4G13 Carburetor Bolt On Turbo

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
1st of all..u nid to change ur carburator system to injection type. best is MMC wiring n ecu.

yes, when run on lower boost, no need change internal. I just changed to metal gasket 0.8mm running on stock boosting.

intercooler use vr4 small size or gsr ones.

fuel regulator im using aerospeed (dunno whether i need it but i bought it anyway, using 4g92 injectors)

fuel pump no need change

bov u can buy the replica wans

open pod air filter im using apexi dual funnel

turbo - td04l

manifold - custom

boost controller - dun think we need it coz we on stock boosting

boost meter - apexi bf

piping for intercoolers oso u need to custom

n piping exhaust u nid 2.5" from head to tail

i only know u can adjust ur fuel regulator.

anyway, im oso newbie in dis. just got my car dis week. havent fully driven..haha :thefinger:
Hey Chris,...

Do you mind to upload you car engine picture show us about your BOT?

R u drive 4g13 engine as well, cos I'm quite interest to get my ride BOT too. I'm driving WIRA A/B 4g13...

Where did you BOT your ride? I wanna to send my car over to have a check & get more detail on the BOT thing.

Appreciate your prompt reply.

Thanks.:top:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Thanks again Skywalker.

How to tune the air ratio for carburetor? Which part of the car to tune it? Around what ratio does it need? I see sellers such as Klg*uto or Ft*one are selling those parts. I wonder if they could give me some tips here on how to bolt a turbo on a carburetor engine? Klg*uto is selling the bolt on kits for carburetors too. I wonder how it works.

Soyouthinkyoucandrive, thank you for your realistic idea. Indeed it is easier to purchase a better car if I want the power but for now, I just want to install for fun. Somemore, buying a car is not like modifying it. Its not about Proton being reliable or not, but its a hobby. Thats why I am in this Car Modification section.
air fuel ratio is adjusted at the carburetor lor... normal ratio is around 14.6:1 of air:fuel ratio... of coz the ratio varies a little during acceleration, deceleration, cruise, etc...

scorpiod

Known Member
May 28, 2008
Maybe can adjust more fuel in the system? Such as maintaining the fuel at 50% extra than normal one the standard one? Then the engine would have around 50% fuel extra to support the turbo when it spools. Even in lower rpm, the fuel would be more than usual also. Maybe the gear can be shifted at a constant rpm each time?

I have these ideas in my mind. I wonder if they can be applied. If can, it would be a good thing for those people who want to set up a carburetor turbo system.
-Adjusting the fuel more than normal so that when turbo spools, the fuel would be enough.
-Set the boost at a limit so that there would not be a shortage in the fuel when the turbo boost higher.
-Each rpm shift in gears need to be around the same so that the extra fuel would be used.
-Attach one extra external electric fuel pump so when you want to rev to a higher rpm, there is a switch to open and more fuel will flow in. Meaning to say when normal driving around 2-3krpm, only the stock fuel pump is used and when want to have some turbo feel, switch on the external fuel pump so that there would be extra fuel in the system. Can this be applied?

I still need a rough idea about how to adjust the air ratio.

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
how about this one carbie webber with ar60 turbo?

If not mistaken, its difficult to tune turbo on carb engine, but also have oem carb turbo car from daihatsu..

for carb to install turbo can just do basic installation turbo without intercooler and bov.
my 2 cent je..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Maybe can adjust more fuel in the system? Such as maintaining the fuel at 50% extra than normal one the standard one? Then the engine would have around 50% fuel extra to support the turbo when it spools. Even in lower rpm, the fuel would be more than usual also. Maybe the gear can be shifted at a constant rpm each time?

I have these ideas in my mind. I wonder if they can be applied. If can, it would be a good thing for those people who want to set up a carburetor turbo system.
-Adjusting the fuel more than normal so that when turbo spools, the fuel would be enough.
-Set the boost at a limit so that there would not be a shortage in the fuel when the turbo boost higher.
-Each rpm shift in gears need to be around the same so that the extra fuel would be used.
-Attach one extra external electric fuel pump so when you want to rev to a higher rpm, there is a switch to open and more fuel will flow in. Meaning to say when normal driving around 2-3krpm, only the stock fuel pump is used and when want to have some turbo feel, switch on the external fuel pump so that there would be extra fuel in the system. Can this be applied?

I still need a rough idea about how to adjust the air ratio.
- not possible with carburetor as we dont have ECU to control the fuel mapping...
- as long as u're using wastegate, there is a boost limit... yes u need dat...
- this one depends on gearbox ratio.... short ratio gearbox allows u to do this...
- i dont think it is feasible if u manage to make it work....

another sample of suck-thru bot carbie... on single weber dcoe...

scorpiod

Known Member
May 28, 2008
Zamiex, do you know the owners of those carburetor cars? Maybe we can get some tips from them on how to add a turbo on carburetor cars.

Skywalker, suck-through setup is quite dangerous right? Air and fuel that goes inside the turbo. Intercooler and bov could not be used because the intercooler might explode when backfire? Fuel will pass through the intercooler and bov. Fuel that goes into the intercooler might condense inside and stay there. When bov release the pressure, fuel and air are released into the air.

Bump: Yong, i heard of that too but now I just want to add turbo into my car for fun purposes as I am not really into performance.

Bump: Yong, i heard of that too but now I just want to add turbo into my car for fun purposes as I am not really into performance.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Skywalker, suck-through setup is quite dangerous right? Air and fuel that goes inside the turbo. Intercooler and bov could not be used because the intercooler might explode when backfire? Fuel will pass through the intercooler and bov. Fuel that goes into the intercooler might condense inside and stay there. When bov release the pressure, fuel and air are released into the air.
yeap... datz why alwiz go for fuel injection only think of bolt on turbo...

scorpiod

Known Member
May 28, 2008
There is a blow-through setup available too right? The blow-through setup is shown by Zamiex in those pictures. Why others can set up a blow-through setup in a carburetor system? Maybe there are secrets in it. If we can dig out the recipe to bolt turbo on carburetor engines, it would be awesome. There are lots of turbo cars with fuel injection around, or maybe we can say almost all of them. If there is a carburetor turbo setup, isn't it special?

Actually there are rally cars that use carburetor system many years back. Maybe we can source from the owners of those cars whom have successfully bolted a turbo on their carburetor cars.

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
sory for late reply, anyway the safest thing to BOT ur 4g13 is dis things u need

for already mmc wiring/ecu
td04L (standard boost 0.6)
intercooler gsr stock or vr4 small size
BOV any replica will do
boost meter will need reliable ones
if can,put a thicker gasket 0.8 - 1mm to make it low compr
4g92 injectors(forget wat the cc already)
open pod air filter

now the only thing that is custom made is the IC pipings & the banana (these 2 not selling off the rack like other models etc 4g9x,4g6x, so u have to custom made)

for future upgrade is
bigger fuel pump - walbro, evo
4g63 SOCH throttle body
change to 4g92 clutch or 4g13/15 semi race clutch (coz ur stock clutch cant grip the power of BOT - happen to me, it slips on 3rd gear)
last thing is ur e-manage

as for siemens breeds
change to mmc ecu n wiring, intake and necessary stuffs like distributors & throttle body (vdo n mmc not same-cant use back the same thing) (RM1,500 rough estimation)

then oni u start with

BOV any replica will do
open pod air filter

now the only thing that is custom made is the IC pipings & the banana (these 2 not selling off the rack like other models etc 4g9x,4g6x, so u have to custom made)

for future upgrade is
4g63 SOCH throttle body
change to 4g92 clutch or 4g13/15 semi race clutch (coz ur stock clutch cant grip the power of BOT - happen to me, it slips on 3rd gear)

viostar - u got my PM -

i think i explained my view..hehehe :thefinger:

scorpiod

Known Member
May 28, 2008
What do I need to convert my 4G13 carburetor to fuel injection?

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
sory for late reply, anyway the safest thing to BOT ur 4g13 is dis things u need

for already mmc wiring/ecu
BOV any replica will do
open pod air filter

for future upgrade is
4g63 SOCH throttle body

as for siemens breeds
change to mmc ecu n wiring, intake and necessary stuffs like distributors & throttle body (vdo n mmc not same-cant use back the same thing) (RM1,500 rough estimation)

then oni u start with

BOV any replica will do
open pod air filter

for future upgrade is
4g63 SOCH throttle body

viostar - u got my PM -

i think i explained my view..hehehe :thefinger:
Dear chris,

I went & viewed your car photo. Very impressive!!
chris where u from ? Might need to ask you for tea than chat about BOT on 4G13 neh...
My location is PJ.

Q: For the starter you changed to VR4 type. Fit ka? Let say I want to change also?? What others option do I have?

Q: Budget... what is the budget for BOT 4G13??

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
just take urself same as siemens breed.

u have to start by looking to mmc wiring and ecu n all the components 1st. might be rare coz 4g13 mmc is not in production anymore for dis mmc, try ask halfcut sure most of them dun have, dis one u must find from forum or used items or keep an eye in marketplace. best is, i suggest after u get all ur necessary items to upgrade to injection, u change to injection 1st, let it jalan for a while wif ur engine.

then is the hardest part is collecting all the necessary items to bot like wat i mentioned. for me is hard la coz i collect each item a month, if u got budget already, can get all at once. but one thing is turbine u must find a good condition. dun simply get one without knowing the condition.

for me i dunwan change engine, i do dis mod..many ppl especially power crazy will think dis is waste of money, but its up to u at the end of day. so if ppl racun u, its ur strength to eat the racun or not. hehe :listen:

Bump:
Dear chris,

I went & viewed your car photo. Very impressive!!
chris where u from ? Might need to ask you for tea than chat about BOT on 4G13 neh...
My location is PJ.

Q: For the starter you changed to VR4 type. Fit ka? Let say I want to change also?? What others option do I have?

Q: Budget... what is the budget for BOT 4G13??
heyya, im from ampang. if during day time weekend i might be free :P working days, hav to work lor..

A - U cud try 4g1x, 4g9x, even 4g6x ones, perdana for etc oso can use, but must mod la.VR4 starter itself can't fit, must mod abit.. u hav to find those sellers dat already mod the vr4 starter to fit to our 4g13
i give u a link - http://protoncars.biz/index.php/topic,19244.0.html
& one more thing, after install the vr4 starter, u must put the relay starter(aroundrm70-80) coz our original starter dun't have relay. i experienced b4, just put vr4 starter without relay, sumtimes ur car can't start..ended up the prob was no relay. after putting relay, its gud, n sound nice.hehe

A - budget ar? depends on ur breed..r u siemens or mmc?mmc cheaper,siemens expensive by RM1.5k. ok i can tell u the price la from my experience.

td04L (standard boost 0.6) rm700
intercooler gsr stock or vr4 small size rm100-used , rm350-new
BOV any replica will do rm150
boost meter will need reliable ones rm380
if can,put a thicker gasket 0.8 - 1mm to make it low compr rm180
4g92 injectors(forget wat the cc already) comes with the mmc wiring n all
open pod air filter rm100 used

custom banana & custom IC piping - rm1.5k
labor charge rm500

so all these price i mentioned is agak2 only, more or less la

above mentioned is enough for you to build a basic turbo engine 4g13

u can say it expensive n not worth it, or by doing dis mod, get a better mitsu engine transplant.

dats y, u must set urself a target n finish it. don't let ppl poison u la..hehe if u r a power freak, damn dis is not for u, but for leisure and can follow a gti/putra is satisfying already, then dis is for u. :burnout:

Last edited:

scorpiod

Known Member
May 28, 2008
Chris, what are the mmc wiring, ecu and components i need? Can you list it down for me so that I would not buy the wrong thing.

4G13 and 4G15 wiring,ecu, and components same?

Why siemens edition cannot be used?

Anyone selling those injection parts here? or know anyone who want to sell them?

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Chris, what are the mmc wiring, ecu and components i need? Can you list it down for me so that I would not buy the wrong thing.

4G13 and 4G15 wiring,ecu, and components same? - yes its the same, u can use either

Why siemens edition cannot be used? - coz the fuel setting is locked. its alwis rich in fuel. i dunno much about dis tho, but definitely, with mmc, u can set things right even with bot, try ask a tuner

Anyone selling those injection parts here? or know anyone who want to sell them?
i dun really know wats the details from carbs to injection
dis is wat i know from my siemens to mmc
u have to have
1)mmc wiring n ecu
2)mmc intake
3)mmc throttle body (best is use 4g63 soch type - from perdana 1st badge)
4)mmc distributor

any sifu's care to add?? :wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, anybody out there can machine (aluminium) trumpets for the Toyota Blacktop 4 throttle?

Hole diameter start at 49mm and grow to around 70mm at 75mm height... or any other custom dimensions??

Rgds,
Andrew
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience