money elsewhere

Bump: actually for those running external fuel pumps for the carburettors, they do have fuel regulators which are meant for use just for carbs, but uncommon...dunneed lah....better put the money elsewhere

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
tumpang tanya to sifu here..
running 1.8mivec with standard 4g93 injector..
what the press needed in idle & also wot..

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
tumpang tanya to sifu here..
running 1.8mivec with standard 4g93 injector..
what the press needed in idle & also wot..
1.8 Mivec 38-42PSI on idle...WOT i think should be around 46psi...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Im lookin for a manual g/box from a 1.5 (M15A) OR 1.6 (M16A) suzuki swift. So if u guys have any info on this, pls share the location/price/condition etc.

Cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience