R34 GTR MFD unit..

S

semperfi

Do u have pics of the defect?If really it becoz of the screen than i can help u and also modded it so u can play movie/video on the MFD itself.

cheers
kaminari,

How do you do it? Do we like need to detach the unit itself?

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
r u planning to sell it? since it seems to be surplus to your requirements? if yes, do pm me the price.. thanks..

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Do u have pics of the defect?If really it becoz of the screen than i can help u and also modded it so u can play movie/video on the MFD itself.

cheers
oh sorry i don't have it. need to re-install to grab a pic.
the LCD screen defect due to hot weather condition i guess..
so what's the solution u suggest?

This is what the defect looks like. I also think that its has something to do with BNR34s parked
underneath the sun for very long period over time here in Malaysia.
I've seen a few with this MFD problem.

*picture taken from here... http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/908846*

rizalaris

Aug 14, 2008
izzit come with the cover of the MFD? if so ,i am interested.
nope, just the unit itself..
Thanks.

Bump:
This is what the defect looks like. I also think that its has something to do with BNR34s parked
underneath the sun for very long period over time here in Malaysia.
I've seen a few with this MFD problem.

*picture taken from here... http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/908846*
Yes, thanks gti88..
It looks exactly like this..

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
it actually costs about 2k only if i remember correctly....
Yeah it's about RM2k when I last checked.

cheers
Bro,

I have the Nismo upgraded MFD but the screen has a line of what seems like dead pixels on the right - it's very thin and doesn't affect anything but if possible I want to get rid of it.

I asked around and the general consensus was that you need to replace the MFD and can't simply swap LCDs.

Can you help?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Got a question for those using the Nismo MFDII on a BNRGTR34, have you guys tried the lap timer function? I thought that it was connected to the button on the gear console, but mine doesn't work. I'm thinking it's improper wiring, but a tad lazy to open up everything to confirm.

Or is the button for another feature entirely?

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
i'm lost.
can tell me where i can find out bout the nismo mfd?
sounds really interesting. :D

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
i'm lost.
can tell me where i can find out bout the nismo mfd?
sounds really interesting. :D
Dude, Nismo MFD is the same as the little monitor inside your GTR, except their software are little different from standard GTR's. Nismo version have extra function like, Lap timer, G-Force measurement, and etc...The best is, when you starts up your car, the LCD displayed both "GTR" and "NISMO" wording at once!

S

semperfi

Nismo mfd abt 2-3k. It's a software bro. Btw, i'm lost! What button on the gear console??? Can someone enlighten me please?

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
eh, where can i get the nismo mfd upgrade?
is it compatible with aftemarket ecu?

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Got a question for those using the Nismo MFDII on a BNRGTR34, have you guys tried the lap timer function? I thought that it was connected to the button on the gear console, but mine doesn't work. I'm thinking it's improper wiring, but a tad lazy to open up everything to confirm.

Or is the button for another feature entirely?
If it`s original package Nismo MFD then the option button will be nearby your gear console.Might be the switch itself damage or miss wiring.Who installed the NISMO MFD for your car?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any one heard of full throttle development(ftd) before?
its at usj area, near goodyear court there

seems like they are proton modding specilalist, and they had tuned many proton cars before
i am thinking to have some mod done there, but before that i would like to have some advice for it
anyone had heard of them before?
hows their workmanship?
are they reliable?
any info about them?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience