Need advice: comfortable car seat

ezri

Known Member
Feb 2, 2005
Hi hondarian, i'm driving honda civic sr3 (2 door) using standard seat.

my problem is now the seat not comfortable, need some advice from you guys.

is it better to change the seat, if yes, what is the recommendation.

thanks in advance...

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hi hondarian, i'm driving honda civic sr3 (2 door) using standard seat.

my problem is now the seat not comfortable, need some advice from you guys.

is it better to change the seat, if yes, what is the recommendation.

thanks in advance...

How the un-comfortable feel?

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
try buying euro R recaro... syiok... but will be hard for rear passengers to get in or out :) otherwise SSCUS euro R lookalike not bad oso.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
CF4 seats also nice, as + semi bucket type aka lekalo type. PM amdfaisal for further info.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
If you want good cheap seats, go for a DC2 GSR seat.....cheaper than EG6 ones....no need to modify anything....and same hold as eg6 ones...

ezri

Known Member
Feb 2, 2005
How the un-comfortable feel?
thanks all for the feedback, i'm looking something like a seat that for 2 doors(which means can fold for rear passengers to go in) and soft cushion. i'm not a racer...

uncomfortable which mean the existing is quite hard..langgar lubang, conform sakit perut..

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
thanks all for the feedback, i'm looking something like a seat that for 2 doors(which means can fold for rear passengers to go in) and soft cushion. i'm not a racer...

uncomfortable which mean the existing is quite hard..langgar lubang, conform sakit perut..
Soft cushion? I think DC2 GSR seat, EG6 seat, or even AE92 seat should be nice for you.

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
yeah ...having same car
also my rear seat is so uncomfortable n ugly...
tried to buy the eg6 seat which is suppose to look abit more sporty
but unfortunately...cannt fit...they say have to modify...then i gave up and returned the seat

Bump: opps...talkin bout front seat?
ori front seat not comfy meh?
quite big mah

quite big mah

quite big mah

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
If you're looking for MPV-level comfy seat, then obviously avoid buckets.
Semi buckets are still not up to the mpv-comfy level also. If want spongy, then you'd probably have to recushion the existing one.

For me, even the eg6 seats are not soft, but it's a price I pay for driving a lightweight car. A lightweight car can float easily, so I'd rather have a good feel of the road, rather than having a comfy MPV style seat which is comfy, but can't really have a good feel of the road. Kinda depends what kind of comfort level you're looking for. For some, Recaro's are comfy. For me, they are to a reasonable extent, but definitely for people who drive MPV or heavy cars like Bimmers, Mercs, etc, the comfort level is definitely lacking. Personally, I do feel that lightweight cars should never have too comfy (read: soft) seats because they have more tendency to float and/prone to aquaplaning, which makes it important (at least to me) that the driver is able to feel the traction on the road.

Still, if you swing that way, it's your car.

Sometimes, backache is caused by the way you sit on the car seat, so try changing posture first. Usually that is more likely a culprit than uncomfy seats. Sometimes I wonder how people can drive their car when the seat is 90 deg straight up.

For setting seating position, google can probably direct you to a multitude of websites about proper seating position when driving.

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
like what shiroi said...recushioning the existing one should be enuff
and...with leather finishing or...recaro cloth...depends on your own preference
i dont think eg can be very very comfy...its a low car...not mpv or big sedan car

but for me..im happy with .recaro semi bucket seat

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
try buying euro R recaro... syiok... but will be hard for rear passengers to get in or out :) otherwise SSCUS euro R lookalike not bad oso.
euro r recaro quite comfy but not suitable for 2door cars.........

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm posting on behalf of Rhys. His car was broken into just this morning at 5:00 am. His car was parked inside his house compound.4 Malay guys with full face helmet, wearing jackets and with white gloves smashed his driver side door and took all his Defis & Link Control and SAFC. Those bastard even pop the hood and took the water temp sensor. Luckily his SSQV is still intact. Rhys, watch the whole process in front of his eyes. He shouted at them but them threaten him by hitting metal rod on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience