DIY Install Engine Start Button (with pictures)

RoyBlue

Sep 10, 2007
haha if wrong then u can smell something.... hehehe.... just be carefull la...
lol... smoke is okay... don't wait got electrical fire.... that'll be one way cool MOD..!!!

C

chilskater

i have complete of PIVOT start button..i think similiar wiring diagram..go search on PIVOT USA website..

how about the security?i can simply press button n go way with ur car?

Tainted

Aug 31, 2007
I like to install it as well.
How much u paid for that switch?

I'm not really a DIY kind of person,wonder whether I would be able to do it?
Btw,I drive a Satria 1.6 M.

Tainted

Aug 31, 2007
How much did u paid for the button?
I'd like to do it too to my Satria.

RoyBlue

Sep 10, 2007
I like to install it as well.
How much u paid for that switch?

I'm not really a DIY kind of person,wonder whether I would be able to do it?
Btw,I drive a Satria 1.6 M.
I'm driving a Satria too. Contact FTZone on this forum here. He can get the button for ya.

RoyBlue

Sep 10, 2007
bro ROY...the button on your steering is NOS?>
NOS??? what is NOS!!?!?! hahahaha no la. My car where can put NOS... turbo pun tarak. It's a horn button which I also DIY. I put it there so i can use my thumb to activate the horn when i driving.

Just sprayed back my dashboard center console and spruced up my faded meter panel.... :) a lot of work.......

RoyBlue

Sep 10, 2007
Can DIY one la. Haiya. Never try never know ma. I also try try only. I study law k... not electronical engineering. :)

Muffins

May 3, 2006
Bro, quick question. Will this work with any other kind of switch? (Provided its not a switch that stays in one position la, I mean those types of switch you find on Aircond starters, the ones that bounce back out when pushed)

Cos I'm planning on modding one of those toggle switches to not "toggle" but to spring back and to put on a F15 style rocker cover :biggrin:

Alasui.

RoyBlue

Sep 10, 2007
Bro, quick question. Will this work with any other kind of switch? (Provided its not a switch that stays in one position la, I mean those types of switch you find on Aircond starters, the ones that bounce back out when pushed)

Cos I'm planning on modding one of those toggle switches to not "toggle" but to spring back and to put on a F15 style rocker cover :biggrin:

Alasui.

Most importantly is that you need a relay for it. Get a SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) relay with a min of 30 amps for 12V's to use it. You mean you wanna make it like a "doomsday switch" kinda feel to it? Yeah... the same kinda method Hollywood movies use to remote detonate explosive charges. That would be cool. If your wiring is correct, I don't see a problem. However, why not leave the toggle switch to turn on the ignition system ( switch the system to HOT) and the push button to get the baby runnin?

P.S. If you can let me know where to find those f15 style of rocker covers... that would be mighty appreciated...

Muffins

May 3, 2006
Yeah, I was doing some research on Google and found out about the relay. Mrrrpfh... have to figure out basic kemahiran hidup wiring schematics again :hmmmm:

And I thought i've come across those rocker switches before.. but i can't remember where. Need to go explore the pasar road electronics shops again one day. woot. First things first, cari relay. Second step, try not to blow up car.

Ninja Edit : Got my relay at an ICE accessories shop. cost me RM25. Going shopping after work for a pretty looking switch to use. wooo. will post pictures and step by step when I manage to get it working. Heh. I'm estimating the total cost of the project to be below RM35.

Last edited:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
i had cut one of the wire but the key turning still can start the engine. Izzit if this wire not the one that mean is another wire i should cut. Coz only 2 wires i connect.