Suggest What Car to buy for RM200k?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
bro,

buy impreza sti v9...i hv one too...i at kk, where u?

if u wan to buy car, i can recomend u my fren. a car dealer at kolombong...can hv a look there if the car there suit u

feel free to sms me 0168417327

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
Just an update for you guys/girls. Maybe, just maaaaybe, I might have a bigger budget. If my budget is bigger then I will think again (GTR 34??), but if budget remains the same, then i think definately will go for Subaru Impreza Version 9.
I love the Turbo in that car!!

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
benz SLK!!!
The old shape SLK (R170) doesnt have good handling due to recirculating ball steering, making steering feel very uninspiring in my opinion. Anyything newer, ie R171 SLK will be way out of my price range :)

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
S2K interiors are nice and handles very well in cornering. Low end power sucks really bad but after 6000rpm, VTEC will scream and a lot of power up to 8800 rpm. But I don't like the suspension.. very stiff. But its very fast.

IMO... in the order of preference.
1- Evo 9 MR (very comfortable + power is there but cannot feel it)
2- Sti ver 9 (suspension very hard but power is more than EVO 9 MR)
3- R34 GTR (not the GTS-T version) <- lot of power potential
4- Civic Type R ( JDM 4 door, new 2008 model)
5- 350Z coupe (Very nice looks)
6- S2K
7- Civic Type R (2 door ep3) <- suspension too soft compared to honda line ups
7- Integra Type R (DC5) <- suspension too hard but too heavy but EP3 has very nice interior compare to DC5

I've driven all this car before because all my friend has them. So i know how each individual car feels except for the R34..

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
haha...how bout BMW 330 Ci cabriolet?there is 1 selling at motortrader at RM175k

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
Thanks D-IV. :)

Hey 5115, maybe my budget can stretch higher depending on one or 2 things. I have asked my local car dealer to see how much it will be if they import me a BMW E46 M3 from Japan.

I saw in KL, they are seling a 2003 unregistered car for RM275k Negotiable, so if my car guy here can get me one for around RM260++, I think I may get it. Fingers crossed.

He D-IV, just out of curiosity, what makes you prefer the EVO to the STi V9? I know all this is down to personal preference, but was just interested in your own reasons.
Thanks

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Why EVO over the Sti?... Pretty much a close match but below are the personal reasons..

1- I'm not fond of the intermittent exhaust sound of the STi.
2- Ride comfort of the EVO excels over the STi on the streets.
3- Hard cornering ability, I will put my trust on the EVO anyday~

I might be biased though but i'm trying my best not to be coz I've own an EVO before. But i've also driven STi's a lot of times already. My brother owns one.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...

i wanna change my headlight bulb to halogen one...don wan HID coz illegal
& too expensive...

i was quoted by sparepart shop for Philips ( rm80 ) but many types...blue
vision..etc..etc...

but Osram (rm50) cheaper....

which one is better and last longer and can see clearly during night / raining??...my car is civic EG9...local and recon,
the 'tapak' is different....

care to share and advise....TQVM
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience