4G15p - can do something on this plant?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
seanless, not really out of topic lah, one suggestion was to use a standalone ecu le, then sure no prob edi...siemens really that lousy ka?

drexchan sez its actually more 'powerful' than the mitsu ecu, just that it takes time to learn...this one i donno, im driving carburetted vehicle..

Last edited:

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
LOL

This is an awesome thread. Definitely got all the sifus in one thread talking away. I'm actually taking notes. Some of the stuff mentioned is already in my list of mods. Many others, however, are not. I like to run some of these recommendations with the Powerzone ppl and see what they have to say because the Powerzone components are already 'tuned', so it'll be interesting to know about compatibilities and what other tuning work needs to be done if I opted for extra stuff.

fvel,

actually 4g15 block is not bad.
my opinion to get 4g15 killer machine is.

1. powerzone stroker kit to 1.6
2. adjustable crankshaft pulley.
3. better and responsive cam(either wild or high degree or watever cam larr)
4. light weight cam pulley.
5. WEBER carburator. sorry no EFI.
6. CAI with high flow air filter.
7. iridium spark plug.
8. 4-2-1
9. s flow mufler wif bullet. not so loud.
10. Port n polish.
11. proper tunning of carb and ignition timing.

there u go. 4g15 killer machine! no need wat wat piggy back ecu to control the AF ratio, just hantam the weber in! u know stock 4g13 with weber and 4-2-1 can reach 160km/h on stock auto gear? hehe.... power of carburator!

fvel, ur 4g15 is EFI rite?
Yeah, I got most of the stuff you listed and my 4G15 is indeed EFI. But a Weber....I know it's powerful but it will be hell with my FC because I tekan almost all the time..... hehehe

saga611

May 9, 2005
Petaling Jaya
hello ppl! would like to share my experience here.

my 4g13 i fitted with super touring flywheel+clutch plate besar(tak ingat size dia la)+clutch cover perdana(gila rojak), the flywheel is lightened to be lighter than the stock flywheel(tak ingat la bape kilo 6.5kg kot). a lot of difference, esp in 3rd an 4th gear. u get this feel where the gears macam jadi panjang. 3rd gear 140kmh, 4th gear 160kmh, 5th gear boleh la 175 or sampai takde power nak push lagi. flywheel ni bila ada momentum dia syok la. down side dia gear 1 nak tuka gear 2 macam lagging skit.

also i need advice la from all u taiko here.

(1)now im using 4-1 ekzos in my car,but i dont have a high cam. if i change 421 issit better? honestly i think my setup now is rubbish. i dont think the ekzos is complementing the sweet spots of the rpm band. what do you think?

(2)mane nak cari drop in utk saga12v tak? carburettor punya drop in...K&N ada ke? i used to pakai open pod tapi macam taik je. lagi best pakai stock air filter, ada top speed+heat shield ahaha

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
lolz... best modding method... throw out the SIEMENS ecu and replace with aftermarket standalone ecu...:burnout:
was thinking this too...but think of it..the price you change standalone ECU equalt the price yu getting a 4g91/92 so inthe end not worth...so is better plan piece by piece.

seanless, not really out of topic lah, one suggestion was to use a standalone ecu le, then sure no prob edi...siemens really that lousy ka?

drexchan sez its actually more 'powerful' than the mitsu ecu, just that it takes time to learn...this one i donno, im driving carburetted vehicle..
1st of all..i`m not seanless.....hahahaha i`m Seanlee same gang with drexchan, well i couldn`t say siemens in powerfull ECU, by it was a good ems for most clean burning fuel that can be control..so by mean alot thing we can`t over do on the mod in the car.... must have a knowlegde of " know / how the siemens works" then only plan the modding, siemens is very sensitivie ecu same like BMW having..too much sensor which single mistake your car will die off.. so back to the basic...carburator still the best..hahaha

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
(1)now im using 4-1 ekzos in my car,but i dont have a high cam. if i change 421 issit better? honestly i think my setup now is rubbish. i dont think the ekzos is complementing the sweet spots of the rpm band. what do you think?

(2)mane nak cari drop in utk saga12v tak? carburettor punya drop in...K&N ada ke? i used to pakai open pod tapi macam taik je. lagi best pakai stock air filter, ada top speed+heat shield ahaha
- 421 extractor is better for street use... if ur driving style is alwiz at mid to high rpm range, 41 will benefit u more.... but if u alwiz at low to mid rpm range, 421 is ur best choice...

- kangyoon is selling it in zth marketplace.... brand new, k&n dropin filter element for saga 12v....

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
hello ppl! would like to share my experience here.

my 4g13 i fitted with super touring flywheel+clutch plate besar(tak ingat size dia la)+clutch cover perdana(gila rojak), the flywheel is lightened to be lighter than the stock flywheel(tak ingat la bape kilo 6.5kg kot). a lot of difference, esp in 3rd an 4th gear. u get this feel where the gears macam jadi panjang. 3rd gear 140kmh, 4th gear 160kmh, 5th gear boleh la 175 or sampai takde power nak push lagi. flywheel ni bila ada momentum dia syok la. down side dia gear 1 nak tuka gear 2 macam lagging skit.

also i need advice la from all u taiko here.

remember..lighten too much on flywheel will lost momemtom of the flywheel..yet reduce the speed of going up...but you have 0-100km/h but 100-180km/h will be slower then stock.

1) your car is runing 4-1 is good enuff..but if you choose to have 4-2-1 you will facing hard climbing on high rpm after 5krpm....4-2-1 increase torque and respond..
meanwhile 4-1 desgin more smooth on high rpm climb but low rpm will have abit lagging.....

2)there is no drop in for saga carb...unless get a heat shiled with open pod..but must have CAI as well..

3) My personal TIps for you.....go look for MEgaValve saga piston this piston design for more high compression...will give you increase of pick up and power.
is not easy to find..coz this car produce less on the round..in malaysia....

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
was thinking this too...but think of it..the price you change standalone ECU equalt the price yu getting a 4g91/92 so inthe end not worth...so is better plan piece by piece.

1st of all..i`m not seanless.....hahahaha i`m Seanlee same gang with drexchan, well i couldn`t say siemens in powerfull ECU, by it was a good ems for most clean burning fuel that can be control..so by mean alot thing we can`t over do on the mod in the car.... must have a knowlegde of " know / how the siemens works" then only plan the modding, siemens is very sensitivie ecu same like BMW having..too much sensor which single mistake your car will die off.. so back to the basic...carburator still the best..hahaha
hehehe sorry paiseh paiseh yeah i noe i guys same gang at WAC, wondering how come now cannot view WAC anymore? (off topic liao)

anyways i dint noe that fact about siemens, lotsa sensors ah...no wonder a bit harder to fool around with it then...i guess...hehe

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
as the sifoos here oledi mentioned, a 4-2-1 generally will give u a better low to mid...just wondering, y u think ur current setup is rubbish? wat difference did u notice b4 n after changing to the 4-1 header?

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
as the sifoos here oledi mentioned, a 4-2-1 generally will give u a better low to mid...just wondering, y u think ur current setup is rubbish? wat difference did u notice b4 n after changing to the 4-1 header?
no rubbish larr. i think the current setup is good for high rpm. sure ur 1 and 2 gear lagging cozs u using 4-1 extractor. u hantam in high cam then u can feel sagaTEC power(macam vtec). haha....

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
mebbe what he wants is more low down torque, mebbe...

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
saw webber before lol the shit look awesome :) but too bad im not in cab...

and the webber setting not that easy rite?

guys if from the front page u can see my mod for my 4g13p. that i mention. now i need some help to ask my mech to set for me.

i just order k&N 2.7/6 inch something like that. nop drop in filter

and crank pulley, stilll need to adjust my cam pulley too? cuz i already tune ....

and fuel regulator.

wat the best Fuel regulator setting???

i scare later i plug the fuel regulator and setting wrong all my gas burn like shit plus no power...

Last edited:

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
sean, got saga drop-in K&N filter selling in zth marketplace ler... 2 of my friend bought from kangyoon before....

nah link: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...28-kaitospeed-k-and-n-drop-in-air-filter.html
sorry...forget that carb also got..coz was thinking those with filter box type..hahaha

hehehe sorry paiseh paiseh yeah i noe i guys same gang at WAC, wondering how come now cannot view WAC anymore? (off topic liao)

anyways i dint noe that fact about siemens, lotsa sensors ah...no wonder a bit harder to fool around with it then...i guess...hehe
WAC still runing all the while.. Board Message

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
so how is the car getting on?
already well tested with powerzone stuffs?
ready to rock.......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

At 5am UK time, Team Lotus F1 will be unveiling their latest machine this Monday to their subscribers and fans only before the world gets to see it. Subscription is free of charge and good before 31st of January. The Subscription automatically puts you in the list to receive their free but highly exclusive Team Lotus Notes magazine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience