difficult to start my 4AGE 20V SVT

shizilki

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
terengganu
Have you check your ECU?
Almost all '92~'96 SVT's ECU is in bad shape now.
This is a must check item.
try engine diagnostic, this may help to identify the problem area of the engine...

good luck

hmmm thanks for the info guys, maybe i'll try the diagnostic 1st. wish me luck:biggrin:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
When my ECU having problem few years back, i couldn't get any error code from engine diagnostic. I even tried out on the road diagnostic but it also shows normal.
I guess when the "brain" damage, it won't tell anything correct...

If you have one of the following symptons, check your ECU immediately.
- engine stall after warm up but become Ok after cool it down
- strange smell from exhaust
- misfiring and loosing power
- engine knocking even the IG timing set at 10 deg or below
- check light turns on but no error codes detected

Good luck bro.

shizilki

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
terengganu
i got a same prob. what should i do?? do i have to change the ecu..
hehe same prob like mine bro, does yours smell gasoline whenever successfully start thru exhaust?
i think better check ECU 1st lah. i wanted to check mine but don't hv the time. I did reset my ECU but the problem still there:confused:

minem

Sep 15, 2008
P.Puteh, Kelate
hehe same prob like mine bro, does yours smell gasoline whenever successfully start thru exhaust?
i think better check ECU 1st lah. i wanted to check mine but don't hv the time. I did reset my ECU but the problem still there:confused:
i dont know about da smell, but the check light turn on when above 130kmh, misfiring and feel like 'lembik', .. how to check ECU??

shizilki

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
terengganu
certain mech shop got diagnostic computers. go there, they charge around rm80 ??? i think la, last i check my ecu is 2004 hehehe:nurse:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
I would suggest you to check your ECU before go for engine dignostic.
Otherwise, you might end up paying RM80 for no answer, just like my previous case.

One of my friend's GZE mati at Kuantan (can't start at all), ending up have to bring back the ECU by coach. Another guy's have problem at Gua Musang, pulled the car to the road side and bring back the ECU by bus. When the time he get back to his car, all ICE is gone. And me, my engine suddenly stall when i was IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, pushing my car towards 3000rpm at first gear! Luckily there is no Lory or bus tailing me from behind.

I don't know what have you done to your car, but judging from your description, its almost 90% is ECU problem. So please have your ECU check immediately, before balik kampung at Raya Holiday.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All sifu.. Any suggestion on a good and stable adjustable absorber for Wira --> GSR Turbo car(for low profile wheel)? Currently using cheap adjustable absorber. Really bad, unstable during cornering now a days after using it for 2 years. Please advise. Thank u so much.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience