Can GT-R be a daily use car?

Johnny_9

Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
KL
Yes can be a daily driver if u r a multi-millionaire; but most multi-millionaire are busy and have a driver and dont have time to drive a skyline GTR BNR34 around evryday in tarffic jams looking cool.

Ground Clearance over speed bumps and Parking Space would be an issue - unless you park in KLCC

What would be the "cash-burn" of a GTR daily driver?

RM150 Petrol per week and RM2,500 to 3,000 per month maintenance (assuming no major repairs e.g. kerb your 18 inch nismo rims = RM8k - excluding mods and loan servicing)

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I pretty much drive mine daily.. I'm not a multimillionaire though. But now its in the workshop :(

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
Yes can be a daily driver if u r a multi-millionaire; but most multi-millionaire are busy and have a driver and dont have time to drive a skyline GTR BNR34 around evryday in tarffic jams looking cool.

Ground Clearance over speed bumps and Parking Space would be an issue - unless you park in KLCC

What would be the "cash-burn" of a GTR daily driver?

RM150 Petrol per week and RM2,500 to 3,000 per month maintenance (assuming no major repairs e.g. kerb your 18 inch nismo rims = RM8k - excluding mods and loan servicing)
sori mates..
juz need some clarification pertaining with that figure..

assuming a standard/minor modded 34GTR driven daily from shah alam/KLIA/shah alam using mainly hways which is about 130km for both ways,how much do you guys think the fuel would cost per day/week?..:burnout:

juz wanna compare the figures with an RB25DET auto...tq guys!

DrifterKao

Known Member
Nov 30, 2006
From my personal experience... i dont think u wan to drive it daily...Be ready to get another nice car like Toyotas or Nissan which is comfortable and save fuel...Its was my first plan to drive it daily and i found out that its not wise at all...If u are rich enough,get a BENZ or BMW for daily car and GTR for Weekends...

things i dont like about GTR=
1) FUEL
2) Parking is gonna be a big problem, better watch out for your GTwing,GTR emblem, RIMs and lots more
3) Maintenance would be alot if u are using Brand Such as MOTUL and u wouldnt be using SHELL or CALTEX fully syn anymore.
4) Driving Stick with Twin Clutch plate and with Stiff susp is gonna make u headache in most journey.
5) Tyres would burn your pocket for everytime u change it...estimate 4k if u r using 265/35/18 good tyres.Its wears out faster then u imagine.my brand new tyres last for average 6months

well this is matters that happens to me right now....u will found it more later when u got your GTR

BTW is anyone selling GTR rear emblem???? i lookin for one since mine kena stolen :(

Last edited:

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
From my personal experience... i dont think u wan to drive it daily...Be ready to get another nice car like Toyotas or Nissan which is comfortable and save fuel...Its was my first plan to drive it daily and i found out that its not wise at all...If u are rich enough,get a BENZ or BMW for daily car and GTR for Weekends...

things i dont like about GTR=
1) FUEL
2) Parking is gonna be a big problem, better watch out for your GTwing,GTR emblem, RIMs and lots more
3) Maintenance would be alot if u are using Brand Such as MOTUL and u wouldnt be using SHELL or CALTEX fully syn anymore.
4) Driving Stick with Twin Clutch plate and with Stiff susp is gonna make u headache in most journey.
5) Tyres would burn your pocket for everytime u change it...estimate 4k if u r using 265/35/18 good tyres.Its wears out faster then u imagine.my brand new tyres last for average 6months

well this is matters that happens to me right now....u will found it more later when u got your GTR

BTW is anyone selling GTR rear emblem???? i lookin for one since mine kena stolen :(

Waaa..kind of a long list that you dont like bout your GTR...

drMpower

May 1, 2006
i've got this terrible feeling upon u guys which use big cars/ high performance cars.

what in the name that holy, u keep the car for weekends? and not for more frequeny use?

i mean, if u are able to buy those Merc, or those SUVs, or even GTRs, then grumping and complaining about fuel isnt seem right, is it? or the maintenance cost. because you guys are damned rich and got those plush to purchase those cars in the first place..

and aahh..if the GTR is used even for weekends, but then during those 3 days,2 nights, suddenly your right foot become very-very heavy, then, its just the same, is it?of course, you wanna teach some waja-lution or wira-lution posers and then just floored the pedal like hell.

why?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i've got this terrible feeling upon u guys which use big cars/ high performance cars.

what in the name that holy, u keep the car for weekends? and not for more frequeny use?

i mean, if u are able to buy those Merc, or those SUVs, or even GTRs, then grumping and complaining about fuel isnt seem right, is it? or the maintenance cost. because you guys are damned rich and got those plush to purchase those cars in the first place..

and aahh..if the GTR is used even for weekends, but then during those 3 days,2 nights, suddenly your right foot become very-very heavy, then, its just the same, is it?of course, you wanna teach some waja-lution or wira-lution posers and then just floored the pedal like hell.

why?
I think you're being irrational. A guy asked a question, most of us answered and compared notes. Sure we grumble when major services are due and things break down but when the GTR is on full boost, its just worth it.

And I think we all work damn hard to be where we are and have what we now own so its not fair to stereotype.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005

why?
I don't own any big and powerful car but I would like to say something.

There's a reason a particular car is kept for weekend use. A GTR, for example, is not practical for KL jams, taking your clients around or going to the minimart. You may think it's all high and mighty to be driving a GTR everyday but soon the novelty will wear off. You will want to have a nice comfortable auto car to drive around town.

The fuel consumption is part of the discussion. What do you expect them to say? The GTR is as fuel efficient as a Myvi? They are trying to tell us non-GTR owners that the fuel consumption is high, that even people who has the money to buy such cars will find it expensive to maintain. It's to discourage some people, who think they have just enough money to cover the monthly installment, from buying a GTR because the fuel and maintenance will starve them.

Got my point?

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
sori mates..
juz need some clarification pertaining with that figure..

assuming a standard/minor modded 34GTR driven daily from shah alam/KLIA/shah alam using mainly hways which is about 130km for both ways,how much do you guys think the fuel would cost per day/week?..:burnout:

juz wanna compare the figures with an RB25DET auto...tq guys!

hmmm..any GTR owners wanna share?...
gonna present the figures in next meeting with Finance Minister @ Wifey..

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
hmmm..any GTR owners wanna share?...
gonna present the figures in next meeting with Finance Minister @ Wifey..
wouldnt be as bad as you think, keeping to the speed limit in 6th is barely working the engine. you'd probably get ok-ish KMs.

although i do travel back and forth from KL to Putrajaya, mine is not an accurate indicator as its either WOT or not. :biggrin:

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
[PIMPIN];2372967 said:
wouldnt be as bad as you think, keeping to the speed limit in 6th is barely working the engine. you'd probably get ok-ish KMs.

although i do travel back and forth from KL to Putrajaya, mine is not an accurate indicator as its either WOT or not. :biggrin:

currently my bastard child RB25DET sucking me bout rm40 of fuel for both ways(sh alam/KLIA/sh alam)..:burnout:

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
so dont really mind a lil' extra if its a GTR mate..:biggrin:

Jebu

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
I've owned and driven a skyline in one form or another as a daily driver for the past 7 years. Of course my car is an R32, its old and the wear and tear sucks.

My suggestion is, if its a newer skyline and in standard form, its good for as a daily driver and weekend track uses.
If its an old and tired car or you've modded up the car, get a cheap daily driver and use the car for weekend hill drives and track usage. Its the wear and tear that will kill your wallet.

If you want to own a sports car, you shouldn't be complaining about fuel consumption.
Get a MyVi.

My 2 cents... :slug:

Johnny_9

Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
KL
So IF you drove your BNR34 GTR everyday, cost of tyres every six months would be an issue at RM4k a pop (x2 = RM8k ~ cost of the insurance)

Also the "wrong kind of attention" i.e. getting your wing/emblem stolen etc.

And driving on bumpy roads, would shake you up nicely unless you spend on on "Super Street" type of suspension.

So if you can afford RM280K to buy the car and use it as the weekend toy then you are in the lucky segment - instead of buying the 2nd condo for investment....you buy the GTR

If you are a boss and drive from Damansara into Mandarin Hotel special reserved space, then you can drive a GTR34 everyday.

If you are a "normal" guy who has to park by the roadside, I dont think you would drive a GTR even if you could afford it.

So those who drive a GTR every day are

a) Have lots of money - either themselves or....
b) And/or a job with secured & reserved car parking
For peace of mind from car being vandalised, broken into etc
E.g used car dealer, mechanics
c) Don't mind being "high profile"

Would you park your car everyday in Megamal and become a target? Then you have to use the jockey service?

Last edited:

DrifterKao

Known Member
Nov 30, 2006
not to say u cant drive GTR everyday...is just that its not pratical enough compare with those other SEDANs car....I actually drive it most of the time even i do hav Second car...

but having a car which are cheaper make peace of mind when driving it everyday.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone know how much is the normal price for a piece of wheel spacer and what kind of material of the wheel spacer is available on the market?

I am using it on a Toyota Land Cruiser Mark II...what type or diameter of wheel spacer should i use..

Does anyone have any idea?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience