What are these meters for

r0yEE

1,500 RPM
Dec 4, 2008
Hey guys, i just want to know the specification on this meters listed below. just to have a sure confirmation.
what is a:
-vacuum meter
-water temp
-oil temp
-oil pressure
-fuel pressure
-air fuel ratio
-exhaust temp
meters for?
please list down the specs too. thankz very much..

r0yEE

1,500 RPM
Dec 4, 2008
what are these meters for?

Hey guys, i just want to know the specification on this meters listed below. just to have a sure confirmation.
what is a:
-vacuum meter
-water temp
-oil temp
-oil pressure
-fuel pressure
-air fuel ratio
-exhaust temp
meters for?
please list down the specs too. thankz very much..

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
Re: what are these meters for?

-vacuum meter - to read vacuum level
-water temp - to read water temperature
-oil temp - to read oil temp
-oil pressure - to read oil pressure
-fuel pressure - to read fuel pressure
-air fuel ratio - to read air fuel ratio
-exhaust temp - to read exhaust temp

:banghead:

r0yEE

1,500 RPM
Dec 4, 2008
uh huh..
what's the vacuum meter for?
water temp for what?
and all of those..
for sure is for the engine's health.. i just want to know it specifically..

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
vacuum is see ur compression in the engine normal or not...erradict compression spells breakdown or piston ring kong...

water temp stended car also got...see radiator in normal temp...too high means radiator gonna blow

oil pressure is oil pressure in the engine lah...dunno how to explain but when u accelerate, ur oil press goes up too....follows the rev n oil circulation...shudn't be too high

oil temp is temperature of the oil...if too hot, means ur driving habit requires u to get an oil cooler

try wikipedia

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
+vacuum meter
A vacuum gauge is to measure the pressure in a vacuum so it's usually presented in (-). A low vacuum reading indicates a leak of vacuum.

+water temp
This gauge is used to monitor your coolant temperature. Also to tell you when your engine reach operating temperature. When a water temp is low all the time, this means that your thermostat might be opening too early (except for those who change them to low temp thermostat) or the water temp sensor is faulty. If temp too high. Thermostat might have stop working, lack coolant or tell you it's time to change to KOYO 3 core radiator.

+oil temp
This is to monitor your oil temperature and tell you when your engine oil is overheating. If oil temp is very high suggest installing an oil cooler to keep oil temp in check.

+oil pressure
This is to monitor the oil pump working condition. If the oil pressure drops too much. This means that oil pump is not working at it should be or there's no oil. If pressure too high it means there's a clog in the oiling system.

+Fuel pressure
see here: http://www.geocities.com/jonnyguru/vw/fpressure.html

+ Air fuel ratio gauge
The function of this meter is to let you know the AF ratio of the car. Similar to EGT gauge.

+Exhaust temp or EGT gauge
Is used to monitor the exhaust gas temperature of a combustion engine in conjunction with a thermocouple type pyrometer. by monitoring EGT, the driver can get an idea of the cars air to fuel ratio. Low temp = rich mixture, high temp = lean mixture.

+Boost meter
Is used to indicates manifold air pressure of turbo
or supercharger boost pressure in an engine. It's also used to ensure excessive pressure is not being generated when boost pressure is being increase to levels higher than OEM standard on a production turbocharged car.

Last edited:

r0yEE

1,500 RPM
Dec 4, 2008
cool..
thankz guys for the info.. now i'm all clear with the meters and gauges...
what's a RSM meter for??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I got quite a few scratches on my car dashboard....damn accessories shop....they leave lots of scratches on my dashboard when i go to install a new HU....it always hurt me seeing those scratches all over the dashboard....anyone got an idea how to get rid of those scratches? Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience