On Board Civic Type R FD2 in Nov HPC Event

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
As promised guys...

1st time doing this, hope it goes wells..

This is the 2007 Honda Civic Type R FD2 and the 1st outing in HPC event as well as the 1st outing of the FD2 in SIC track for me. :biggrin:

There are 3 parts in total all from the morning 3rd session in Group 3.

Car is stock except for the J's Racing FX Full Titainum exhaust only.

Enjoy the 1st video while i update the other 2 video later.

YouTube - Civic FD2 in SIC Nov 2007 - Part 1

how come no small video box like Roy's video ah??http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HVIizCs6Ro

Last edited:

sub

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ, Selangor
finally shaken it down at sepang eh chris? :D
i reach afternoon couldnt go say hi to you...
btw, the "ngai" sticker on the front bumper u ask who plot one ah? :P

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
finally shaken it down at sepang eh chris? :D
i reach afternoon couldnt go say hi to you...
btw, the "ngai" sticker on the front bumper u ask who plot one ah? :P
Yup.. The ngai word can be bought from J's Racing actually. Just found out though.

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Hope i get it right this time. :slug:

Part 3

[youtube]37F40nNx9K4[/youtube]

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
Pretty neat driving and what a car...

Anyway, I noticed that u shuffled your hands at the corners. I know there's always different schools of thot on hand placement for track driving. I'm with the one on 9 - 3 position and I can take the full sepang track on 9 - 3. And I took on this habit after seeing all those on-board videos of Best motoring and also the malaysian rally drivers. For me, 9 -3 hand placement gives more control in countersteering an oversteer. I would think your CTR should have a smaller lock to lock compared to my 4.4 lock to lock steering rack, so you probably don't have to turn more than I do at the corners. FYI, the instructors team from the Proton H&T department also preaching the 9 - 3 hand placement and how to swap hands correctly and effectively so that your hands will always land back on the 9-3 position. But i guess shuffling works for you and FF cars.

Another thing i noticed is that you were following too close to some of the cars at times. While I don't doubt your driving skills, it's better and safer not to assume the front car has the same driving skill level as yours. Leave some margin of error just in case front the car suddenly goes off, be it a mechanical failure or driver's error. Shit does happen. ;)

No offence...

Last edited:

sub

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ, Selangor
Yup.. The ngai word can be bought from J's Racing actually. Just found out though.
hahahaha... do you have stock now then? :P
sidetrack a bit... :biggrin:
btw, planning to get the hoses and brake fluids you recommended..
might need to have them delivered to me in johor.. can arrange?

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
thanks for sharing!! may i know the blue eg6 running on wat engine?
That one my friend's ori EG6 running on stock 98 spec B18C-R block and head with:-

J's Racing 4-2-1 extractor
J's Racing SPL Shifter bush
EBC brakes all round
Skunk2 shortshifter + Billet gear knob
Skunk2 Gen1 Intake
Custom gear ratio from ME :idea:
There are more parts but above are just some i can remember now.

This car is no joke as it is as fast as FD2 on straight. But now it is going for a head job and a re-tune. It should be much faster on the next track day. :biggrin:

Last edited:

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Pretty neat driving and what a car...

Anyway, I noticed that u shuffled your hands at the corners. I know there's always different schools of thot on hand placement for track driving. I'm with the one on 9 - 3 position and I can take the full sepang track on 9 - 3. And I took on this habit after seeing all those on-board videos of Best motoring and also the malaysian rally drivers. For me, 9 -3 hand placement gives more control in countersteering an oversteer. I would think your CTR should have a smaller lock to lock compared to my 4.4 lock to lock steering rack, so you probably don't have to turn more than I do at the corners. FYI, the instructors team from the Proton H&T department also preaching the 9 - 3 hand placement and how to swap hands correctly and effectively so that your hands will always land back on the 9-3 position. But i guess shuffling works for you and FF cars.
What i do and try to practice is called PUSH-PULL technique which i think commonly used in UK on both road, advanced driving courses as well as sedan car racing there.

As you can see from video, i'm still here to learn and practice as much as i can during driving time. My push-pull is still far from perfect and need a little more driving time hence you see the video like i'm shuffling quite a bit.

My hands are most of the time at 9-3 and i had to push-pull at tighter corners as i do not want to cross hand when i know the corner is tighter. In track i have been driving most of time on track cars only and these track cars i drive normally do not have power steering and turning ratios are not as short hence i do need to turn more on corners with more effort as well.

This is the very 1st time i took a road going car down to sepang since 2004 and if you had sat next to me on the 1st session, you will see how much movement i had as i kept forgetting this car has power steering and requering less steering. I just kept laughing at myself with the huge steering input and reaction i had on this car.

If i don't understand wrong, what you practice at 9-3 is called FIXED-HAND. This is widely used and can be used mostly in single-seater race car as well as rear-wheel drive car like the Lotus Elise where throttle input can help to steer the car and hand is normally fixed 9-3 due to the quick reaction you require when driving to the limits counter-steering all the way through long bends like 5, 12.

On a FF car like the CTR and my track DC2, i think it is going to be very tough to steer and enter tight corners correctly if i stayed Fixed-Hand 9-3.

Maybe Faisal can chip in on these and driving the Proton Satria R3 with power-steering round SIC. I haven't driven one yet so i don't know if the Satria can drive round SIC at 9-3 fixed hand.

It is interesting to know more, so if you guys see the video and know where i can improve is good as i always find myself too slow in corners compare to the MSS guys. Hence, i have bought all this bracket and stands for video so i can watch back to see my mistakes.

Last edited:

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Another thing i noticed is that you were following too close to some of the cars at times. While I don't doubt your driving skills, it's better and safer not to assume the front car has the same driving skill level as yours. Leave some margin of error just in case front the car suddenly goes off, be it a mechanical failure or driver's error. Shit does happen. ;)

No offence...
From the video it look like it is very very close. It is close but not as close as it seemed like.

I think it is the way the camera was place right at the rear windscreen and the very long dashboard and short front end make it look even worse and closer.

I was actually driving a little closer on 2nd session but after a few unexpected braking action on corners where i normally don't brake and stayed a little further for more room for corrections.

This is also my 1st HPC event, and were initially told like the Group 3 is for experience driver only so i assumed that most people on group 3 would know the track fairly well if not better than me.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what will happen if i pump normal diesel for new engine?
the petrol station near my house don't got euro5...the nearest petrol station that got sell euro5 is 1 hour more from my house..i looking for petronas brand only
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience