Toyota Vs Honda

kukuciao

Known Member

kukuciao

Known Member
May 28, 2004
Cause he is a patient driver mah.........

If you see his car, please be patient... don't tekan your accelerator..

Chill out... lets talk cock sing song..... here

ahahahahaha

Sep 23, 2006
That's just outright funny how people proclaim 15-18 year old VTEC technology as superior to VVT-i technology, which was more or less geared for the same purpose: more power.

VVT-i > VTEC for more reasons that I could possibly type out, which would only bore the shit out of you all. ;)

Main reasons are VTEC acts as an on/off switch, whereas VVT-i is infinitely a variable throughout the entire powerband, and it's CONTINUOUS from the moment you start the engine.

The "i" for intelligent marks its clever control program which varies the timing of the valves not only by engine speed (RPMs) but acceleration (so it senses your lead foot) and going uphill or downhill.

VVT-i has better overall useable power, fuel economy, more intelligent, wider tq band, more smoothness, better acceleration, and more reliable because everytime VTEC kicks in, your valvetrain weakens, your gas consumption goes up, and VTEC solenoids use up a lot more oil, where VVT-i has more efficient uses for the same engine oil.

I could go on and on, but VTEC pales in comparison to VVT-i.

kugan81

Known Member

kugan81

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Penang
Visit site
So whats the difference between i-vtec and Vtec ? Is Honda trying to keep abreast with the Toyota VVti :) ?

Oct 16, 2006
yeah agree with robbie (fowler? hmmm..) vtec is power and top notch la! but no doubt toyota is the best car in the world. dont think honda can made something like toyota lexus? are they? hmm...so.. we can see both car have diferent tech and touch. but dono why i love to see the new civic... damn...hot hot hot!

-Jae's

Known Member

-Jae's

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
same la...honda need spend money on their engine also ma...just like turbocharged...but onli it is NA...whats the diff?? when will this thread close?? v-tec or vvt-i same la...not like if u own a v-tec or vvt-i u own all of the engine...most of the v-tec owner i noe all RL ok 1...but not in forum...lolz...mayb we should have a TT where the v-tec n vvt-i owners get to noe each other...dont la settle on da road all...nowdays having problem wif altis owners,simply cucuk me...sob --.--"""

raining

Known Member

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
i agree with Robbie,toyota wins in overall,comfort,value for money etc..toyota wins. Honda still need to learn from toyota in design,for example,camry,93 supra,last but not least,toyota celica. Not to say honda sucks,but toyota is a nice car in overall. IF some said honda is performance wise,then how about Supra vs NSX?

raining

Known Member

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
if compare toyota supra with honda nsx,i can get a 10 seconds car in just quarter of the price of nsx. so,why i need to spend RM1m to get an nsx? toyota celica TRD vs honda integra type R,what makes u feel that type R will win??

donchichi

Known Member

donchichi

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Can I add in something sarcastic here.... " my dad can beat your dad up in a fight".. so childish.. To each their own car choice. There's a wide variety of car choices from every car manufacturer, go for the one to your liking and stop dissing other cars. You can make any car fast, its the amount of money you spend. You can buy any fast stock car, its the money you spend. In the end again its the buyers choice.

Why don't we all go back to basics and go on about how the engine works and find out the intricate details of what makes the cars good and find out the limitations and enjoy the mechanical wonders in our cars. Basically its still the same, burn petrol --> make the car move.

OzXchange

OzXchange

Mar 28, 2007
Hmm, seems this thread is a little old now, but I'll weigh into this. I own a mk3 Supra with a 1JZ twin-turbo in it. It eats Honda's for breakfast.

camshaft

Known Member

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
Hmm, seems this thread is a little old now, but I'll weigh into this. I own a mk3 Supra with a 1JZ twin-turbo in it. It eats Honda's for breakfast.
bring up this post!!! ozxchange...still thinking childish huh? i doesn't matter which one is the best...both are good in their own categories....Toyota got their advantage on supercharge and turbo...while honda rules the world of NA in term of performance...both are great car..and if u are thinking who can eat who or tapau who...both can..honda can be faster than toyota and same goes to toyota, it also can tapau honda...it's just the matter of money...the more u mod the faster ur car can be....ozxchange..it doesn't matter if u own a 1JZ twin turbo...there thousand of honda cars out there that can tapau u for breakfast,lunch,dinner and tea time...a b20b turbo that have 500whp also can lose to anyone...it's just the matter of mods and money that the driver have...

Last edited:

kugan81

Known Member

kugan81

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Penang
Visit site
Hi there people, i don't mean to spill more kerosene into a burning fire but here is my 2 cents worth of tought. Honda's make excellent track cars as most of them are built to handle and it stops there, fast NA, street and track cars. But when it comes to versatility, i FEEL Toyota is better, as with a toyota, you can build track, drag and drift cars, damn guys there are so any of them we can start a derby out of those cars. Even the cars which are 20 years old like the KE70, and all the old corrolla can be modded to suite todays newer engines with an affordable cost unlike honda parts which almost cost a price of a whole toyota sometimes. Well I drive a Celica SX85 1JZ and I love it. I can set it up to drift, drag and even for the circuit all in 1hour for each setup with just a few tweaks to the suspension and engine management.

Thats just my toughts guy, i know i going to kena tembak by the Honda enthusiast but whats i wrote is what i feel at heart, not just taking anyones side but my own. This does not mean i do not respect honda, its just preferences, differnet people like differnet things if not the world will be a boring place :) In general i just love cars and if i can have all of them I will.

This forum is supposed to promote the enthusiasm towards cars and not cause disputes. So if there are more disputed, hope Admins close down this forum before someone gets killed.:fear:

Andy9668

Known Member

Andy9668

Known Member
Oct 17, 2006
Toyota Vs Honda ?

Camry vs accord
Altis vs civic
Vios vs city
Rav4 vs crv
Wish vs stream
Yaris vs jazz
Estima vs oddesy
Alpha vs ?
Avanza vs ?
Innova vs ?
Even Hilux & Hiace van vs ? & ? van ...?
oh.. one more Fortuner vs ? what le?

Anyone can tell me??? Maybe you will know what the result between toyota vs honda now.

camshaft

Known Member

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
Toyota Vs Honda ?

Camry vs accord
Altis vs civic
Vios vs city
Rav4 vs crv
Wish vs stream
Yaris vs jazz
Estima vs oddesy
Alpha vs ?
Avanza vs ?
Innova vs ?
Even Hilux & Hiace van vs ? & ? van ...?
oh.. one more Fortuner vs ? what le?

Anyone can tell me??? Maybe you will know what the result between toyota vs honda now.
im so lazy to type/think rite now? do we have anyone want's to answer his question???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, yesterday i was in KL. heavy floods. So i has to go through the floods. When i came home, i noticed that the fog light was not working. any idea why?

btw, there is something called relay which might be connected to the fog light.

does it mean that i have to change or repair smtg in a proton each time it goes through a flood? :sad_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience