Antiroll bar 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chassis and Wheels

Antiroll bar 1.6

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
I have a set of front antiroll bar and lower arm taken from satria 1.6. ARB looks quite thick. At least 22mm. Could be 23mm. Will double check.

good upgrade for Satria/wira 1.5/1.3
Reason for selling is, I upgraded to EVO 3 ARB + lower arm.

Picture will be uploaded soon.

Asking for RM100 (price revised)

Last edited:

carlyap

500 RPM
Jun 9, 2008
what is your best price?
kinda interested

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Topic starter, why did you "down grade" to EVO3 ARB when your original bar is thicker?

Even my Wira 1.5 use 20mm front ARB. I suggest you to get yourself a set of 23mm MIVEC/EVO1 ARB.

BTW, for sales reason, your original ARB is suitable for the latter batches of Putra with 17mm front ARB. Hope you find a buyer soon. Good luck!

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
He's selling the front ARB lar..
Yaya, I am sellint the front Anti roll bar + lower arm. Thanks for clarification.

Topic starter, why did you "down grade" to EVO3 ARB when your original bar is thicker?

Even my Wira 1.5 use 20mm front ARB. I suggest you to get yourself a set of 23mm MIVEC/EVO1 ARB.

BTW, for sales reason, your original ARB is suitable for the latter batches of Putra with 17mm front ARB. Hope you find a buyer soon. Good luck!
Well, the diameter of the anti roll bar may seems to be thicker. But at the end of the day, it's the mounting design of the linkage that allows the caster angle change during a cornering. That's because the the antiroll bar is mounted on the mounting plate(telinga) that is located on the absorber itself.

During cornering, the absorber turns and it changes the caster angle a little wider.

And also, the further the linkage is being mounted, the better the antiroll effect will be due to the larger moment arm that the ARB can provide.

For example, a gti mounting method has the exact same style of the EVO's. And U should know that GTI handling is better than 1.6.

Finally, the EVO's lower arm is a cast iron solid piece. And the shear and stress on the lower arm itself as effect of the harsh cornering will be limited.

So, to my understanding, I'd prefer to call it Upgrading.
Oppsss... One more statement, The above explanation only apply to EVO 2 and 3. EVO 1 have the 1.6 ARB mounting design and it's made of welded stamp steel plate assembly...

Thanks for reading.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
yes that's true. i am not aware that you have replaced the front absorbers.
Yaya... R3 absorbers and springs in a set of 4. Well, they seems to be serving me quite well... Handles corner quite well, at the same time not to bumpy on my ride... Much better than the stock GTI. But of course it's not meant to be compared with adjustables lar...

Anyway, it reminds me of TEIN hilo softhard. Handles as good as HKS, but not as uncomfortable. Sorry, I don;t mean to advertise here.... Hehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.