R34 GTR MFD unit..

rizalaris

Aug 14, 2008
Hi all.
I have 1 unit MFD (V-spec 99) taken out from my car.
I treat this one as a spare as I bought another one recently.
This unit is in a good working condition, but the thing is, the screen have a
bit orange color in the middle upon start-up, but all the sensors value are readable. Im not sure where or how to fix it.
Any suggestion guys?

Im also plan to sell it if anyone interested..
Cheers.

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Bro, may I know where did you get ur new unit from? Mine have some blurr imagine around the side and thinking to buy a new unit to change it out also:proud:

S

semperfi

how much and is can fit GTT? tq:biggrin:
GTTs are analog. GTRs are computerized. The rest of the boys might be able to answer your question. As for my opinion, there are possibilities. But then, GTR has the F-Torque which the GTT hasn't. It would take a rocket scientist to install that for you.

Thank God, mine is still in tip-top condition. Touch wood! It's a sooner or later thing. damn...

S

semperfi

Rizalaris,

Sorry to hijack your thread bro. I've heard that you can play around with the MFD. There's this owner who has his car as a wallpaper on his Multi Functional Display. Any ideas?

If I were to upgrade to the NISMO version II software for my MFD, do I need to do anything to the MFD or the ECU?

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
Rizalaris,

Sorry to hijack your thread bro. I've heard that you can play around with the MFD. There's this owner who has his car as a wallpaper on his Multi Functional Display. Any ideas?

If I were to upgrade to the NISMO version II software for my MFD, do I need to do anything to the MFD or the ECU?
no need, plug and play if im not mistaken

rizalaris

Aug 14, 2008
Rizalaris,

as far as i know, the TV button function can input the NTSC video signal from the out source.
maybe some sifus can elaborate more..
would be nice to have a wallpaper like that huh..

for the nismo vII upgrade, vspec and above won't need anything else i think ..
but for the ECU, I believe some ppl will have a trouble getting pass the "throttle sensor calibration stage" on an aftermarket ECU and as such it will not continue. (from gtroc.UK)

Bump: As some ppl asked, I will let it go for no less than RM1.8k.
Two weeks warranty, and I will give a full refund if buyer not happy, for whatever reason..
It might be overpriced, but I rather keep it as a spare than to sell it cheaper.

Cheers..

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Semperfi, don't tell me you wanna install the Nismo version into your MFD ah??!! That software cost almost around RM5k plus oh:mad::mad::mad: The only different is boost can goes up to 2 bar, lap timer, G force unit, and blar blar blar... I rather go for ECU in this case lah...:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
Semperfi, don't tell me you wanna install the Nismo version into your MFD ah??!! That software cost almost around RM5k plus oh:mad::mad::mad: The only different is boost can goes up to 2 bar, lap timer, G force unit, and blar blar blar... I rather go for ECU in this case lah...:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
it actually costs about 2k only if i remember correctly....

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Do u have pics of the defect?If really it becoz of the screen than i can help u and also modded it so u can play movie/video on the MFD itself.

cheers

rizalaris

Aug 14, 2008
Do u have pics of the defect?If really it becoz of the screen than i can help u and also modded it so u can play movie/video on the MFD itself.

cheers
oh sorry i don't have it. need to re-install to grab a pic.
the LCD screen defect due to hot weather condition i guess..
so what's the solution u suggest?

caff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2007
izzit come with the cover of the MFD? if so ,i am interested.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bro/Sifu,

My Kancil got this problem just after doing the top overhaul of my Engine. Went into the same pomen/mechanic and he said something about oil seal leak etc. after all that he had done, its still leaking. my last drive just 2300km and the indicator warning already on. need second opinion from other sifu out there.

TQ for your reply.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience