sepang track day [29 30 dec 2007]

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
bro, that calendar is useless. checkout the main page. it says that track closed 18 dec - 7 jan. u wanna go trackday, call kumar. dont rely on the track calendar. the last week of november was full of trackdays (even weekdays) but none was announced in the website. i attended a session on 28th november, and that was after calling kumar. as u can see, no trackday in november as posted in calendar.

sepang circuit is a world class formula 1 racetrack bro. they have no time to update their website. all of their staff sooooooooooo busy...

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
woi...tak kan aku pun kena?

i very free one la...just that i am not the person in charge of the website. hahahahaha

when come to salak to yum char again?!

Throttle

Oct 31, 2007
Bro, can I hv Kumar's number... :biggrin:

When do u think is the nearest track day?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i dunno where i kept his hp number but he's usually reachable at this number
+603-87782240 - SIC track office

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
he's in india now la. anything look up with azman or richard at the same number

bee14ve

Sep 20, 2007
Bro Sori to cut in....
I oso wish to kno wat de charges for tat day if available?

senzr

Jan 13, 2005
Ok, I've just managed to get through to the track office. They said the track is being resurfaced and that the next available track day might be in April.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Am I the only one who feels like it's pointless to have our own circuit when we can't even get a chance to drive it? I understand that the staff might be on leave, but for goodness sake, is updating the site calendar so difficult?

Like many of you here, I've spent tons of money on my car to make it a more track-oriented machine, but I'm really pissed that I can't even learn to drive my car on the limit or even use 60% of my car's potential. I'm easy on the gas pedal and try to stay safe on public roads, because that's no place for racing. But every time I'm hopeful for a track day, I'm disappointed. Some people resort to mountain backroads occasionally to satisfy the urges for cornering g's and some redline action. But it's not safe, or legal.

HPC and GRA autocross days are great for learning, but very limiting. There's endless waiting just to get out on track, and actual track time is very little for the money you pay and time you spend there.

I've gone to SIC to find 2-3 Porsche cup cars from Singapore taking their time doing setups and evaluation. I know that anyone who can afford to pay the rental fees deserves the track, but c'mon. A whole friggin' track just for 2-3 cars? Only one or two cars were out at any one time on that day. It seems like such a waste.

I'm not aiming my frustrations at anyone in particular. I'm just so frustrated and disappointed that we have this world class facility, but those of us who don't have Porsches rarely stand a chance to get track time, if any.

Would the powers that be rather we take it to the streets? There are plenty of sensible, legitimate car enthusiasts in the Klang Valley, I'm sure. The track is responsible for the surge in motorsports interest in the country, and almost singlehandedly multiplied the size of the tuning industry.

But we're all modded up, and have nowhere to go.

This is unacceptable. What's the point?

Anyone with any inside stories on what really goes on at SIC, please chime in. I'd like to believe that there is hope yet for the rest of us who want a decent chance at safe, organised ways of enjoying our cars.

Because the situation now is utter rubbish.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
its okay bro. take ur car on the streets. thats what i did. its not our fault that THE ONLY CIRCUIT IN KLANG VALLEY is closed...

anyways, sepang circuit has only been catering to private bookings lately. they have no idea how some people had to suffer (especially me as a student) to come up with rm150 for trackday entrance fee, let alone pay rm80k/day for track rental. and even worse still, they wouldnt even update their website for trackday dates!

why dont we all go on the 29th n 30th December, and let them tell us that SIC wont be open for trackday. then we let the SIC track office have the greatest scolding of their lives for not updating the website. so at least we can hope that they wont do it again...

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
dissapointed too........ sic management s*cks! more open trackdays! like batu 3! every saturday sunday open! weekdays also open. how come more drag events?

SubVerSiv

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
I can remember the reason given for the closing of the Batu Tiga circuit: Selangor already have 2 racing circuits.

Right. Not for the public I guess.

I can imagine the legendary 'green hell', Nurburgring, as being more accessible to the public than the not-so-legendary deserted desert: Sepang.